204 replies to this topic

#201 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,043 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted December 06, 2016 - 01:49 AM

Prefer Clarkson in starting lineup at this point. With maybe Huertas if D'lo still cant go.

Even with whats mentioned above.

Maybe he's a bit miffed at everyone and anybody starting over him.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#202 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 06, 2016 - 08:55 AM

No to Lin - no way, no how.  Been there wasted time on that.

I'd take him as a 6th man next to Lou Williams, in this offense.  I wouldn't take him as starting 1, but I'd take him as 6th man point guard, next to Lou Williams. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#203 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,711 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted December 07, 2016 - 12:03 AM

I don't feel Mozgov has been the anchor in the middle they need. He is not a long or short term fix to me whatsoever. Mozgov spends a good deal of his time on defense with his head on a swivel getting caught flat-footed in the paint. If you can find a way to deal him (good luck) in a package for a stopper (at any position), I'd be more than fine with it. I didn't like the signing from day one, and I haven't changed my mind on that.

The Deng money and the player is on the books for 3 more years. Another bad signing. I too, would hope that Ingram would be the starter far over Deng next year (heck it wouldn't shock me if it happens 3/4 through this year).

All of the junk being said, it's the defense that is killing this team (injuries as well, but even healthy their defense is the Achilles heel). Toughest part of the game to get down on this level too.

#204 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,711 posts

Posted December 07, 2016 - 12:03 AM

I don't feel Mozgov has been the anchor in the middle they need. He is not a long or short term fix to me whatsoever. Mozgov spends a good deal of his time on defense with his head on a swivel getting caught flat-footed in the paint. If you can find a way to deal him (good luck) in a package for a stopper (at any position), I'd be more than fine with it. I didn't like the signing from day one, and I haven't changed my mind on that.

The Deng money and the player is on the books for 3 more years. Another bad signing. I too, would hope that Ingram would be the starter far over Deng next year (heck it wouldn't shock me if it happens 3/4 through this year).

All of the junk being said, it's the defense that is killing this team (injuries as well, but even healthy their defense is the Achilles heel). Toughest part of the game to get down on this level too.

#205 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,711 posts

Posted December 07, 2016 - 12:08 AM

You must remember last season and we are not in position to attract top tier free agents yet. As most teams we overpaid to get anyone here, on paper Deng seemed solid but looks slow and ineffective, I disagree on Moz he has his limits but is far better than Hobert. Or D12 for that matter.with the current injury bug circling we ' lol be hard pressed to beat Houston. I may have to suit up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users