#42 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 1,930 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted November 02, 2016 - 10:15 PM

No love for Derozan? He's been balling and his team is undefeated. I actually got him somewhere from 3-5, that Olympic run has him really hitting the season in stride.
  • kball likes this

#43 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,418 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 02, 2016 - 10:20 PM

No love for Derozan? He's been balling and his team is undefeated. I actually got him somewhere from 3-5, that Olympic run has him really hitting the season in stride.

Nah. They've lost to the Cavs and beat the Pistons, Nuggets and Wizards. IIRC the Raptors are usually that team that starts hot and cools down after a month or two. He's playing great, but not on these guys level.

I already wanna take Harden out cause his effort isn't turning into W's, just like Anthony Davis. If Kobe can't get an MVP cause we were 7/8th seeds, then they shouldn't be in the conversation either.

Westbrook is the easy choice right now, especially if the Thunder are around 50+ wins. Hard to tell, but it looks good. 

#44 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,158 posts

Posted November 02, 2016 - 10:20 PM

Yeah, I saw what DeRozan did today right after posting my list. He's in the conversation (probably right ahead of Dame), but I don't wanna show him too much love because I really don't think he can sustain this level of play.

Edited by Massacre, November 02, 2016 - 10:21 PM.

#45 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Superstar

• 7,927 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 03, 2016 - 01:30 AM

I think Kawhi is on top, despite the loss to Utah. 

He's leading the league in PER and is putting up 28-4-4-3 on 50/40/95 shooting while being perhaps the best defensive player in the league.

Westbrook is awesome, but except for the Clippers the teams they've beaten are among the very bottom: LA, Phi, Den, Phx.

#46 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 1,930 posts

Posted November 03, 2016 - 02:40 AM

Nah. They've lost to the Cavs and beat the Pistons, Nuggets and Wizards. IIRC the Raptors are usually that team that starts hot and cools down after a month or two. He's playing great, but not on these guys level.

I already wanna take Harden out cause his effort isn't turning into W's, just like Anthony Davis. If Kobe can't get an MVP cause we were 7/8th seeds, then they shouldn't be in the conversation either.

Westbrook is the easy choice right now, especially if the Thunder are around 50+ wins. Hard to tell, but it looks good.

Oh you're right, I forgot they lost to the Cavs. But I see what yall saying, raptors usually do jump off to great starts and it's tough to imagine Derozan continuing to shine like this. I just thought these updates were for the MVP rankings right now and I don't see how someone playing as good as Derozan (resulting in wins) isn't at least top 5 at the moment.

#47 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 15,798 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 03, 2016 - 01:42 PM

Westbrook for sure
Derozan is up there too. He is a 2way player.
Kawhi and Bron ahead though.

#48 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 1,930 posts

Posted November 04, 2016 - 06:13 PM

5 straight 30 point games for Derozan, it seems like the Olympics and that max contract really catapulted him so far.

#49 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,014 posts

Posted November 06, 2016 - 03:43 AM

He's taking 25 shots per game, and converting 55% of them. Not sustainable at all. He will cool down to his last season average.

It looks like Thunder will win in north of 50 games this year. Westbrook is easily the MVP.

fXlFKv8.gif

#50 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,115 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 06, 2016 - 05:57 AM

^

Still think 50 is out of reach for thunder.

But if they get there, westbrook for sure.

Maybe the West is even worse than we thought it might be.

Dallas and Pels for sure. And no team looking unbeatable yet

Edited by kball, November 06, 2016 - 05:58 AM.

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#51 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,158 posts

Posted November 06, 2016 - 03:12 PM

Westbrook gives his team a chance to win every game against any opponent. 50 is definitely possible.

I'm interested to see if he can will them to these kind of victories against playoff teams (like the Clippers game on Friday night) in the middle of March.

#52 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,014 posts

Posted November 27, 2016 - 05:07 AM

MVP Race

1. Chris Paul

2. Kawhi Leonard

3. James Harden

4. Russell Westbrook

5. Lebron James

fXlFKv8.gif

#53 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,115 posts

Posted November 27, 2016 - 08:24 AM

Maybe ^

But for my money, no one in 50 years playing better than Westbrook right now.

Can't believe i just wrote that!

So if a game's on, with all those guys playing the same night, Im watching either OKC or Cavs

• Navidballack likes this

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

#54 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,418 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 27, 2016 - 02:06 PM

Westbrook is averaging a 30 point triple double in 35 minutes. 

Harden with 28/12/8

LeBron with 24/9/8

Durant is averaging 27 on 57.4% FG and 44.6% from 3, while Steph is averaging a measly 26 on 50% and 42.5% from 3

DeMar and Anthony Davis are also balling out

It's gonna come down to a lot of factors. Westbrook is putting up video game numbers, but it's clear that you're not rewarded when you have a bad team around you (when it's an individual award, makes no sense)

I get this feeling Harden will get it, unless either the Cavs or the Warriors coast to an insane record. They're both sitting at only 2 losses. I think it's gonna take 73+ for Steph or Durant to get it, while it'll take close to 70 for LeBron to get it again. If not, Harden or Westbrook will get it, depending on which team finishes out the season with a better record. 

#55 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,115 posts

Posted November 27, 2016 - 02:37 PM

^

One thing...I doubt its a unanimous or even near unanimous vote this year..

Guys ballin' like mothers all around the league.

Gonna be some unhappy all star snubs to look for too

#56 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,046 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 28, 2016 - 09:18 AM

There is so much more talent in the NBA now compared to the late 90s and early 2000s.  Last year Damian Lillard was left off the West all star team.  John Wall didn't even make the all NBA 3rd team despite averaging 20/10/5/2.  Insane.    

• kball likes this

#57 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 15,798 posts

Posted November 28, 2016 - 05:19 PM

Maybe ^

But for my money, no one in 50 years playing better than Westbrook right now.

Can't believe i just wrote that!

So if a game's on, with all those guys playing the same night, Im watching either OKC or Cavs

Lol.
MJ
Kobe
Duncan
Larry
Magic
Hakeem
Curry

#58 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,115 posts

Posted November 28, 2016 - 07:29 PM

^

Pretty sure no player on your list had as good a statistical season over all as RW is this year.

All great great players.

Magic for instance never sniffed 30 ppg in any season. Not close.

Duncan either. Or assists for timmy.

Its crazy numbers and he should be recognized for it. Measured against even your list of guys

#59 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,014 posts

Posted November 28, 2016 - 08:03 PM

Westbrook is officially averaging a triple double this season:

30.9 ppg 10.3 rpg 11.3 apg

fXlFKv8.gif

#60 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 15,798 posts

Posted November 28, 2016 - 08:11 PM

^
Pretty sure no player on your list had as good a statistical season over all as RW is this year.
All great great players.

Magic for instance never sniffed 30 ppg in any season. Not close.
Duncan either. Or assists for timmy.

Its crazy numbers and he should be recognized for it. Measured against even your list of guys

Numbers vs level of play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users