Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies - Saturday 12/3/16 5:00pm

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#221 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,198 posts

Posted December 03, 2016 - 07:40 PM

Combine Lou's offense and Ingram's defense, that would make one hell of a team. Sadly the game is not played by only 2 players.

fXlFKv8.gif

#222 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,778 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 03, 2016 - 07:40 PM

Russell's a big part of the offense, but he doesn't fix the issues we had tonight in terms of turnovers, lack of defense, and not boxing out in crucial moments of the game. 

#223 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,180 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 03, 2016 - 07:41 PM

A lot of ISO plays, and stupid hero balls, that is so true, but I don't know if that's going to change with D-Lo back.

It will change... removing a starting point guard from a basketball time is like taking your 1st string quarterback off the field...

• 43,799 posts

Posted December 03, 2016 - 07:42 PM

I don't care about Randle's missed free throws as much as his lackadaisical all-around play tonight and negative body language. I don't know if his injury is still bothering him.

Until we actually know otherwise, he hasn't earned that benefit of the doubt yet.
  • Clutch Factor likes this

yo.

#225 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,180 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 03, 2016 - 07:44 PM

Russell's a big part of the offense, but he doesn't fix the issues we had tonight in terms of turnovers, lack of defense, and not boxing out in crucial moments of the game. 

Agreed.  It's a tough schedule though which I guess can be an excuse in terms of lack of effort.  A depleted roster also plays a tole as well.

No Russell

No Nick

No Larry

While the Grizzlies obviously didn't have their main players either outside of Marc, this Laker team is likely drained from a 4 game in 5 days schedule.  Hopefully they come back stronger in the next one.  They just seemed out of it in this one and were lucky it was such a close game.

#226 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,778 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 03, 2016 - 07:44 PM

You would think yesterday's blowout would motivate the team. Hopefully the two losses motivate the team to at least win at home against the Jazz (again, a very important game). 

Unlikely though as Jazz have been blowing out teams with the exception of the close Miami loss. 

#227 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,198 posts

Posted December 03, 2016 - 07:46 PM

I'm not missing Russell all that much. Lou is carrying the offense. What I'm missing is Young. He is the only consistent 2-way player on the team, and came thru for us in a lot of those wins.

• kray28 likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#228 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,287 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted December 03, 2016 - 07:50 PM

We blew three chances.

Don't put this all on Randle.

He was out of rhythm. Hadn't taken a shot the entire 4th quarter.

Exactly. He shouldnt have taken that shot and shouldve given it to someone else.

#229 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,287 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted December 03, 2016 - 07:54 PM

For those blaming Randle... A handful of Star caliber players would have had difficulty hitting three in a row on the road in that situation...
On top of that, Randle hadn't taken many shots the entire 4th quarter.

Exacatly! so that play shouldve not happened in the first place. Thats stupid and selfish. Its not about hitting or missing the FT, its about the play that he did KNOWING that he is cold and out of snyc. Tried to play hero ball and came back to bite him big time.

#230 ____

____

Superstar

• 7,483 posts

Posted December 03, 2016 - 07:56 PM

Clarkson especially has been garbage on this trip. Shooting 32% from the field (21/63) and 12% from three, and countless seconds of dribbling leading to absolutely nothing. Even the post-game crew low key called him out for not passing lol

And the ball movement has been really crappy lately. Only 16 assists/game the last three games

Edited by ____, December 03, 2016 - 08:01 PM.

#231 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,081 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted December 04, 2016 - 03:36 AM

Might have seen Laker player (lou) high score this season.

I think this may have been our 1st (or maybe 2nd) loss within 5-6 points this season.

Give these guys a chance to grow. Still young.

I can feel at least 4 of our guys growing into all star/near all star caliber.

Just not this season or next

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#232 dazz

dazz

Rookie

• 1,166 posts
  • Fan Since:Mid 80's

Posted December 04, 2016 - 04:45 AM

Exacatly! so that play shouldve not happened in the first place. Thats stupid and selfish. Its not about hitting or missing the FT, its about the play that he did KNOWING that he is cold and out of snyc. Tried to play hero ball and came back to bite him big time.

Even if he had been having a monster game, that's just not his range. With guys like Lou, Clarkson or even Ingram, he should be looking to setting screens instead of shooting a contested 3

2lc8cvr.jpg

#233 dazz

dazz

Rookie

• 1,166 posts
  • Fan Since:Mid 80's

Posted December 04, 2016 - 04:50 AM

Randle had been arguing with the coaching staff and looked frustrated throughout the game. Yes, it's a tough road trip but I didn't see that from anyone else. I don't care if he thinks he's getting BS calls or whatever, he gets the praise he deserves when he plays well, but this was a terrible performance and he showed a terrible attitude

2lc8cvr.jpg

#234 M.X.M.

M.X.M.

@WeCarpeDiem

• 3,855 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted December 04, 2016 - 12:48 PM

Learning curve. Hate to say it.

IG: @WeCarpeDiem 

Twitter: @WeCarpeDiem