233 replies to this topic

#221 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,326 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 30, 2016 - 05:32 PM

I'm pissed at the fact Deng literally had 0 points in 22 mins. That's some Hibbert [expletive]
  • FranklinPeanuts likes this

#222 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,938 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted October 30, 2016 - 05:35 PM

I'm pissed at the fact Deng literally had 0 points in 22 mins. That's some Hibbert [expletive]

How many years did we sign him for?
  • lildvl10 likes this

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#223 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,778 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 30, 2016 - 05:37 PM

How many years did we sign him for?

4 years...don't remind us. 

I hope his play last year (especially the Playoffs) wasn't because it was contract year...

#224 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted October 30, 2016 - 05:38 PM

Chill.. 

He was off and all of his shots except one was beyond the arc. He had a bad game, so is the rest of the team.

#225 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted October 30, 2016 - 05:39 PM

4 years...don't remind us. 

I hope his play last year (especially the Playoffs) wasn't because it was contract year...

His success came when he played the 4 as a primary position. Not the case here although he's playing the 4 late in games.

I just think he's rusty probably for not playing much in the preseason..

Time will tell.

#226 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,423 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 30, 2016 - 05:49 PM

While it is frustrating that the Lakers are missing easy shots right now, it is still a improvement from the couple of years. If Scott was still coaching this team, the Lakers would not even be close in these past two games. Also, you could tell that their demeanor is a lot different than the last couple of years. Once they go down, they don't put down their head and give up. They buckled up and play harder on both ends of the floor. That's why you will see them comeback from a huge deficit and only to be beaten in the end.

It is a learning process from the all the sides involve with the team. Besides, you don't really expect the Lakers to beat potential playoff teams on the road, correct? They have a greater chance of beating a playoff team at home than on the road.

• MaceWindu likes this

#227 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,287 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted October 30, 2016 - 06:18 PM

His success came when he played the 4 as a primary position. Not the case here although he's playing the 4 late in games.

I just think he's rusty probably for not playing much in the preseason..

Time will tell.

I agree with the rust and To be fair to deng, he doesnt get a lot of touches as well

#228 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,198 posts

Posted October 30, 2016 - 06:28 PM

We made a tremendous job cutting the deficit to 4. After that had Thunder taken a timeout, we would have been much more organized. But they didn't. And Westbrook happened. It goes on to show how much a superstar makes difference.

Tough loss. We didn't deserve to get blown out. But defensively we are not there yet. Harden, Hill, Westbrook were able to penetrate the paint way too easily in first 3 games. We need to do a better job.

fXlFKv8.gif

#229 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,423 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 30, 2016 - 06:49 PM

I think the defense will be a working progress all season long. Part of it is because of Luke trying to implementing defensive schemes for this team. However, the biggest reason it will be struggle is because of the personnel of this team. Nobody in this team other than Ingram is a good defender, so we will see a lot of penetration by guards and we will see a lot of easy dunks/layups from the opposing teams. The only thing I hope for this team defensively is they become more discipline and hopefully Luke will create defensive schemes that will help the team.

#230 M.X.M.

M.X.M.

@WeCarpeDiem

• 3,855 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted October 30, 2016 - 08:04 PM

I see a lot of improvement we can make through out the season. Time will tell.

IG: @WeCarpeDiem 

Twitter: @WeCarpeDiem

#231 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,616 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 30, 2016 - 09:25 PM

I'm not too concerned. We made plenty of mistakes but we battled. Defenitely see the improvement versus last few seasons.

#232 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 261 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted October 30, 2016 - 09:26 PM

Westbrook is [expletive]ing nasty

He is the early lead for MVP by far

The score is a bit misleading. We were right in there with them. With about 4 minutes and something left D'angelo turned it over trying to pass it to a rolling Randle, Westbrook I swear is the fastest player in the NBA right now and dunks it home with no one even close to him, and that kinda sealed the game. The Lakers kinda checked out at that point.

It's all good. We shouldn't have lost to Utah really, that was a fluke. It was our road game and their season opener at home, the were artificially fired up. If you are a betting man, I'd take the Lakers over Indiana if you're offered positive odds.

Edited by dbtbandit67, October 30, 2016 - 09:26 PM.

#233 marco

marco

Rookie

• 51 posts
  • Name:Marco
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 30, 2016 - 10:29 PM

Though we lost the last 2 games, i'm not nearly as upset compare to a few people here. This team's worse game is still better than our last year team. I still see flashes and potential as well as a lot of improvement taking place during this small sample. Keep in mind that this is a pretty tough schedule and this is a young team that are still learning how to play together and build chemistry. We have to be patient and give them time. Also, young team tend to rely on home crowd to build up their confidence and energy. As long as i can see progress through out the season, i'll be happy.

Edited by marco, October 30, 2016 - 10:31 PM.

#234 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,081 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 31, 2016 - 05:00 AM

Damn treat watching RW play.

Dude has superhero skill when he takes to the air.

Like Rocky trying to catch that chicken. Wow

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users