Photo

NBA Officiating (Last Two Minute Report)

Lakers Grizzlies Officiating NBA

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,282 posts

Posted December 05, 2016 - 07:21 PM

So against Grizzlies, the NBA's own last two minute report says that Grizzlies got away with two loose ball fouls that were not given.

The first one was at the last 30sec mark, where Tony Allen grabs the arm of Ingram chasing the rebound, and there was no call. If the refs called that, Ingram would have shot 2 FTs with 30 second to go.

The second missed call was again a loose ball situation where Deng tries to get into position on Clarkson's miss, but Marc Gasol fouls him. Again if the refs called it, Deng would have shot 2 FTs.

http://official.nba....MEM-12-3-16.pdf

This is the official report. Sometimes I wonder how Luke maintains his calmness in these situations, not that this occurs just in the late game but some of them were ridiculous.

fXlFKv8.gif

#2 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,794 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 05, 2016 - 07:25 PM

I didn't think the officiating was that bad for this game. Definitely not like the game at Utah or Minnesota (I generally don't like to blame officiating as both games we could have won with effort/energy). 

That said, this happens with every team. NBA missed a few calls in the Chicago game that would have been in favor of the Bulls. And NBA ruled that Young traveled during that OKC game winner.  

• JGuez and lakerfan98 like this

#3 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,063 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 05, 2016 - 08:36 PM

Human beings aren't perfect.

Blaming the refs for losses is the first resort of the second rate.

Take care of business before the incidents and you don't have to rely on reffing to make or break your game.

#4 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted December 05, 2016 - 09:02 PM

I really dislike these 2 minute reports. They just seem like a petty thing for fans to fall back on when their team loses.

Wade even said it's stupid that they only do the last two minutes. There's are calls missed the entire game, what do we gain by doing this? Teams already send in their own personal reports to the league when they believe a ref messed up and the league reviews it, hopefully comprehensively.

#5 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted December 06, 2016 - 01:33 AM

Hope these odd 2 minute reports at least give the league reason to suspect CERTAIN refs at being worse at their job than others.

So only the best (even if theyre not the most senior) get the best regular season game matchups.

And for sure the playoffs.

Not sure what else they accomplish

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#6 dazz

dazz

• 1,204 posts

Posted December 06, 2016 - 12:34 PM

If they did the entire games there wouldn't be enough storage in the universe to log all the missed travelings in a single season

hsl17b.jpg

#7 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,581 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 06, 2016 - 01:08 PM

Officiating is bad. 

The only positive to the Lakers being bad is that I pay less attention to each game and thus I see fewer blown calls. 

Don't feed the trolls. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lakers, Grizzlies, Officiating, NBA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users