32 replies to this topic

#1 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,466 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 10, 2016 - 01:05 AM

Guys, since DLO and Nicki are out we are really relying tooo much on Lou Williams. Dont get me wrong, Lou is amazing and he is the first player to ever score so much points of a bench since the Lakers 70-71 season I think. THIS IS AMAZING! KUDOS TO LOU, I really love his fire and desire and you can literally see that he has the passion to play for us at any circumstances..

But where are the points from Deng or Jordan Clarkson? I expect them to make or to have an impact when we lose key players! Especially of Deng. He is not the oldest and not the youngest, I get it. Hes been now 13  or 12 years in the league? I dont know, he was a beast in chicago, now I know he is not the same anymore but come on, AT LEAST DRIVE TO THE [expletive]ING BASKET .....even if its just 10 points per game.. I would totally be cool with that!

AND WHERE IS JORDAN CLARKSON WHEN WE NEED HIM? He signed his new major deal this summer and now he leans back on that or what?

Especially JC, one of the guys whos been here the longest (3 years) is a key factor of our new generation and I dont really feel that he wants it at the end of the game.. He doesnt take the ball over and he doesnt take games over , ...I know if he really would he could! He did that mutliple times last season!

So bascily, we can not rely on one Player and think yeah yeah we will win this game, because right now it looks like Kobe in 2005-2008, in his prime years, were he carried us. This is Lou. He trys to carry us, but he needs help and power from every single player..especially when our core breaks down...

So what is the best solution? Try to trade Lou as good as we can right now? Because he literally is on fire and we might get something good for him as a trade value? OR let him be part of this new project, because I know Luke relys on him much..

Any way, we need our guys back..SOON! 

All the hard work of the early season and early games is bascilly vanished with our losing streak right now.. we are going to sink in the west...AGAIN..

• DaSmoothOperator likes this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#2 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,979 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 10, 2016 - 05:18 AM

In the second half, you saw flashes of Ingram stepping up his game.   Effectively attacking the rim.  Grabbing rebounds. Even running out and setting up for that three -which he knocked down.  He is going to shine more and more each week.

Randle is a #3, at best.   He plays hard and plays with good energy. He's much better with Russell on the court.  Everything he does drops a notch without Russell.   And playing without Russell makes him force things, which makes him look worse.

Clarkson is underwhelming.

We knew 2 years ago that he might be benefiting from being a gunner getting heavy minutes on a bad team.  

As a 6th, 7th, or 8th man, his game is fine.  But, he doesn't need to be playing hero ball, as starter, right out of the gate.

Lou is what he is.  He can score.  It's great having a guy like Lou.  But he needs to be in that Jamal Crawford role.  Not the Kobe role.

Get healthy, and things will start to get better.  Even watching this team lose last night, I didn't see a despondent team that thinks the season is over.

But, we needed to win last night, and we need to win Sunday.   Now, let's at least win Sunday and get Russell and Nick back and healthy for the road trip. If not, we'll be 10 games under.

I actually think this team will have us excited again before Christmas, and we will be celebrating a Christmas Day victory over the Clippers here in 15 days.

Don't feed the trolls. 

#3 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,029 posts

Posted December 10, 2016 - 06:22 AM

The defense is a whole story on its own but IMO if D-Lo is out Huertas has to start over Clarkson so we can get some ball movement.

I'm really disappointed in how little Clarkson passes now. I'm not sure what's happening but he's getting into really bad habits.

The good news is we should be healthy again very soon.

• UKUGA likes this

#4 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,350 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted December 10, 2016 - 07:30 AM

I think Clarkson wants to be the guy.

And isn't quite at the point to do it.

Has to learn when to shoot, drive, draw the foul, or pass off when he draws defenders.

He has all the skills.  Needs coaching and time is all.

Experiment now especially when players are out.

Come back next season ready to rock and roll.

(i'm not sure anyone but Lou is playing better since D'lo went down? Anyone?)

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#5 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,462 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted December 10, 2016 - 09:08 AM

In the second half, you saw flashes of Ingram stepping up his game. Effectively attacking the rim. Grabbing rebounds. Even running out and setting up for that three -which he knocked down. He is going to shine more and more each week.

Randle is a #3, at best. He plays hard and plays with good energy. He's much better with Russell on the court. Everything he does drops a notch without Russell. And playing without Russell makes him force things, which makes him look worse.

Clarkson is underwhelming.

We knew 2 years ago that he might be benefiting from being a gunner getting heavy minutes on a bad team.

As a 6th, 7th, or 8th man, his game is fine. But, he doesn't need to be playing hero ball, as starter, right out of the gate.

Lou is what he is. He can score. It's great having a guy like Lou. But he needs to be in that Jamal Crawford role. Not the Kobe role.

Get healthy, and things will start to get better. Even watching this team lose last night, I didn't see a despondent team that thinks the season is over.

But, we needed to win last night, and we need to win Sunday. Now, let's at least win Sunday and get Russell and Nick back and healthy for the road trip. If not, we'll be 10 games under.

I actually think this team will have us excited again before Christmas, and we will be celebrating a Christmas Day victory over the Clippers here in 15 days.

Randle needs Russell? Lol okay

#6 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,466 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 10, 2016 - 10:05 AM

Clarkson wants to be the guy..but he isnt..at least not yet

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#7 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,979 posts

Posted December 10, 2016 - 11:15 AM

Randle needs Russell? Lol okay

He needs our PG to initiate the offense.

Randle, and others have declined since Russell's absence.

I didn't know this was new information.
  • GCMD likes this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#8 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 5,304 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 10, 2016 - 12:19 PM

We need Lol Deng to step up. Period! He's the supposed 'veteran leader' making a [expletive] load of money.

At least play up to expectations.

#9 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,045 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 10, 2016 - 01:42 PM

Nothing about Clarkson's game screams he'll be "the Guy" at some point.  Good role player is the ceiling of his future and that's not an insult

Clarkson wants to be the guy..but he isnt..at least not yet

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#10 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,462 posts

Posted December 10, 2016 - 03:11 PM

He needs our PG to initiate the offense.

Randle, and others have declined since Russell's absence.

I didn't know this was new information.

or maybe it's due to an increase in offensive responsibilities and playing outside of the role that he is accustomed to?

Naw...he just really needs Russell's greatness to rub off on him every game to be effective

Edited by kidpolean, December 10, 2016 - 03:12 PM.

#11 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,350 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted December 10, 2016 - 03:58 PM

Nothing about Clarkson's game screams he'll be "the Guy" at some point.  Good role player is the ceiling of his future and that's not an insult

Could be.

But i see him as a possible 20 point scorer in the next 2 years, which is somewhat more than merely role player tag.

Could happen here. Could be with another team.

I'm still a fan. Dude having a rough stretch.

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#12 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,045 posts

Posted December 10, 2016 - 04:09 PM

Im not exactly down on him but it's year 3 and he is still doing some seriously boneheaded things on the court.  Not to mention he's past that "he's still young" stage.  I don't see him ever being good enough for a team to let him be a high usage player to average 20 a game. 

He's gotta step up and play better, regardless of the win or loss.  

Could be.

But i see him as a possible 20 point scorer in the next 2 years, which is somewhat more than merely role player tag.

Could happen here. Could be with another team.

I'm still a fan. Dude having a rough stretch.

Edited by Jody Smokes, December 10, 2016 - 04:09 PM.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#13 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,979 posts

Posted December 10, 2016 - 05:00 PM

or maybe it's due to an increase in offensive responsibilities and playing outside of the role that he is accustomed to?

Naw...he just really needs Russell's greatness to rub off on him every game to be effective

Well, your first statement is exactly what I was saying. Both times.

Your second statement reflects your continued to inability to look past the surface of a statement and undersrstand a deeper meaning.

This is why message boards die.
  • GCMD and lakerfan98 like this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#14 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,462 posts

Posted December 10, 2016 - 05:26 PM

Well, your first statement is exactly what I was saying. Both times.
Your second statement reflects your continued to inability to look past the surface of a statement and undersrstand a deeper meaning.
This is why message boards die.

lmao...that makes no sense!

A deeper meaning? You attributed Randle's early success to Russell but I'll humor you for awhile.

So you basically wrote a paragraph to say that an individual player is at their best when the rest of the team's roster is at full strength? No [expletive] Sherlock! In what way is that specific to Russell or Randle?

How long did it take you to figure that one out?

Randle is a #3, at best.

People kill forums by stating nonsensical opinions that they couldn't possibly back up with any factual data or statistics like the one I just quoted from you!

And this forum was pretty bad off way before I started posting here. We have a Mod that either hates the Lakers or is a troll lol

Edited by kidpolean, December 10, 2016 - 05:32 PM.

#15 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,027 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 29, 2016 - 06:09 AM

A PF needing a PG is not news, nor is it something that normally needs discussion.

The Lakers and Lakers Fans need to stop worrying about someONE stepping up and give in to the fact that what we need is BALANCE and a reliance on the OFFENSE creating for us, not an individual player becoming the "Face of the Franchise".

Kobe is not walking through that door...let it go.

Balance...that requires a player that we don't have, yet.  Or it requires one of our players to be a much more well-rounded than any of our players currently are.

Find the player that glues this team together.  He will be your barometer for this team's potential.  The guys that have that potential?  

Ingram, Nance and Deng.

Until we find a guy that does a better job than they do OR one of them "gets it", we will struggle...especially with consistency.

• UKUGA and Jody Smokes like this

tenor.gif

#16 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,186 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 30, 2016 - 02:57 AM

When Lou and Nick are your best players there is a problem. 

• LACAS likes this

#17 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,462 posts

Posted December 30, 2016 - 03:05 AM

When Lou and Nick are your best players there is a problem.

There really isn't a problem, we are simply a young and rebuilding team. I know Lakers fans have been spoiled, but don't some of you watch other sports? I've been watching my Chargers suck for damn near two decades at this point! This is simply what happens in sports. Lakers, however, will recover in 3-4 years. Everything is fine.

Edited by kidpolean, December 30, 2016 - 03:05 AM.

• JGuez and Jody Smokes like this

#18 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,045 posts

Posted December 30, 2016 - 07:49 AM

These dudes act like the Warriors WITH Steph in his 3rd year, Monta in his 7th, Klay as a rookie, David Lee in his 8th and Richard Jefferson as some of the best players on the team in 11-12 was a joke.  Team went 23-43 in the short season 

There really isn't a problem, we are simply a young and rebuilding team. I know Lakers fans have been spoiled, but don't some of you watch other sports? I've been watching my Chargers suck for damn near two decades at this point! This is simply what happens in sports. Lakers, however, will recover in 3-4 years. Everything is fine.

• JGuez and KidRN like this

#19 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,045 posts

Posted December 30, 2016 - 08:31 AM

When this team gets good the crowd that likes to conveniently forget things will hate me even more than they already do. LOL.  Might be 3 years but I'll remember. 

• JGuez likes this

#20 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,186 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 31, 2016 - 08:07 AM

Steeler Fan. Hard to relate  LOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users