#1 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 2,963 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted November 29, 2016 - 10:46 AM

By woj:
Sources: Grizzlies guard Mike Conley suffered a transverse process fracture in the vertebrae. He will miss an indefinite period of time.

Wow.. hope he recovers fully

#2 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,412 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 29, 2016 - 11:10 AM

6-8 weeks. Just thinking of a fractured vertebrae makes me cringe.

In other news, the Lakers can capitalize on this injury by closing in on the 11-7 Grizzlies who are bound to drop a good amount of games, Conley was balling this year.

Edited by bigvee, November 29, 2016 - 11:13 AM.

#3 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

All-Star

• 5,917 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 29, 2016 - 11:40 AM

Hate to see a solid contributing player go down but this is great news for the Playoff Push considering the Grizzlies have been playing solid basketball as of late.

#4 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,836 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 01:30 PM

That's too bad, he was playing very well.

I'm a Mike Conley fan but like bigvee said this helps the Lakers since the Grizzlies have been on a tear lately.

#5 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,081 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 29, 2016 - 02:51 PM

Their offense goes from good with him on the floor to the least efficient in the NBA without him. That is a big loss for them, hopefully he recovers fully. 

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#6 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Sixth Man

• 4,102 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 29, 2016 - 04:57 PM

I heard they're looking into signing Kendall Marshall as a temp replacement

#7 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,760 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 29, 2016 - 05:01 PM

He was my #2 fantasy PG... Smh

2div

• 43,085 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 05:43 PM

Highest paid player in the history of the game goes down. That's definitely a huge loss. Shame; Memphis was really going somewhere.

yo.

#9 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 14,581 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 29, 2016 - 10:12 PM

Conley's a good guy, don't like seeing this happen to him.

The Grizzlies were/are going towards their typical second round exit.  They've done nothing to change their ways that get them to the same point year after year.

#10 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,021 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 29, 2016 - 11:01 PM

Didnt he also miss playoffs last year from injury to something.

Dude has some tough breaks...but that contract...

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Hockey stick growth curve for Randle, D'lo, Nance and Clarkson ASAP) 2. Miracle Trade (Lakers need a top 10 player...or maybe 2 to compete w bigboys) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Ingram and Zubac getting playing time and impacting games)

READY FOR SEASON!

• 43,085 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 11:21 PM

Not just those playoffs, but in general. Guy's got quite the injury prone track record. That only made that historic all time contract even more interesting to say the least.

yo.

#12 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,021 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 30, 2016 - 06:49 AM

Anyone wanna take a crack at which players so far are justifying contracts they just signed?

Off hand for the big money I'd say

Harden

RW

Demar

KD

Also a big let down this season is dirk missing so many games already.

Edited by kball, November 30, 2016 - 06:49 AM.

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Hockey stick growth curve for Randle, D'lo, Nance and Clarkson ASAP) 2. Miracle Trade (Lakers need a top 10 player...or maybe 2 to compete w bigboys) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Ingram and Zubac getting playing time and impacting games)

READY FOR SEASON!

#13 Biggums

Biggums

I Do Work

• 400 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:kobe / glen rice

Posted November 30, 2016 - 07:20 AM

Anyone wanna take a crack at which players so far are justifying contracts they just signed?

Off hand for the big money I'd say

Harden

RW

Demar

KD

Also a big let down this season is dirk missing so many games already.

dirk's pretty old. I hope he doesn't go the kobe route and this is how his last 2.5 yrs are

Posted Image
SPurs Suck

#14 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 2,979 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 30, 2016 - 10:33 AM

Conley's a good guy, don't like seeing this happen to him.

The Grizzlies were/are going towards their typical second round exit.  They've done nothing to change their ways that get them to the same point year after year.

Top tier players aren't coming to Memphis via free agency.  The only way the Grizzlies can "change their ways" is if they trade all their best players for draft picks and tank hard hoping to eventually land a generational player in the draft.  You could make that argument about half the teams in the league.  Well...we're not good enough to win a championship might as well have a fire sale and blow the whole thing up.  Real life comes into play like fans, ratings, selling tickets, making money, etc.  

How have the Grizzlies gotten in their own way specifically in your opinion?       

#15 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 14,581 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 30, 2016 - 03:22 PM

They've stuck with the same style team that gets them to the same point every year far too long.  A gamble here and there would've helped.  Anything but standing pat with what has gotten them stonewalled at the same point every season.

#16 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Superstar

• 7,822 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 30, 2016 - 11:03 PM

They've stuck with the same style team that gets them to the same point every year far too long.  A gamble here and there would've helped.  Anything but standing pat with what has gotten them stonewalled at the same point every season.

The Grizzlies has been a perennial 50-win team that could give teams problems in the playoffs and they've created a style (the Grit and Grind) which their fan base have liked. For a small-market team that haven't had the luxury of being able to lure big FAs and haven't had any financial flexibility i think making the playoffs, putting a very good (not great) product on the floor and hope they catch lightning in a bottle for one season (like Dallas did) might have been their goal.

I do agree that could have done a better job at getting that 3pt shooting wing they seem to have needed, but they did get Parsons this summer as well as a new coach that moved Zbo to the bench, and Marc to the 3pt line, which seems like a good idea.

Let's hope Conley comes back healthy soon.

• lakerfan98 likes this

#17 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,245 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 01, 2016 - 03:14 PM

Sometimes that all you need.  Relevancy.  I think some teams know unless they get lucky with a contender being injured or an elite superstar type wants to play there then that at least winning 50 games, being good, keeping the fans happy and providing a good product is good enough. 

Perpetual good but not great certainly beats perpetual trash a la Kings and pre CP3 Clippers

• lonlyamongus likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#18 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 15,668 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 01, 2016 - 11:56 PM

Imo instead of a good wing, they needed the model Pau/ Hubie Brown had.
Battier, Eddie Jones, Posey, M Miller around Pau.

If Memphis had those type of 3-d type guys around their big 3 they'd be a true contender.

Then again , other teams had better star players.

#19 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,760 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 02, 2016 - 09:03 AM

no nerve damage, great news. based on the 6-8 week projection, i'd say he'll be back sooner then later.

• lildvl10 likes this

2div

#20 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,245 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 02, 2016 - 02:03 PM

Ehh, that team got swept in the 1st round.  This current core has been in the WCF and consistently good. 

Imo instead of a good wing, they needed the model Pau/ Hubie Brown had.
Battier, Eddie Jones, Posey, M Miller around Pau.

If Memphis had those type of 3-d type guys around their big 3 they'd be a true contender.

Then again , other teams had better star players.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users