Los Angeles Lakers vs Indiana Pacers - Tuesday 11/1/16 4:00pm

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#241 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:01 PM

What I want to really see at this point...

Starting Lineup

Point Guard: Brandon Ingram

Shooting Guard: D'Angelo Russell

Small Forward: Nick Young

Power Forward: Julius Randle

Center: Mozgov

Of course the defensive matchups would be different but I want to see how Ingram looks as a playmaker and Russell looks when his play is more emphasized upon scoring.  Clarkson isn't in the starting 5 because he's our spark plug off the bench.

What ? Starting PG Ingram ?

Nah man. WAY NO.

#242 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,792 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:01 PM

Something's up. Let's see tomorrow. Tough back to back then Warriors on Friday welcome to the NBA🏀

#243 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,282 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:03 PM

Putting Russell on Paul George in iso for 3 straight possessions was a suicide. The other Pacers players were off, Turner already had 5 fouls so his aggressiveness was limited. Why on earth would you not cover their BEST PLAYER - arguably Top 10 in NBA? If you don't know respect the man, he will punish you.

Add to the fact that the possession is going literally 3 meters away from Luke. After the first one, the proper adjustment should have been made. But Luke just watched it happen again, and again. The loss is on him. We could have won this one.

• lildvl10 and ChichoGarcy like this

fXlFKv8.gif

#244 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,449 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:03 PM

Probably would have been best to bench Russell for Ingram or Deng to guard George. And maybe hit an open shot.

I said bench lou earlier for ingram but i agree, russell for ingram wouldve been much better

#245 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,449 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:04 PM

Probably another loss tom, dont think mozgov will play since he cant even see on his left eye

#246 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,794 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:04 PM

I think Luke want him to be a distributor first and a scorer second.

Luke's told Russell to just read the defense and go from there.

Russell has missed some very open shots though. And it's not like he's being guarded by Kawhi Leonard or anything. 

#247 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,248 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:05 PM

What ? Starting PG Ingram ?

Nah man. WAY NO.

Its definitely a stretch but I think he's comfortable at the 1 position and he's also significantly more assertive when playing the point.  I also feel like Deng has been the most underwhelming players thus far, so giving Ingram a chance to start may change things.  It's a small sample size but his production (Deng) on both ends has just been lacking.

#248 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:06 PM

Russell would have an easier time this year if he was an elite ball handler. I don't even see him on that path, which I think he needs to take his game to the next level. 

#249 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,794 posts

I said bench lou earlier for ingram but i agree, russell for ingram wouldve been much better

I normally would have agreed with that but Lou was pivotal in getting us the lead late. Not just his made shots but some really nice passes for open Randle and Nance dunks as well. 

• lildvl10 likes this

#250 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,673 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

PG vs Lou Williams at the end of the game.

We aren't beating too many teams with Top 15 players

#251 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,449 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:07 PM

Putting Russell on Paul George in iso for 3 straight possessions was a suicide. The other Pacers players were off, Turner already had 5 fouls so his aggressiveness was limited. Why on earth would you not cover their BEST PLAYER - arguably Top 10 in NBA? If you don't know respect the man, he will punish you.

Add to the fact that the possession is going literally 3 meters away from Luke. After the first one, the proper adjustment should have been made. But Luke just watched it happen again, and again. The loss is on him. We could have won this one.

Agree that luke shouldve made an adjustment by puttimg ingram in and defend pg. but he's a rookie coach as well sonim sure he'll learn

#252 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,792 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:08 PM

Moz will try and play but probably get held out, smart medically. D12 gonna try and have a high lite game, keep putting him on the line and run run run.

#253 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,248 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:08 PM

Luke's told Russell to just read the defense and go from there.

Russell has missed some very open shots though. And it's not like he's being guarded by Kawhi Leonard or anything. 

He's just seemed very quiet.  In the preseason and Summer league he'd have strings of scoring outbursts and back to back buckets on numerous occasions but for some reason, he just can't seem to find a rhythm thus far.  

Alot of it has to do with assertiveness and being aggressive.  However, when watching him play I feel like he is more concerned with making the right pass, than score.  I would rather prefer the latter but who knows, I may be wrong and he may just be completely off his game at the moment.

• Clutch Factor likes this

#254 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,792 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:11 PM

Hey Luke's learning this team too so far I like this team better than the BScott version
It's going to take twenty games to get a feel, team play and who's clutch down the last q.

#255 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,248 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:12 PM

I just want to see less Deng, more Ingram.  They're probably trying to slowly integrate him into the lineup which make sense but as a fan, I just want him thrown into the fire haha

#256 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:15 PM

Its definitely a stretch but I think he's comfortable at the 1 position and he's also significantly more assertive when playing the point.  I also feel like Deng has been the most underwhelming players thus far, so giving Ingram a chance to start may change things.  It's a small sample size but his production (Deng) on both ends has just been lacking.

You see him comfortable because he has the ball in his hands. That doesnt mean he can be a permanent point guard. Its just impressive because most of us probably didnt know he can handle the rock. That is in relative terms.

If I had the time, I would've posted the videos where he didnt make the right reads whether as a primary ball handler or secondary. His passes are all perimeter outlets. 1) he's a rookie 2) he's not a PG naturally( was he ever the pg at any point of his life?)

Lakers can benefit from his playmaking ability playing the 3 more than him playing the 1, thats for sure.

If lou can play like this consistently, he's way better suited to play the 1(hypothetically speaking). Russell would be one of the biggest beneficiaries. 

#257 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,764 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:19 PM

lol Ok..

After that disastrous possession where he played hot potato with the ball and refused to set up a proper play....he should have sat the [expletive] down. This isn't even about missing shots...which is disappointing enough, this is about refusing to take charge and lead the [expletive]ing team.

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#258 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,248 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:21 PM

You see him comfortable because he has the ball in his hands. That doesnt mean he can be a permanent point guard. Its just impressive because most of us probably didnt know he can handle the rock. That is in relative terms.

If I had the time, I would've posted the videos where he didnt make the right reads whether as a primary ball handler or secondary. His passes are all perimeter outlets. 1) he's a rookie 2) he's not a PG naturally( was he ever the pg at any point of his life?)

Lakers can benefit from his playmaking ability playing the 3 more than him playing the 1, thats for sure.

If lou can play like this consistently, he's way better suited to play the 1(hypothetically speaking). Russell would be one of the biggest beneficiaries. 

He was a starting point guard in high school and at Duke he was the primary ball handler, I believe that's what coach K said.

I think he's capable of being Greek Freak like playing the point and distributing but we'll have to wait and see.  Only 4 games into the regular season you're right, to early for him to start, especially at the 1 spot.

#259 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,282 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:21 PM

This "we are still a young team, we will get better" squad should just be quiet. Everybody and their mother know that. Minnesota is blowing out Memphis with LaVine going off for 30 points. Are we supposed to win games that don't matter this year too? How about playing with 120% effort for once and be in the game? Pacers were at their most vulnerable state, and we couldn't take advantage of it after coming off a 4th Q collapse against Thunder. And Jazz too for that matter. At some point this team HAS TO win. Tomorrow against Hawks, and later Warriors at home. Urgency is real.

• M.X.M. likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#260 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,248 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:23 PM

After that disastrous possession where he played hot potato with the ball and refused to set up a proper play....he should have sat the [expletive] down. This isn't even about missing shots...which is disappointing enough, this is about refusing to take charge and lead the [expletive]ing team.

You've clearly grown way to use to accustomed to watching Kobe play... Not all teams and play styles are centered upon individual/isolation plays down the stretch...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users