#182 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,057 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 05, 2016 - 09:57 PM

Your veiled post isn't so veiled Tensai.

Nice try.

Iv'e said nothing damaging here.  I share my opinion, you share yours.    The difference is I can share mine and listen to to others without insulting.  I suggest you learn the same technique.

Anyway, injuries are a pain in the butt.  Every team goes through the bug at some point, but when you're trying to learn how to play together or learn how to play at all, it hurts even more.

#183 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,301 posts

Posted December 05, 2016 - 09:58 PM

I think this team needs to get healthy it's that simple. Russell is a huge difference between the other guys we have. Nick young is another 15 points you're losing out on and his defense
  • ChichoGarcy likes this
Posted Image

#184 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,007 posts

Posted December 05, 2016 - 09:58 PM

Disappointing loss. If we had tweaked the starting lineup at half I think this would have been a different result.

Maybe not a win but certainly not the deficit we had to overcome because of it.

#185 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Rookie

• 940 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted December 05, 2016 - 10:00 PM

Lakers 3-7 in their last 10 games.

Hopefully they don't get blown the [expletive] out at Houston on Wednesday

The injury bug is killing us. We're playing a lot of ISO basket, and Lou's only human :(
  • fido likes this

#186 fido

fido

• 15,057 posts

Posted December 05, 2016 - 10:00 PM

Off-season need number one will be to deal for, or find a defensive anchor somewhere.

#187 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,715 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted December 05, 2016 - 10:02 PM

Hey if this keeps up Luke will have to play the loudest fan

#188 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,301 posts

Posted December 05, 2016 - 10:03 PM

Off-season need number one will be to deal for or find a defensive anchor somewhere.

Mosgov has been solid there and I don't see anyone worth dropping a huge sum for due to being a mild upgrade

I think they need to replace young. That's the main issue because clarkson is better suited on the bench and if you can bring back Lou and add someone very solid to replace young the lakers have made a huge leap

I expect Ingram over deng next year. Which means the bench will improve as well with deng down there
Posted Image

#189 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,715 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted December 05, 2016 - 10:03 PM

Meta not a starter and only should be in when we're leading by thirty
  • ChichoGarcy likes this

#190 fido

fido

• 15,057 posts

Posted December 05, 2016 - 10:06 PM

I don't feel Mozgov has been the anchor in the middle they need.  He is not a long or short term fix to me whatsoever.  Mozgov spends a good deal of his time on defense with his head on a swivel getting caught flat-footed in the paint.  If you can find a way to deal him (good luck) in a package for a stopper (at any position), I'd be more than fine with it.  I didn't like the signing from day one, and I haven't changed my mind on that.

The Deng money and the player is on the books for 3 more years.  Another bad signing.  I too, would hope that Ingram would be the starter far over Deng next year (heck it wouldn't shock me if it happens 3/4 through this year). 

All of the junk being said, it's the defense that is killing this team (injuries as well, but even healthy their defense is the Achilles heel).  Toughest part of the game to get down on this level too.

#191 ____

____

Superstar

• 7,483 posts

Posted December 05, 2016 - 10:11 PM

The injury bug is killing us. We're playing a lot of ISO basket, and Lou's only human :(

True. But these guys really need to wake up and step it up on defense more than offense, no matter who's missing. I would think that with all these players injured, the rest of the team would step it up, but....

Biggest difference in the game were the threes. Lakers made only 5 while the Jazz made 13, which I want to say were ALL wide open.

#192 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,172 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 05, 2016 - 10:14 PM

I've been really disappointed with Clarkson's play.  You'd think with Young and Russell out he'd assert himself more and be more aggressive on both ends.  In the last few games, he's gone practically unnoticed. 

• fido and ChichoGarcy like this

#193 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 05, 2016 - 10:20 PM

Tarik's apparently on crutches.  There's another one. 

T. Rob is gonna get minutes at backup 5 I'm hoping now. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#194 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted December 05, 2016 - 10:21 PM

I've been really disappointed with Clarkson's play.  You'd think with Young and Russell out he'd assert himself more and be more aggressive on both ends.  In the last few games, he's gone practically unnoticed. 

Let's trade him to Detroit for Stanley Johnson, KCP/Ish Smith and their 1st round pick :D  

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#195 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Rookie

• 940 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted December 05, 2016 - 10:28 PM

Me too

#196 fido

fido

• 15,057 posts

Posted December 05, 2016 - 10:30 PM

I agree about Clarkson.

If this continues, he's trade fodder.

• Majesty and ChichoGarcy like this

#197 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted December 05, 2016 - 10:39 PM

I agree about Clarkson.

If this continues, he's trade fodder.

Luke's already been on him about it. 

I've seen Luke tell Shaw "he doesn't get it" when Clarkson got the ball at the top of the shot clock, held it an entire possession and then attacked causing a turnover.  

Camera went to Luke and he said that to Shaw. 

I've seen Luke get upset at Clarkson for NOT looking for his teammates who are wide open in the corners when he goes to the basket and Ingram, or someone else is awaiting the pass from him drawing the defensive attention. 

Even against Memphis, Luke got on Clarkson, you could see him mouthing to him "You drew two, pass!" 

The most frustrating thing is Clarkson KNOWS what he's supposed to do and has shown himself more than capable of knowing how to attack/pass at the same time and make the right pass.  He just isn't cause he thinks he's better than he is and bought the hype that he thinks he's the next Westbrook.  

He can go be the next Westbrook on Brooklyn and we'll take Lin and Caris LeVert off their hands for him and he can go average 20 points while the team goes 3-17 on that 20 game stretch where he does it.   

OR ... 

He can be sent to Detroit for Stanley Johnson and KCP/Ish Smith and their 1st Round Pick and him and Reggie Jackson can play a game of "watch me not pass" 

OR ...

He can play the right way like Luke has told him constantly to do.     It's ultimately gonna be on him.  All the talent in the world means jack if you let your own head get in the way.  Ask Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel how that worked out for them. 

Someone put it perfectly elsewhere

saying something to the effect that, given how they've both played this year. 

Lou Williams is the real poor man's Monta Ellis 

but that Jordan Clarkson is a poor man's Lou Williams 

Edited by Majesty, December 05, 2016 - 10:43 PM.

#198 fido

fido

• 15,057 posts

Posted December 05, 2016 - 10:53 PM

No to Lin - no way, no how.  Been there wasted time on that.

#199 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted December 06, 2016 - 12:05 AM

lin would prob be best suited for this offense, ironically. 

• Majesty likes this

ap1.png

#200 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,172 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 06, 2016 - 12:12 AM

Clarkson was suppose to be our sure thing this year considering how much he improved in between seasons last year as well as all the work that he put in during the offseason.  Unfortunately it's been the opposite.  

He's playing like he just received a nice hefty contract.... in which he did.  He's become very predictable...

(1) Tunnel vision towards the hoop, finish at the rim with an acrobatic, off-balanced, out-of-control layup.

(2) Pulls up for a long 3 pointer, disrupting the flow of the offense.

(3) Dribble penetration towards the hoop, elevates, gets caught mid air, and tosses the ball away or makes a poor pass.

Lou Williams has become a better passer/playmaker than Clarkson.  That speaks volumes considering Clarkson is a much greater athlete and has better finishing ability.

Edited by LakeShow1o1, December 06, 2016 - 12:12 AM.

• Majesty and ChichoGarcy like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users