MVP Race

• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#201 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,241 posts

Posted March 08, 2017 - 01:42 AM

Why does Kawhi not pass the eye test? That is such a loose statement.

fXlFKv8.gif

#202 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,663 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 08, 2017 - 12:16 PM

Why does Kawhi not pass the eye test? That is such a loose statement.

Seriously, dude. Do you have sand in your vagina? I'm basically agreeing with your take on Kawhi. Perhaps using the phrase "the eye test" weren't ideal, but i'm essentially saying that if you look just a little bit beyond the counting numbers and high-light plays, then Kawhi should win it.

#203 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,241 posts

Posted March 08, 2017 - 04:56 PM

Then word it better genius. Say Westbrook and Harden have more highlight plays. Anyone who watches Kawhi for full game would know he is MVP material.

fXlFKv8.gif

#204 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,663 posts

Posted March 08, 2017 - 10:18 PM

Sand, clearly. Lots of it.

#205 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,088 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 16, 2017 - 06:09 PM

Possibly the best pass of all time https://streamable.com/utbhj

• DanishLakerFan likes this

#206 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,598 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 16, 2017 - 06:36 PM

Russell Westbrook posting a triple double like Kobe getting 40

#207 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,241 posts

Posted March 16, 2017 - 11:25 PM

Incredible thing is the OKC is only half a game away to tie Clippers for the 5th seed. The only team they didn't beat this year is Warriors and they could very well beat'em when they soon play each other. 7 home games, 7 away games left. And they have the 4th best home record shared jointly with Rockets.

1. Russell Westbrook

2. James Harden

3. Kawhi Leonard

4. Lebron James

Kawhi jumps ahead of Harden if Spurs get first seed. And jumps ahead of Westbrook if OKC goes 7-7 or 8-6 in remaining games. But otherwise, I see OKC and Westbrook's chances at closing the season on a good note high.

Edited by Tensai, March 16, 2017 - 11:26 PM.

fXlFKv8.gif

#208 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,343 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 17, 2017 - 05:07 AM

So looking forward to playoffs with all these greats playing at such a remarkably high level.

Such an MVP coin toss if we're honest.

Only crazy good player i will miss not being in payoffs that i can think of offhand is KAT.

Everyone else will be there

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#209 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,598 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 17, 2017 - 01:19 PM

KAT isn't crazy good.

He's putting up good numbers'but he is still learning how to win.

He ultimately might only win as a 3rd wheel like Bosh

#210 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,343 posts

Posted March 17, 2017 - 03:51 PM

Young guys putting up numbers typically are learning to win as bad teams afford more playing time to high draft picks.

He was the guy that just jumped out at me as really good but not participating.

Always wished T Mac could play deeper (or at all) into the playoffs as an example of past.

Playoffs are what we watch for anyway

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#211 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,229 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 18, 2017 - 09:20 PM

So looking forward to playoffs with all these greats playing at such a remarkably high level.

Such an MVP coin toss if we're honest.

Only crazy good player i will miss not being in payoffs that i can think of offhand is KAT.

Everyone else will be there

Can't forget about Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins either...

Easily two of the top 5 big men in the NBA.  Just goes to show that it has become a league that primarily revolves around guard play with all these big men absent.

• kball likes this

#212 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 19, 2017 - 05:19 PM

Magic used to do that. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#213 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,663 posts

Posted March 20, 2017 - 07:14 AM

Barkley at 0:30 was pretty good too.

#214 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,406 posts
  • Name:Ryan

Posted March 20, 2017 - 09:46 AM

Can't forget about Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins either...

Easily two of the top 5 big men in the NBA.  Just goes to show that it has become a league that primarily revolves around guard play with all these big men absent.

Yea man I mean people were down on Boogie as a winning player before the trade to New Orleans and now he and AD are putting up great numbers together it just doesn't seem to matter in terms of wins and losses.  Granted they're playing with Holiday and some trash but still.  I've always been the kind of fan to have a broad perspective and not get caught up in cliche and labels and generalizations.  Frankly, a lot of sports comes down to circumstance and luck as much as skill and hard work.  Just consider KG and LeBron before they won or Kobe in his post Shaq days before the Gasol trade.  But I'm really starting to wonder if there is just something about Cousins.  Next year hopefully Holiday comes back and they add another decent player as well.  If they're healthy for a full season and still can't crack 40 wins then these questions will just perpetuate.  

I know you were talking about how bigs aren't really in the MVP conversation anymore but I got a little sidetracked lol     

• LakeShow1o1 likes this

#215 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,229 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 20, 2017 - 11:29 AM

Yea man I mean people were down on Boogie as a winning player before the trade to New Orleans and now he and AD are putting up great numbers together it just doesn't seem to matter in terms of wins and losses.  Granted they're playing with Holiday and some trash but still.  I've always been the kind of fan to have a broad perspective and not get caught up in cliche and labels and generalizations.  Frankly, a lot of sports comes down to circumstance and luck as much as skill and hard work.  Just consider KG and LeBron before they won or Kobe in his post Shaq days before the Gasol trade.  But I'm really starting to wonder if there is just something about Cousins.  Next year hopefully Holiday comes back and they add another decent player as well.  If they're healthy for a full season and still can't crack 40 wins then these questions will just perpetuate.  

I know you were talking about how bigs aren't really in the MVP conversation anymore but I got a little sidetracked lol     

When it comes to Boogie, I just feel like he needs specific players around him in order to maximize his potential.  He has an extremely versatile skillset, but it's much easier to lock down on a post presence than it is  a guard or wing player in today's generation.

Cousins would thrive in a scenario similar to how Dwight excelled with the Magic team constructed during their Finals run.  Insert Cousins around a plethora of 3-Point shooters and you'll maximize his abilities.  While he's never been a passing big man, he'll still have alot more room to operate from within the perimeter and he'll also have options to kick it out to.  I don't know if he and AD will work out in the long run, but I really want to see Cousins on a roster that has 2-3 dependable 3-Point shooters in the starting rotation.  

#216 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,241 posts

Posted March 29, 2017 - 06:27 PM

57-13-11 from Westbrook on 21/40 shooting.

He is squeezing that trophy by the balls.

fXlFKv8.gif

#217 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted March 29, 2017 - 06:54 PM

The most points ever scored with a triple double, he's not just recording triple doubles regularly but he's doing it in historic fashion. Fastest triple double since 55', only triple double without missing from the field and free throw line and now this one.

If he catches that 41 triple doubles in a season record (he has 38 now) he will probably wrap up the award. His fourth quarter takeovers in the last two games have been breathtaking

Edited by stillshining, March 29, 2017 - 06:59 PM.

#218 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,343 posts

Posted March 30, 2017 - 09:36 AM

Anyone see that Wilt triple double stat?

53/34/14 i think it was.

Tough MVP vote might go down to last game literally

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#219 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,738 posts

Posted March 30, 2017 - 11:44 AM

I think you have to give it to Russell. Truth is a season hasn't been seen like this since Jordan. Granted harden is playing incredibly well and any other year would be a runaway favorite

But Russell is doing things unseen in decades.
Posted Image

#220 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted March 30, 2017 - 06:53 PM

I think you have to give it to Russell. Truth is a season hasn't been seen like this since Jordan. Granted harden is playing incredibly well and any other year would be a runaway favorite

But Russell is doing things unseen in decades.

to keep it real we haven't seen a season like this in Jordans era as well. He's putting up numbers we didn't take serious back in the 60's, absolutely amazing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users