Photo

Can the Lakers sneak into the playoffs ?

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#1 Mttn93

Mttn93

Rookie

• 171 posts
  • Name:Matthew
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,

Posted November 03, 2016 - 09:35 AM

Looking at the standings lakers are currently 9th place right now . The teams that are currently behind us are kings , pelicans , wolves , suns, mavericks , and nuggets . The 8th place is currently Portland . I really believe if we keep fighting and playing the way we are I do believe we can sneak into the playoffs . All the games have been very close and we been losing only in the fourth quarter . What's is it going to take to sneak into the playoffs please give us your thoughts . I really believe the way we been playing we're gonna be on pace to get into the play offs .

Next four games we play

Warriors - Lost but we may be able to steal a win warriors coming off an emotional b2b game . They have okc then they face us
Suns - w
Mavericks W
Kings W

Edited by Mttn93, November 03, 2016 - 09:39 AM.

#2 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,564 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 03, 2016 - 09:49 AM

still to early bro..

please close this thread

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#3 Mttn93

Mttn93

Rookie

• 171 posts

Posted November 03, 2016 - 10:03 AM

Close the thread of a valuable discussion don't come into the thread if you don't want to discuss . We can post game to game predictions on we will see how this thread will come alive by the end of the season

#4 Mttn93

Mttn93

Rookie

• 171 posts

Posted November 03, 2016 - 10:04 AM

Sorry I'm a die hard laker fan . Not just a Kobe fan big difference . There is a good discussion to be had here .

#5 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,029 posts

Posted November 03, 2016 - 10:14 AM

still to early bro..

please close this thread

Pretty hypocritical of you.....

• DeeZee, soldier4death and HQLLYWQQD like this

#6 Mttn93

Mttn93

Rookie

• 171 posts

Posted November 03, 2016 - 10:16 AM

He's a Kobe fan not a laker fan . You can tell the difference but back to discussions the lakers are capable of sneaking in . We lost three games that were all very close . I really believe if we fight against these teams we may be able to sneak a lot of wins from teams that are sleeping on us

Pretty hypocritical of you.....

#7 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,596 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 03, 2016 - 10:44 AM

still to early bro..

please close this thread

We all know you're gonna make the same thread in about a week
  • DeeZee, JGuez, Piston Honda and 3 others like this

#8 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,029 posts

Posted November 03, 2016 - 10:47 AM

To add to your discussion, I think we could do it because this team is better than what people thought but I would not bet on us. I just find it unlikely we'd be able to pull it off.

We're going to have a good amount of games like the Jazz and Pacers where we continue to fight but just cannot close. It comes with the youth.

At 2-3, we're on pace to win 33 games (though it's a small sample size and kind of a tough schedule). If we somehow win 38 I'd call that a massively successful season for us and we'd still miss the playoffs.

• lakerfan98 likes this

#9 wvlaker

wvlaker

Rookie

• 255 posts
  • Fan Since:8 years old

Posted November 03, 2016 - 11:07 AM

I'm thrilled with some of the fight I see in this team as well as general attitude. We're going to be a lot better, or at least a lot more fun to watch than the last couple seasons. Playoffs will be a stretch. I'm always looking at the schedule every year and figuring out how we can sneak in, and it's not impossible this year. But as pointed out in an earlier thread - we lack a closer. This is a team that can make almost every game competitive but when we're down 4 or 5 with 2 minutes to go things will get rocky. We may be able to sneak out a few with Clarkson, Russell, and maybe even Lou or Nick knocking down some go ahead buckets. But getting consecutive stops combined with baskets when we trail is something I'm afraid of. But let's give Luke and these young guns a chance and see what happens. 

hey 

#10 Mttn93

Mttn93

Rookie

• 171 posts

Posted November 03, 2016 - 11:19 AM

Yea I definitely believe everyone has a common goal and it's to win . If we keep up the unselfish play and we might see a three game win streak next week

#11 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,543 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 03, 2016 - 11:51 AM

I dont see it.

GS, SA, OKC, LAC, Utah, Mem, Hou and Portland are all significantly better than the Lakers and i dont see that changing any time soon.

However, we have looked pretty good so far and a lot of the other teams in the west look like crap.

• manaro90 likes this

#12 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 03, 2016 - 12:14 PM

I don't know about significantly better, but Houston, Utah, Memphis, and maybe Portland are all teams in which this young Laker squad can beat depending on various factors.

The playoffs will be very difficult, not just because the Lakers are in the Western Conference, but they also have one of the more difficult schedules in comparison to other teams.  As JGuez stated, there will be many games where this team claws and scratches but won't be able to pull out a win due to youth and inexperience.

Anything above 35+ wins this year will be a great accomplishment.

I don't know about significantly better, but Houston, Utah, Memphis, and maybe Portland are all teams in which this young Laker squad can beat depending on various factors.

The playoffs will be very difficult, not just because the Lakers are in the Western Conference, but they also have one of the more difficult schedules in comparison to other teams.  As JGuez stated, there will be many games where this team claws and scratches but won't be able to pull out a win due to youth and inexperience.

Anything above 35+ wins this year will be a great accomplishment.

#13 Mttn93

Mttn93

Rookie

• 171 posts

Posted November 03, 2016 - 12:19 PM

Houston falls out of playoffs if harden gets injured . Portland is so wing heavy and are built around lillard and McCollum.

#14 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 28,164 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 03, 2016 - 12:45 PM

Aim small, miss small. We probably won't make the playoffs this year but we should have it as a goal. If we can get close to a .500 record then that's an accomplishment. 

Also this thread is perfectly fine. We don't currently have a thread about a playoffs and how we are currently doing to make said playoffs. Please leave topic moderation up to mods. 

• DeeZee likes this

#15 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,596 posts

Posted November 03, 2016 - 12:48 PM

I just want us to hit 10 more wins than we did last year. every non-Laker media member chose us for the under on 25 wins. If we're 10 wins better than we were last year and continue to develop next year, not getting a draft pick won't be the end of the world. 

Missing out on the draft pick AND winning less than 25 games is the worst case scenario IMO.

#16 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,596 posts

Posted November 03, 2016 - 12:50 PM

Aim small, miss small. We probably won't make the playoffs this year but we should have it as a goal. If we can get close to a .500 record then that's an accomplishment. 

Also this thread is perfectly fine. We don't currently have a thread about a playoffs and how we are currently doing to make said playoffs. Please leave topic moderation up to mods. 

I'm not sure if it was posted anywhere on these forums, but before the season Russell said his goal this season was to get the team to the playoffs. I think that's a huge jump from saying something along the robotic lines of 'I just want to improve from last year and take it one game at a time' that you see from most youngsters. 

#17 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,035 posts

Posted November 03, 2016 - 12:51 PM

Can they? Yes.

Will they? No. 

#18 Mttn93

Mttn93

Rookie

• 171 posts

Posted November 03, 2016 - 01:22 PM

Let's start with tommorrow if lakers beat the warriors I believe we can have a 4 game win streak on the way . It's a long shot to beat the warriors tommorrow but I really believe gs will come out flat because they're gonna have an emotional game vs okc and Westbrook is gonna give them a run for their money

#19 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,574 posts

Posted November 03, 2016 - 01:47 PM

No.

Stretch: 9-11
Awesome: 12
Expected : 13

#20 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 484 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 03, 2016 - 02:00 PM

Yes.

Teams that have more talent than us in the West: Spurs, Warriors, OKC (Westbrook only), Blazers (Lillard only), Clippers (but not in a few seasons).

Laker fans: Want to set expectations low so they won't get hurt. Not being objective.

Edited by dbtbandit67, November 03, 2016 - 02:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users