Los Angeles Lakers vs Chicago Bulls - Sunday 11/20/16 6:30pm

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#261 ____

____

Superstar

• 7,483 posts

Posted November 20, 2016 - 09:00 PM

Just no consistent effort whatsoever, especially on the defensive end. They get scorched by another opposing player in Butler with 40 on the night.

Lakers haven't held their opponent to under 20 points in a quarter in the last 3 games.

#262 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,794 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 20, 2016 - 09:02 PM

Really disappointed in Russell so far this season. 

•     likes this

#263 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,246 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 20, 2016 - 09:05 PM

Really disappointed in Russell so far this season. 

I'm dissappointed but I can't seem to pinpoint whether it's him choosing to play within the offense or just him lacking the aggression and scoring mentality.  When he looks to score and gets hot, he makes it look easy.  It seems like he's looking to facilitate more often than not while a player like Clarkson almost solely looks to score.

His game definitely needs more balance, hopefully it comes with time.

#264 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,794 posts

Posted November 20, 2016 - 09:11 PM

I'm dissappointed but I can't seem to pinpoint whether it's him choosing to play within the offense or just him lacking the aggression and scoring mentality.  When he looks to score and gets hot, he makes it look easy.  It seems like he's looking to facilitate more often than not while a player like Clarkson almost solely looks to score.

His game definitely needs more balance, hopefully it comes with time.

Yeah he's been struggling to find the balance between scoring/facilitating. But I'm fine with that. That's really something that will get better with time. 

It's those careless, nonchalant passes (and at times forced like to Mozgov at the halfcourt line) that are very frustrating. Also, he's far too reliant on the 3. Get in the post, attack the paint, or shoot those clean midrange shots to mix it up a bit. I'm positive Russell had the ability to cut that 5 point deficit down by utilizing those rather than just the 3. 

#265 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,281 posts

Posted November 20, 2016 - 09:12 PM

Russell seemed to prepare more for his hair than the game itself.

Will anyone point this out already? I don't care about a dude's fashion as long as he delivers on the court but Russell has been pretty inconsistent this season. Settling for 28ft jumpers is just waiting to be called lazy.

fXlFKv8.gif

#266 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted November 20, 2016 - 09:15 PM

Dangelo makes you feel like he's a year away from retirement.

I wonder if the coaching staff ever told him to attack the PnR. Tonight, he probably had one possession inside the arc.

•     likes this

#267 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,246 posts

Posted November 20, 2016 - 09:16 PM

Yeah he's been struggling to find the balance between scoring/facilitating. But I'm fine with that. That's really something that will get better with time. 

It's those careless, nonchalant passes (and at times forced like to Mozgov at the halfcourt line) that are very frustrating. Also, he's far too reliant on the 3. Get in the post, attack the paint, or shoot those clean midrange shots to mix it up a bit. I'm positive Russell had the ability to cut that 5 point deficit down by utilizing those rather than just the 3. 

Russell's hotspots and almost automatic areas are at the elbow/mid range areas.  For some reason, I just don't think Luke run's the pick and roll with him and Mozgov enough.  When Russell is in, it seems like the offense is more motion based.  When Lou is in, it's more screen and roll based with Nance and Black setting high picks early in the offense.  

I think Russell would be a much more efficient player off the high pick and roll similar to how Lou is being used, but we'll see what Luke does moving forward.

• Clutch Factor likes this

#268 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,794 posts

Posted November 20, 2016 - 09:19 PM

Russell's hotspots and almost automatic areas are at the elbow/mid range areas.  For some reason, I just don't think Luke run's the pick and roll with him and Mozgov enough.  When Russell is in, it seems like the offense is more motion based.  When Lou is in, it's more screen and roll based with Nance and Black setting high picks early in the offense.  

I think Russell would be a much more efficient player off the high pick and roll similar to how Lou is being used, but we'll see what Luke does moving forward.

Agreed. Tonight's game was just terrible from all fronts: energy, defense, shot selection, rebounding, turnovers, and coaching. Just have to forget it and move forward. 

#269 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,246 posts

Posted November 20, 2016 - 09:22 PM

Russell seemed to prepare more for his hair than the game itself.

Will anyone point this out already? I don't care about a dude's fashion as long as he delivers on the court but Russell has been pretty inconsistent this season. Settling for 28ft jumpers is just waiting to be called lazy.

He's a 20 year old living in Los Angeles where fashion and looks play a big part not just in marketability but your reputation and status as well... 

Who cares what his hair looks like... he's just not playing well, it's that simple...

Dangelo makes you feel like he's a year away from retirement.

I wonder if the coaching staff ever told him to attack the PnR. Tonight, he probably had one possession inside the arc.

His mentality is just night and day compared to what we've seen... There's no more killer instinct or aggression on both ends.

I really wanna know what the coaching staff has been asking of him because it almost seems as if everything in which he thrives under (mid range game, high pick and roll, and post ups) have rarely been utilized within the offense.

•     likes this

#270 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,246 posts

Posted November 20, 2016 - 09:26 PM

Agreed. Tonight's game was just terrible from all fronts: energy, defense, shot selection, rebounding, turnovers, and coaching. Just have to forget it and move forward. 

Yeah... today's game is really the only game all year in which it was just a lack off effort and desire... What hurt more is this Bulls team was coming off a back-to-back with Dwayne Wade out so I really wanted this one considering the very tough schedule ahead.

Oh well... this is what's expected out of a young team.  Failure to maintain consistency and failure to properly closeout games.  It will come with time.  I just hope to see some adjustments because although Luke has been doing a tremendous job and I accredit 90% of the teams success due to his impact, things like leaving the bench deep into the 4th quarter needs to change.  Our small ball lineups give a nice spark in between quarters, but they've also burried us far too many times in the 4th.

Edited by LakeShow1o1, November 20, 2016 - 09:26 PM.

#271 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 20, 2016 - 09:27 PM

[expletive]

• FranklinPeanuts and LakeShow1o1 like this

#272 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted November 20, 2016 - 09:33 PM

Im more in favor of having Lou subbing in for Deng and play alongside Russell.I was never been a fan of the pairing, whether it was last season or this preseason but the way Lou is playing and his ability to attack the paint, gives diversity to the starting lineup. I'd like to see Lou Russell and Young together, more.

Edited by Ventiquattro, November 20, 2016 - 09:33 PM.

#273 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,246 posts

Posted November 20, 2016 - 09:36 PM

Im more in favor of having Lou subbing in for Deng and play alongside Russell.I was never been a fan of the pairing, whether it was last season or this preseason but the way Lou is playing and his ability to attack the paint, gives diversity to the starting lineup. I'd like to see Lou Russell and Young together, more.

No... Lou is a key part to our bench spark and defensively speaking... that's like having 3 traffic cones out on the perimeter haha

#274 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted November 20, 2016 - 09:41 PM

No... Lou is a key part to our bench spark and defensively speaking... that's like having 3 traffic cones out on the perimeter haha

Im not advocating starting him but he should see more minutes with the starters.

Lou and Young have played well together on the floor if not mistaken.

• LakeShow1o1 likes this

#275 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,246 posts

Posted November 20, 2016 - 09:44 PM

Im not advocating starting him but he should see more minutes with the starters.

Lou and Young have played well together on the floor if not mistaken.

Oh okay... I thought you meant start my bad.

Lou,Young, and Russell should definitely see more minutes together I agree.  

#276 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,280 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 20, 2016 - 09:52 PM

I didnt watch the game but looking at the box score Deng aint giving us [expletive] on either end

• Jackson likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#277 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,246 posts

Posted November 20, 2016 - 11:44 PM

I didnt watch the game but looking at the box score Deng aint giving us [expletive] on either end

I'm for throwing Ingram into the fire at this point...

Deng on of off the bench would give us the same amount of productivity anyways.

#278 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,281 posts

Posted November 21, 2016 - 06:24 PM

Deng was the only one that could stay in front of Butler.

fXlFKv8.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users