Photo

Los Angeles Lakers vs Indiana Pacers - Tuesday 11/1/16 4:00pm

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#261 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:24 PM

Agree that luke shouldve made an adjustment by puttimg ingram in and defend pg. but he's a rookie coach as well sonim sure he'll learn

Ingram wouldn't have done much better on George. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#262 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,181 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:25 PM

This "we are still a young team, we will get better" squad should just be quiet. Everybody and their mother know that. Minnesota is blowing out Memphis with LaVine going off for 30 points. Are we supposed to win games that don't matter this year too? How about playing with 120% effort for once and be in the game? Pacers were at their most vulnerable state, and we couldn't take advantage of it after coming off a 4th Q collapse against Thunder. And Jazz too for that matter. At some point this team HAS TO win. Tomorrow against Hawks, and later Warriors at home. Urgency is real.

The Timberwolves haven't won a single game... this will be their first...

What is their to be urgent about??? This team isn't making the playoffs my friend.  It's about making small and gradual steps forward... In a previous thread you demanded others to change there expectations... I think it's evident that you're the one struggling to understand how this rebuilding process will work.

• Busty Bluth and Majesty like this

#263 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:26 PM

Agree that luke shouldve made an adjustment by puttimg ingram in and defend pg. but he's a rookie coach as well sonim sure he'll learn

I mean Im sure Luke is aware of that. He shouldnt be a coach if he's not aware of such choice.

#264 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:28 PM

This "we are still a young team, we will get better" squad should just be quiet. Everybody and their mother know that. Minnesota is blowing out Memphis with LaVine going off for 30 points. Are we supposed to win games that don't matter this year too? How about playing with 120% effort for once and be in the game? Pacers were at their most vulnerable state, and we couldn't take advantage of it after coming off a 4th Q collapse against Thunder. And Jazz too for that matter. At some point this team HAS TO win. Tomorrow against Hawks, and later Warriors at home. Urgency is real.

So what if theyre up 30?

they're 1-2 and lost to Sacramento last game.

#265 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,181 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:29 PM

That was good defense on PG guys... I'm still confused as to why people think someone else should have been guarding him as if it would have made a difference... Maybe double teaming him rather than single coverage, but that would have shifted the defense. 

The only way you prevent a player like Paul George from scoring there is by cutting off one of his limbs...

#266 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,181 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:31 PM

So what if theyre up 30?

Tensai is a box score guy...

He probably doesn't even realize Mike Conley and Marc Gasol are both sitting out...

#267 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:34 PM

The Timberwolves haven't won a single game... this will be their first...

What is their to be urgent about??? This team isn't making the playoffs my friend.  It's about making small and gradual steps forward... In a previous thread you demanded others to change there expectations... I think it's evident that you're the one struggling to understand how this rebuilding process will work.

Same guy who predicted the Lakers will win north of 41 games this season and called Russell a star in the preseason after he thought he was a bust in summer league.

Some people just have 82 opinions on the same issue throughout the NBA season.

Edited by Ventiquattro, November 01, 2016 - 06:34 PM.

• LakeShow1o1 likes this

#268 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,198 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:34 PM

That is the whole [expletive]ing point. Minnesota is taking advantage of Memphis' shallow squad, and winning the game. Were we able to do it today? Pacers lost Mahinmi, Hill and they idiotically sacked their coach, and are like a fish out of bowl. This was the most winnable time against them especially when they were 1-2 like us.

"Box score guy"

you are funny dude.

fXlFKv8.gif

#269 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,181 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:35 PM

Here are the minute leaders for the Memphis Grizzlies in today's game against the Timberwolves

31 Minutes - Andrew Harrison

29 Minutes - Troy Williams

26 Minutes - Jarrell Martin

26 Minutes - Jamychal Greeen

26 Minutes - Deytona Davis

23 Minutes - Wade Baldwin

20 Minutes - James Ennis

You've probably never heard from a single one of those guys outside of a very mediocre (D-League potential) point guard from Kentucky in Andrew Harrison
The fact that the Timerbwolves aren't up by 50+ points is a surprise when they're essentially playing scrubs...

• Busty Bluth, Majesty, PurpleNgoldBanners and 1 other like this

#270 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,540 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:36 PM

Minnesota is two years ahead of the process.
LaVine wasn't injured like Randle.
Towns is the best rookie big/ sophomore since Duncan.
Wiggins was 1st pick prior to that.
Die good more developed than Nance, etc

#271 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,287 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:37 PM

Ingram wouldn't have done much better on George.

Theres this one play that he made it harder for george to score and he eventually missed. Id rather have him guard george than russell in that critical moment, so i think he couldve done much better. Not saying hes gonna stop but much better than russell when they switched

#272 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,181 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:38 PM

That is the whole [expletive]ing point. Minnesota is taking advantage of Memphis' shallow squad, and winning the game. Were we able to do it today? Pacers lost Mahinmi, Hill and they idiotically sacked their coach, and are like a fish out of bowl. This was the most winnable time against them especially when they were 1-2 like us.

"Box score guy"

you are funny dude.

Anyone with sensible basketball knowledge would agree that the Pacers team this year is much better than last years on paper.  Many viewed Teague as an upgrade over Hill and Turner has really come into his own as a starting 5.  

With the points and arguments you've provided today on various threads (not just this one)... I'd honestly have a better basketball discussion and debate with Stevie Wonder.

#273 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,287 posts

I mean Im sure Luke is aware of that. He shouldnt be a coach if he's not aware of such choice.

then he made a mistake, which i said earlier he will learn from it since he's a rookie too

#274 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,326 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Scream for help? What are you talking about man, that's not how basketball works. Luke had a game plan (to switch everything) and they performed. Paul George is just extremely good on the ISO mid range. Luke and co believe it's better to have him take a tough shot than leave a 3 point shooter wide open.

Why did it take PG hitting multiple jumpers on Russell before they sent a double team then?

#275 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:40 PM

Why did it take PG hitting multiple jumpers on Russell before they sent a double team then?

You dont double team at the end of the game, especially that PG wasnt deep in the paint.

#276 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,287 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:41 PM

Moz will try and play but probably get held out, smart medically. D12 gonna try and have a high lite game, keep putting him on the line and run run run.

It looks like by tom his left eye will be closed. Just saw his interview and looked like he got knocked out. I think No go for him tom.

#277 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,941 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:43 PM

So what if theyre up 30?

Tensai is a box score guy...

He probably doesn't even realize Mike Conley and Marc Gasol are both sitting out...

Nice try dude, stats never lie.
  • LakeShow1o1 likes this

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#278 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,423 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:43 PM

I'm not saying we should not get mad for the Lakers losing the last three games but just look at the teams they have faced in those games ON THE ROAD:

@Utah - currently beating the Spurs right now AT San Antonio

@OKC - 3rd best team in the West

@IND - a playoff team in the East

So, I have a question for you guys: How many of those games were you seriously thinking they will win those games? I thought they will only win 1 game out of those three road games. But at the same time, I would not be surprised if they 0-3 (0-4 after tomorrow).

This is a young team so I don't expect them to beat potential playoff teams on the road this early of the season or throughout the season. It's frustrating but it is the cold reality.

The one thing I want to be improve game by game is their defense. If they can improve the defense, then they will start winning these road games. If not, then we will see these types of results more often than not.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#279 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,941 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:48 PM

Mozgov will be good mentoring from the bench.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#280 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:53 PM

End of story, the issues this year so far are way easier to handle than last year.

Lakers could've netted Ws against Utah, Thunder and Pacers. I can only imagine what the team would look like same time next year, let alone post all star break.

Edited by Ventiquattro, November 01, 2016 - 06:54 PM.

• The Big Fish, PurpleNgoldBanners and kball like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users