148 replies to this topic

#141 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,547 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 24, 2016 - 08:56 AM

Maybe the Warriors thought that if they beat us by enough points, they could "un-lose" the humiliating beatdown we laid on them (at full strength) in the first game? 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#142 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,778 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 24, 2016 - 09:26 AM

I didn't watch the game, but there's no excuse to lose by 43 points. I was looking at the play-by-play during the game, and we cut the deficit down to 22-28 late in the game if I recall correctly.

It was Ian Clark who went 7-8 overall from the field (5-5 from 3!) for 21 points and essentially outscoring every Laker player in 17 minutes. Most of those points were in the 4th quarter. 

That's inexcusable. Should have won that quarter. 

#143 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,717 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 24, 2016 - 10:51 AM

Whoa some of you are realizing what I've been saying we are not close to being there yet just an improvement over last seasons version. Hopefully after the reverse blowout our yoots won't get down on themselves. Saving grace is we're not at full strength. Need a true point guard move Dlo to the 2, Trade Deng, retire Metta, make a move to more youth err yoots GSW will be rolling for a few years build for their decline. Wisdom.Hoping for a sudden upward movement by multiple players simultaneously is folly. Happy Thanksgiving feed some homeless folks and it's getting cold out find some extra blankets Peace

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, November 24, 2016 - 10:54 AM.

#144 M.X.M.

M.X.M.

@WeCarpeDiem

• 3,855 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted November 24, 2016 - 12:07 PM

A lost/win turns this place upside by night and day. Haha we will be fine.

IG: @WeCarpeDiem 

Twitter: @WeCarpeDiem

#145 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Rookie

• 945 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 24, 2016 - 01:24 PM

They are an elite NBA team. They have a Big Four with Steph, Klay, KD and Green. We are a very young team plus Moz, Deng, Young and Lou. I'm enjoying this present, wasn't expecting a good start, and that's what this 8-8 is. Our D is awful and we don't know how to box out, but still, pretty good job by Luke and this young core that has no all-stars.

#146 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Rookie

• 945 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 24, 2016 - 01:26 PM

OMG we meet them again today :( I was thinking tomorrow, or Saturday. Life's unfair...

#147 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,275 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted November 24, 2016 - 01:37 PM

I didnt see the game last night.. but i heard the defense was soo bad??? SB NATION even talked about it (historically bad defensive performance)

Edited by lildvl10, November 24, 2016 - 01:40 PM.

#148 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,709 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 24, 2016 - 04:13 PM

I didnt see the game last night.. but i heard the defense was soo bad??? SB NATION even talked about it (historically bad defensive performance)

I think it was a little more like a very very good offense was on fire agaisnt a below average defense missing 2 of its best players on the 2nd game of a back to back. Its easy to just say bad defense but there is more to it than that. 

•     and lildvl10 like this

#149 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,275 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted November 24, 2016 - 04:15 PM

I think it was a little more like a very very good offense was on fire agaisnt a below average defense missing 2 of its best players on the 2nd game of a back to back. Its easy to just say bad defense but there is more to it than that.

Lets hope we do much better tomorrow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users