#61 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,063 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 28, 2016 - 08:25 PM

Probably Wilt in the 60's v RW now.

That comparo would be closer to all around dominance. 

Don't think they kept blocks way back then, but i'd guess Wilt may have had 5-8 a game

To go w 40+ pts and 20+ rebounds for a few seasons iirc

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#62 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,197 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 01:58 AM

fXlFKv8.gif

#63 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,566 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 29, 2016 - 08:01 AM

The crazy part not being talked about is that Westbrook is only playing 35 minutes a game. That blows my mind.

#64 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,063 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 12:43 PM

The crazy part not being talked about is that Westbrook is only playing 35 minutes a game. That blows my mind.

Think i heard he's averaging only 1 minute more a game than in past few seasons.

Unreal.

Literally balling better than kobe in any single season of kobe's career. 

Again...unreal

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#65 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted November 29, 2016 - 01:19 PM

Think i heard he's averaging only 1 minute more a game than in past few seasons.
Unreal.
Literally balling better than kobe in any single season of kobe's career.
Again...unreal

lol he's played 19 games, I'm sure you'd be very surprised at some of the great 19 game stretches the GOATs have orchestrated. I don't think he'll sustain a 30 point triple double for a season tho, then we'd have to have the discussion of greatest season ever.

#66 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,848 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 29, 2016 - 01:19 PM

dude is playing like somebody pissed in his breakfast

• Navidballack likes this

#67 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,566 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 01:23 PM

dude is playing like somebody pissed in his cereal 

FTFY

lol he's played 19 games, I'm sure you'd be very surprised at some of the great 19 game stretches the GOATs have orchestrated. I don't think he'll sustain a 30 point triple double for a season tho, then we'd have to have the discussion of greatest season ever.

About a quarter of the season is a good amount of time. No one's done it before. If you look into his advanced stats you'll see that he does much of his scoring late in the game and usually has a triple double early in the 3rd quarter which is why the triple double portion seems sustainable. Whether teams let him continue scoring 30+ or force others to get involved is a different story. 

#68 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 01:48 PM

Yeah still, I was responding to the comparison of 19 games to an entire season. I honestly think this kind of load is unsustainable especially with his kind of play. He may be playing 35 minutes but the amount of responsibilities he has during those minutes is equivalent to playing 40+ minutes easily. Dude probably has the highest usage rate ever if he sustains this and he's averaging an absurd 5.5 turnovers per game.

The fact that he's survived 19 games without a drop-off and his team at 10-8 is miraculous

Edited by stillshining, November 29, 2016 - 01:50 PM.

#69 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,063 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 01:52 PM

I've seen kobe on some of his tears and they were unbelievable. Like those clump of games he was going for 40+ over that 2-3 week period.

But off hand, i'd say the number of times kobe reached double figures in rebounds and assists were less than a few times any season.

Let alone doing both in the same game and while putting up 30.

RW will in no way catch kobe's career brilliance and accomplishments, but what he's doing now is close to impossible.

I for one hope he can keep it up without injury.

Also hoping he doesn't make playoffs if that keeps lakers out, as much as i'd like to see him dominate postseason again

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#70 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 01:58 PM

I'm with you man, really hopes he wins MVP this year. I can't see hope he doesn't get it if the Thunder make the playoffs

#71 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,538 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 29, 2016 - 02:55 PM

Lol. No context.

#72 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,566 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 04:29 PM

Yeah still, I was responding to the comparison of 19 games to an entire season. I honestly think this kind of load is unsustainable especially with his kind of play. He may be playing 35 minutes but the amount of responsibilities he has during those minutes is equivalent to playing 40+ minutes easily. Dude probably has the highest usage rate ever if he sustains this and he's averaging an absurd 5.5 turnovers per game.

The fact that he's survived 19 games without a drop-off and his team at 10-8 is miraculous

You're probably right, but I wouldn't call it miraculous. The Thunder were projected to be about a 45 win team I believe, and they're right on pace for that. 

Just for fun, I looked more into Kobe's 05-06 season, where he averaged 35 ppg in 41 MPG and played 80 games to compare to Westbrook's season this year.

Kobe had a 38.8% usage rate with almost 56% true shooting and a 113.7 offensive rating and a 1.44 assist/turnover ratio.

Westbrook is at 40.7% usage rate at 54% true shooting and a 111.0 offensive rating and a 2.06 assist/turnover ratio.

Kobe had the 81 point game that season. I'm waiting for Westbrook to have a signature game this season as well. He's already had a 50 point triple double and no one batted an eye. Maybe some crazy 20/20/20 game

• 43,794 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 05:45 PM

Westbrook is officially averaging a triple double this season:

30.9 ppg 10.3 rpg 11.3 apg

Contributing AT LEAST 53 ppg. Crazy!

yo.

#74 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,197 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 06:13 PM

Kobe at same age:

2006 January -  43ppg 5.6rpg 4.1apg on 61.1TS% and Lakers went 9-4.

2006 April - 41.6ppg 5.5rpg 3.6apg on 62.1TS% and Lakers went 6-2.

In November Westbrook averaged 29.5ppg 10.1rpg 11.3apg on 54.1TS% and Thunder went 8-8.

• Lord Flashheart and kball like this

fXlFKv8.gif

#75 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,154 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 02, 2016 - 02:01 PM

MVP debates are useless b/c they aren't giving it to a player that is on a team that isn't a top 2 seed. Maybe 3 if they just kill it. 

OKC isn't going to be a top 3 so he's pretty much out of the discussion.  The MVP race is pretty much between KD, Bron, Kawhi and CP3. 

•     likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#76 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,154 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 02, 2016 - 02:02 PM

Seeing KD on the Warriors pretty has confirmed how good he is in comparison to most his peers, especially Steph.  Individually there isn't a player in the league as good as him than Lebron. 

•     likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#77 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,538 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 02, 2016 - 02:24 PM

Steph has been better than KD in several games which surprised me.
Simply put, he has 2 superior skills, and when both are on, he is as good as anybody in history

#78 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,063 posts

Posted December 02, 2016 - 03:14 PM

MVP debates are useless b/c they aren't giving it to a player that is on a team that isn't a top 2 seed. Maybe 3 if they just kill it. 

OKC isn't going to be a top 3 so he's pretty much out of the discussion.  The MVP race is pretty much between KD, Bron, Kawhi and CP3. 

Think Jody may be right.

But if either RW or JH finish only 5/6 while continuing to have the year theyre having id be really surprised.

My guess is they are in top 3 and maybe win it due to very special circumstances and fantastic all around stats

READY FOR SEASON!!!

• 43,794 posts

Posted December 02, 2016 - 03:47 PM

Despite his always all around impressive stats, I don't see much of a chance of LeBron getting it if he's not even leading his team in scoring (which he currently isn't, it's Kyrie).

yo.

#80 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,197 posts

Posted December 02, 2016 - 05:41 PM

If Westbrook leads Thunder to 50+ win, he will get it. The story and impact go together in deciding these awards. And Westbrook has going it for him by far.

fXlFKv8.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users