#221 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,898 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 01, 2016 - 05:46 PM

Scream for help? What are you talking about man, that's not how basketball works. Luke had a game plan (to switch everything) and they performed. Paul George is just extremely good on the ISO mid range. Luke and co believe it's better to have him take a tough shot than leave a 3 point shooter wide open. 

Some people don't understand basketball... Someone even suggested Russell taking a charge on one of possession against PG13 haha

• Jody Smokes likes this

#222 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,596 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 01, 2016 - 05:46 PM

Gotta love PG 13 man...

As bigvee stated... this is how opposing fans felt when Kobe would hit the mot impossible string of shots late in games to get the W.  Don't understand why people are complaining about bad defense when it was simply great offense (down the stretch by PG).  The defense overall as a team was ehhh though haha

I'm not defending our defense by any means. I just don't get how you can get on Russell's case for the last couple possessions. However, we still gave up 115 points to the Pacers, which should never happen. 

• LakeShow1o1 likes this

#223 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,857 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 01, 2016 - 05:47 PM

Then you scream for help on a double. In no way shape or form do you leave Russell on PG for multiple possessions.

this, i understand how switching works, but that's their best player...you can't leave him alone on him like that on multiple possessions

just my opinion

Posted Image

#224 Toe Sucker

Toe Sucker

I suck my own toes.

• 11,799 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 05:48 PM

Russell has been underwhelming, so I would have made that substitution. 

Plus he's a snitch.

• Busty Bluth likes this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#225 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,898 posts

I'm not defending our defense by any means. I just don't get how you can get on Russell's case for the last couple possessions. However, we still gave up 115 points to the Pacers, which should never happen. 

Yeah I'm right there with you man.  By no means was our defense good, but Russell and Clarksons defense down the stretch against George was SUPERB, there's not much more you can ask for in terms of one-on-one coverage.  PG13 just got ice in his veins.

#226 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Idk if anyone was watching the pacers broadcast but in one of the closing timeouts Nate was heard saying something like "whoever has Russell on him attack"

#227 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,061 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted November 01, 2016 - 05:51 PM

Russell should've just stayed on the bench, and Randle is just a mental midget.

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#228 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,898 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 05:51 PM

I watched the whole game... the Lakers played well, they just failed to make open shots and capitalize on easy opportunities.  The defense wasn't bad, there was just to much fouling going on in the first half that dug them into a hole.

As for the Pacers.  Turner on the court and Turner off the court is night and day.  Al Jeff gotta go

Edited by LakeShow1o1, November 01, 2016 - 05:52 PM.

#229 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,898 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 05:52 PM

So that Lou Williams would be on the court and guarding Paul George?

#230 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,574 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 05:54 PM

Lakers dont deserve this game. Cant ask more than that. They had enough chances. Pacers had multiple stretches where they couldnt make any shot. Gotta capitalize on that. Indeed, where's a closure when you need one. Anyway, I applaud the team overall for the effort, with more games and practices, they can take advantage of the opponents misses and make runs..

I dont why not get Young in to defend PG. Sure this same lineup kept it close but at the end of the game, you can always make subs since you're gonna take TO anyway. I dont get what Luke was thinking, but Im sure he has a reason for it.

I think Russell did ok on defense and made nice plays for his teammates. As time passes by, I realize he's better suited as a 2 than 1.

Edited by Ventiquattro, November 01, 2016 - 05:55 PM.

#231 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,351 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Three straight games that we've been in and simply couldn't execute down the stretch. Hopefully sooner than later we'll start learning how to. 

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#232 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,574 posts

lol Ok..

#233 DeeZee

DeeZee

Starter

• 4,734 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe. Shaq.

Posted November 01, 2016 - 05:55 PM

So many chances, so many bad possessions

#234 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,012 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 05:55 PM

I'm not worried about Russell's defense (his defense on PG13 was solid during those closing minutes. Team should have communicated better, but I don't think anyone was stopping PG13 to be honest). 

It's his offense and playmaking that have been disappointing so far. As the supposed leader of the team, you'd expect more. Still early though -- it's going to be a long season, folks. 

#235 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,596 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 01, 2016 - 05:56 PM

Let's see if Luke takes any of the blame for lineups and not doubling on PG. Byron would've blamed the younger guys for not having the heart. Luke has to think that he was a couple adjustments away from winning this. 

#236 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,987 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Satisfied that team knows they're close, first time roadie for Ingram. Not expecting much more than this til somebody imitates Kobe for a few plays. Get that scowl, refuse to lose attitute

#237 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,898 posts

Lakers dont deserve this game. Cant ask more than that. They had enough chances. Pacers had multiple stretches where they couldnt make any shot. Gotta capitalize on that. Indeed, where's a closure when you need one. Anyway, I applaud the team overall for the effort, with more games and practices, they can take advantage of the opponents misses and make runs..

I dont why not get Young in to defend PG. Sure this same lineup kept it close but at the end of the game, you can always make subs since you're gonna take TO anyway. I dont get what Luke was thinking, but Im sure he has a reason for it.

I think Russell did ok on defense and made nice plays for his teammates. As time passes by, I realize he's better suited as a 2 than 1.

Nick sat for a majority of the 4th which was interesting.

#238 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,898 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 05:58 PM

I'm not worried about Russell's defense (his defense on PG13 was solid during those closing minutes. Team should have communicated better, but I don't think anyone was stopping PG13 to be honest). 

It's his offense and playmaking that have been disappointing so far. As the supposed leader of the team, you'd expect more. Still early though -- it's going to be a long season, folks. 

He seems to be in a slump no question.

I'm surprised there has been very minimal use of the Harden-esque, pick-and-pop move.  That's his bread and butter but I think Luke want him to be a distributor first and a scorer second.

#239 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,898 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 05:59 PM

What I want to really see at this point...

Starting Lineup

Point Guard: Brandon Ingram

Shooting Guard: D'Angelo Russell

Small Forward: Nick Young

Power Forward: Julius Randle

Center: Mozgov

Of course the defensive matchups would be different but I want to see how Ingram looks as a playmaker and Russell looks when his play is more emphasized upon scoring.  Clarkson isn't in the starting 5 because he's our spark plug off the bench.

#240 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,574 posts

Posted November 01, 2016 - 06:00 PM

He seems to be in a slump no question.

I'm surprised there has been very minimal use of the Harden-esque, pick-and-pop move.  That's his bread and butter but I think Luke want him to be a distributor first and a scorer second.

Actually I think Luke wants him to read and react more than anything.

He's able to make the right read most of the time. He just need to be more aggressive and not be afraid to commit turnovers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users