#201 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,228 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 03, 2017 - 12:31 PM

I would like them to try a Nick, JC and DLo in the starting lineup with Julius and move Deng to the bench as the 4 while Nance is out. 

Even with Nance in the rotation, this should be attempted.

While Clarkson's play hasn't warranted a starting role, a change of scenery wouldn't hurt either.  With him in the starting lineup, the Lakers have the flexibility of him guarding the opposing 1 guard since he's much more quicker and athletic in comparison to D'Angelo.  Nick is easily one of our most consistent defenders so despite being smaller, I think he'll still hold up well guarding opposing small forwards.  I just feel like Luke has favored Deng for far too long now.  It's time to try and plug him into other rotations.

Russell / Ingram (I have him at the 1 because he should be the dominate ball handler off the bench)

Clarkson / Williams

Young / Deng

Randle / Robinson / Nance (when he returns)

Mozgov / Black / Zubac (wish Luke gave him Black's minutes)

#202 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,214 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 03, 2017 - 12:38 PM

Stagger Russell/Clarkson's minutes then so one can get time with the bench unit.  It can be done though.  The first unit needs more playmakers. 

Hell I'd go as far as to say start Ingram with Russell instead of him off the bench.  I just feel he fits better within the first unit who is running more sets while the 2nd unit is mainly trying to score off the back of Lou and Clarkson making simple reads. 

Either start Ingram or Clarkson and move Deng to the bench as the 4.  Either works for me as a new look. 

This is fair. who would play SG or PG off the bench along with Lou? Not comfortable having Calderon or celo unless the main rotation is Clarkson Lou and Russell. Or young sees some Minutes at the 2 with the bench.

• JGuez likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#203 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,228 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 03, 2017 - 12:41 PM

Deng has started every single game...  Why?  I don't know.  This is the only issue I've found wit Luke's coaching decisions alongside a few rotation and lineup issues closing games.

#204 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,564 posts

Posted January 03, 2017 - 12:54 PM

Deng has started every single game... Why? I don't know. This is the only issue I've found wit Luke's coaching decisions alongside a few rotation and lineup issues closing games.

Not an easy decision to bench a new and highest paid signee 35 games in. I'd like to move him to the bench too but I understand why Luke is starting him.

#205 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,564 posts

Posted January 03, 2017 - 12:59 PM

Stagger Russell/Clarkson's minutes then so one can get time with the bench unit. It can be done though. The first unit needs more playmakers.

Hell I'd go as far as to say start Ingram with Russell instead of him off the bench. I just feel he fits better within the first unit who is running more sets while the 2nd unit is mainly trying to score off the back of Lou and Clarkson making simple reads.

Either start Ingram or Clarkson and move Deng to the bench as the 4. Either works for me as a new look.

Yeah that's what I meant. Similar to last season.

I think Luke might stick with the lineups for some time before he makes changes.

I wouldn't want to bench young tbh but if the lakers are still gonna suck it may be worth seeing what the youngsters can do together. Russell/Clarkson/Ingram/randle. Either thats your starting lineup or play them more minutes together.

#206 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,833 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 06, 2017 - 09:38 AM

Lol the team doesn't need to be restructured. What needs to be restructured is fans EXPECTATIONS of a young team.

This. The team was garbage last year, BEFORE the retirement of a top 10 all time NBA player and then added a few role players. This rebuild will take years, or a home run, or both.
  • DaSmoothOperator likes this

#207 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,663 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 09, 2017 - 07:29 AM

Restructuring team - more like tweaking the team a bit since they FO wont tank and likely wont do anything significant. 

I think we should move either TRob OR TBlack. I love what they're bringing and i'd even admit that i might have been wrong on TRob. But with Mozzy, Deng, Randle and Nance coming back i'm not sure if there is enough minutes for both of them. Black or T-Rob combined with either Calderon and/or Huertas should be able to land us a piece that fit a bit better. 

#208 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,305 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 09, 2017 - 09:24 AM

Move Moz and Deng ;)

• Busty Bluth likes this

#209 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,315 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted January 09, 2017 - 01:08 PM

Move Moz and Deng ;)

I know a nice farm up north

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • LACAS likes this

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#210 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,074 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted January 09, 2017 - 01:33 PM

Restructuring team - more like tweaking the team a bit since they FO wont tank and likely wont do anything significant.

I think we should move either TRob OR TBlack. I love what they're bringing and i'd even admit that i might have been wrong on TRob. But with Mozzy, Deng, Randle and Nance coming back i'm not sure if there is enough minutes for both of them. Black or T-Rob combined with either Calderon and/or Huertas should be able to land us a piece that fit a bit better.

I'm not opposed to moving them but for who? What can we get for them that makes us better?

#211 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,305 posts

Posted January 09, 2017 - 03:22 PM

I know a nice farm up north

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL

#212 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,305 posts

Posted January 09, 2017 - 03:25 PM

I'm not opposed to moving them but for who? What can we get for them that makes us better?

I doubt we can move them or at least for anyone who makes us much better, IMO moving those contracts alone is a win... It may sound repetitive on my behalf but Noel, c'mon on down son.

Just for the sake of debate....

If we were able to move Moz and somehow landed Noel are we better or worse?

#213 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,663 posts

Posted January 10, 2017 - 12:55 AM

Not really sure. Personally, i'd try to move Black and Calderon + a future 2nd round pick to Dallas for Bogut. Short term, he'd be a game changer on the defensive end because he's still elite on that end and really makes everyone around him better as well.

If we could pull that off, i'd try ot move TRob and Huertas to Houston for KJ McDaniels, which would be a gamble. Huertas hardly sees the floor, but has been relatively effective in short spurts. Houston needs depth both at the 5 and 1 and KJ could be a defensive stopper. If not, he's a FA after next season.

#214 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,343 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted January 10, 2017 - 06:56 AM

Not really sure. Personally, i'd try to move Black and Calderon + a future 2nd round pick to Dallas for Bogut. Short term, he'd be a game changer on the defensive end because he's still elite on that end and really makes everyone around him better as well.

If we could pull that off, i'd try ot move TRob and Huertas to Houston for KJ McDaniels, which would be a gamble. Huertas hardly sees the floor, but has been relatively effective in short spurts. Houston needs depth both at the 5 and 1 and KJ could be a defensive stopper. If not, he's a FA after next season.

LMAO...KJ is who I compared WCS to when you kept saying we should trade for him, now you want KJ too?

Are you trying to assemble a D league team?

I am fully convinced at this point that you don't actually watch basketball! You are trying to use 2K logic to build an actual NBA team!

Edited by kidpolean, January 10, 2017 - 06:56 AM.

#215 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,074 posts

Posted January 10, 2017 - 10:43 AM

Now your just trying to trade just to make a trade. I just don't get the point of them. We don't need Bogut and he is no longer a defensive anchor. KJ will never be a defensive stopper. I wanted him a couple years ago but his game hasn't improved much. Honestly watch them play because they are not the players you described

#216 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,406 posts
  • Name:Ryan

Posted January 10, 2017 - 10:49 AM

LMAO...KJ is who I compared WCS to when you kept saying we should trade for him, now you want KJ too?

I am fully convinced at this point that you don't actually watch basketball! You are trying to use 2K logic to build an actual NBA team!

Exactly what I was thinking.  Or like in Madden trading a few D rated players for a C rated player.  Who are Dallas and Houston cutting to make room for the extra guys?  

#217 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,663 posts

Posted January 10, 2017 - 11:42 PM

I honestly dont care too much about your player evaluation or who you compared WCS to. You thought we should have drafted Jahlil Okafor over D’Angelo Russell, despite all statistics pointing towards Okafor being a dinosaur. That says it all.

Now your just trying to trade just to make a trade. I just don't get the point of them. We don't need Bogut and he is no longer a defensive anchor. KJ will never be a defensive stopper. I wanted him a couple years ago but his game hasn't improved much. Honestly watch them play because they are not the players you described

Well, we disagre on Bogut. I think he’s a strong defensive anchor and he does come in on a 2nd place in DRPM if you care about that sort of stuff. I expect you dont, since you have that take on him. KJ may very well turn out being a bust. Who knows. Wouldn't have to be him either. Could be any number of guys. But the point is that once Nance comes back there isn’t enough minutes to go around in the frontcourt to both TRob and Black, much less next season if Zubac is going to see the floor, which i hope he will. So if once of them isn't going to see the floor for the rest of the season or next season then why not take a flyer on someone and stash him in the D-League.

#218 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,074 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 12:32 AM

I honestly dont care too much about your player evaluation or who you compared WCS to. You thought we should have drafted Jahlil Okafor over D’Angelo Russell, despite all statistics pointing towards Okafor being a dinosaur. That says it all.

Well, we disagre on Bogut. I think he’s a strong defensive anchor and he does come in on a 2nd place in DRPM if you care about that sort of stuff. I expect you dont, since you have that take on him. KJ may very well turn out being a bust. Who knows. Wouldn't have to be him either. Could be any number of guys. But the point is that once Nance comes back there isn’t enough minutes to go around in the frontcourt to both TRob and Black, much less next season if Zubac is going to see the floor, which i hope he will. So if once of them isn't going to see the floor for the rest of the season or next season then why not take a flyer on someone and stash him in the D-League.

What's the point of trading NBA players for a player we can stash in the Dleague. Also on Bogut I go by watching the game and he isn't the type of defensive player he used to be. Again you said you want to trade player who are not a part of the future so why trade for a player who.wouldnt be part of the future? Makes no since

#219 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,343 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted January 11, 2017 - 05:59 AM

I honestly dont care too much about your player evaluation or who you compared WCS to. You thought we should have drafted Jahlil Okafor over D’Angelo Russell, despite all statistics pointing towards Okafor being a dinosaur. That says it all.

Well, we disagre on Bogut. I think he’s a strong defensive anchor and he does come in on a 2nd place in DRPM if you care about that sort of stuff. I expect you dont, since you have that take on him. KJ may very well turn out being a bust. Who knows. Wouldn't have to be him either. Could be any number of guys. But the point is that once Nance comes back there isn’t enough minutes to go around in the frontcourt to both TRob and Black, much less next season if Zubac is going to see the floor, which i hope he will. So if once of them isn't going to see the floor for the rest of the season or next season then why not take a flyer on someone and stash him in the D-League. [/size]

You don't care about my player evaluations? What about the rest of the forum that also thinks your ideas are insane?

You're trying to compare predicting a players transition from college to the pros, which Russell is still being questioned by many and has displayed the exact problems within his game that I said he would, versus trading for players that are struggling in the NBA after years of experience.

Nice reach though with the Russell thing. I vaguely remember a lot of people being shocked at that pick but go ahead and try to rewrite history and act as if Russell was clearly the better option. Okafor was a consensus top 3 pick that I projected to go 2nd...not sure why that is so much of a stretch! There were legit nba scouts that would have agreed with me. Hell, there were scouts that would have taken Russell over Towns lol

I dont understand why someone would trade players that have a significant impact on there team for WCS or KJ. Id give up a late 2nd round pick for WCS but KJ can stay where he is. No logical thinking person is trading anyone of actual value for either of those guys. Than you completely contradict your entire rebuilding philosophy by proposing a trade centered around Bogut! You've been arguing to get rid of Lou/Young on the basis that they won't be effective when our youth is ready to compete, yet you want to trade for an already declining big? You are all over the place and seem to just be throwing around random trades with little to no logic behind them.

Edited by kidpolean, January 11, 2017 - 06:21 AM.

#220 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,305 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 06:36 AM

Trade them all ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users