Los Angeles Lakers vs Indiana Pacers - Tuesday 11/1/16 4:00pm

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#281 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,194 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:58 PM

Anyone with sensible basketball knowledge would agree that the Pacers team this year is much better than last years on paper.  Many viewed Teague as an upgrade over Hill and Turner has really come into his own as a starting 5.  

With the points and arguments you've provided today on various threads (not just this one)... I'd honestly have a better basketball discussion and debate with Stevie Wonder.

"On paper"

How did they lose to Nets, the team that were touted to have the worst roster in NBA, I wonder. Stevie Wonder.

fXlFKv8.gif

#282 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,117 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 01, 2016 - 07:02 PM

"On paper"

How did they lose to Nets, the team that were touted to have the worst roster in NBA, I wonder. Stevie Wonder.

The basketball gods weren't on their side that night... Superstitions. 

#283 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,897 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 01, 2016 - 07:03 PM

End of story, the issues this year so far are way easier to handle than last year.

Lakers could've netted Ws against Utah, Thunder and Pacers. I can only imagine what the team would look like same time next year, let alone post all star break.

Just a little patience...yeaaaah

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#284 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,194 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 07:03 PM

It's funny when a person calls me a boxscore guy, but goes on to judge teams based on how they look on paper. Gee, I wonder how Warriors lost to Spurs. They were supposed to go 82-0.

fXlFKv8.gif

#285 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,117 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 01, 2016 - 07:06 PM

It's funny when a person calls me a boxscore guy, but goes on to judge teams based on how they look on paper. Gee, I wonder how Warriors lost to Spurs. They were supposed to go 82-0.

You tried arguing that the Lakers should have beat the Pacers because a young Timberwolves team demolished the Grizzlies' 3rd string squad... please...

Hold the L

I've had enough of your nonsense for one day.

#286 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,194 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 07:09 PM

When a team goes from being 3rd best defensive team to 26th best defensive team in a matter of months, yes, yes I will argue that we should have beat them,

fXlFKv8.gif

#287 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,897 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 01, 2016 - 07:11 PM

OMG

relax. He did make you look a little foolish but just let it go now. We know you were mad about the loss and just needed to vent. We all look dumb sometimes. In the GDT emotions run wild, it's ok.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#288 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,761 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 01, 2016 - 07:14 PM

Losing is frustrating. But can't forget we've been playing Playoff teams on the road. As a young team, we're going to make myriad of mistakes.

Tensai, I think you're just emotional right now. Especially as you were one of the most optimistic about our youth and the team at one point. Take a break from the Lakers for a bit!

#289 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,520 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 07:18 PM

No excuse season.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#290 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,759 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted November 01, 2016 - 07:28 PM

EyMlHkX.jpg

#291 M.X.M.

M.X.M.

@WeCarpeDiem

• 3,855 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted November 01, 2016 - 07:56 PM

I enjoy reading the discussion.

IG: @WeCarpeDiem 

Twitter: @WeCarpeDiem

#292 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 258 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 01, 2016 - 08:23 PM

The game ultimately came down to the 2 ISO possessions George had on Russell.

This is a tough spot for Luke to be in. Russell may have taken up the challenge to get a chance to improve his defense, who, isn't only seen as soft defensively among Laker fans, but in the entire league. Paul George saw that help defense wasn't coming, smelled blood, and went in for the kill twice, on back-to-back possessions. In retrospect, it was the wrong strategy decision by Luke.

But long term, this is a tough spot for Luke to be in. The only way to get Russell to to take it upon himself to improve his perimeter defense is to give him the opportunity to prove himself in clutch situations. If Phil Jackson was coaching and D'Angelo was calling for that 1on1 matchup, Phil would have given it to him. Popovich and Pat Riley wouldn't have.

The results of the game were actually encouraging. The Lakers had superior talent and should have won. The plan is working. What's concerning is how disheartened everyone on the team looked after the loss, like they just lost Game 5 of a playoff series. 

We are 4 games in the season. It was a tough loss, so what. Get a nice dinner, get some rest, and get at it again tomorrow.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#293 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,026 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 02, 2016 - 06:19 AM

Putting Russell on Paul George in iso for 3 straight possessions was a suicide. The other Pacers players were off, Turner already had 5 fouls so his aggressiveness was limited. Why on earth would you not cover their BEST PLAYER - arguably Top 10 in NBA? If you don't know respect the man, he will punish you.

Add to the fact that the possession is going literally 3 meters away from Luke. After the first one, the proper adjustment should have been made. But Luke just watched it happen again, and again. The loss is on him. We could have won this one.

I see it a bit more strategic.

Lose the battle but hopefully win the long term war.

Hopefully teaches D'Lo that to win tight ballgames takes big plays on both sides of the ball. Plays that the lakers are expecting him to be able to make.

I didnt mind seeing that at all.

PG was fantastic those last 2 minutes. Lakers outscored 8-0

• Busty Bluth and Majesty like this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users