EyMlHkX.jpg

#2 eZZy

eZZy

Off The Bench

• 2,003 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 20, 2016 - 11:13 AM

This is awesome, I've been waiting for a handheld device to where I can play NBA 2k. lol

#3 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,140 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 20, 2016 - 12:32 PM

I shall get this.

#4 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,682 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 20, 2016 - 01:56 PM

I have a lot of gripes with this. 

1. This is basically a tablet with a fancy controller attached. 

2. Battery life on this is gonna be bad. Wii U's was awful. 3 or 4 hours at best. Can't see them doing much better with an even thinner design. Its probably going to have a similar battery life to most tablets. Also add in higher processing games its gonna drain in less than 2 hours. 

3. GPU/Processing is gonna suck. There is no way that game is gonna run games a industry standard quality or even close. The demo of it playing skyrim made me laugh. Guarantee its going to at best give you low settings less than 30fps which is comparable to an early xbox 360. 

4. I'm not convinced they will get legit 3rd party interest. Nintendos biggest problem is they never can get big studios to dev on their consoles. This is mainly because there consoles have no market and can't play games that well. Seeing Skyrim is nice but thats a 5 year old game. If your showcase game is a 5 year old game then thats not sending a good message. 

Here is a suggestion. If you want mobile gaming device that can actually play a game decently then buy a decent gaming laptop. Will it cost more, yes. But it will actually be able to play new games and play them decently. You will also have a better battery life, can play with any controller, hook it up to your tv, and also just use it as a laptop for non gaming things. Everyone already needs a computer anyway. So instead of putting down 400 on this, just put in an extra 400 for your next laptop. Guarantee you it will cost less in the long run.

• Mr Terrific, bigvee, Majesty and 1 other like this

#5 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,418 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted October 20, 2016 - 06:12 PM

Isn't the trend VR now? 

And how many people actually want mobile gaming outside of their phone/tablet? Seems like way too small of an audience.

#6 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,090 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 20, 2016 - 06:44 PM

This is a cool concept. Gonna grab the market for kids without a doubt. Parents will love having to only buy one console for little Jimmy to have a game at home and on the road. My biggest gripe is processing power. Nvida has said it uses powerful chips, but there is a reason they havent put out the CPU power for it, it's probably pretty low. The only way for this think to have the power of a console and be portable would have a price point of 700+ so that's understandable. This would be awesome if I was 8. However, I do not have the time when I am out on the go to get some gaming in. Nintendo sees that mobile gaming is up and is trying to grab that market. They will lose older audiences since the mobile aspect is less wanted by them. In addition, once you get into the upper teens, graphics and power is huge for these consumers not so much for kids. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, October 20, 2016 - 06:45 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#7 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 14,666 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted October 20, 2016 - 09:44 PM

Interesting, but feels too gimmicky for me.

The trick for Nintendo is avoiding having yet another library of crap games.

#8 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,110 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 21, 2016 - 09:49 AM

It seems very gimmicky.  At times I don't think Nintendo really understands what the fans truly want at this point.  They need a TRUE console. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#9 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,277 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted October 22, 2016 - 08:17 AM

It seems very gimmicky.  At times I don't think Nintendo really understands what the fans truly want at this point.  They need a TRUE console. 

I feel this is Nintendo now. They can't compete with Microsoft or Sony in the game department or hardware. So gimmicks and classic titles is all Nintendo has left. I like the idea of the switch but it already seems dated. The sliding in of everything controllers, tablet sounds like it will be a disaster. Would've been cool if the tablet had a projector. Sharing a tiny tablet screen for 2 player games won't be fun for very long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Majesty likes this

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#10 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,090 posts

Posted October 22, 2016 - 09:55 AM

I feel this is Nintendo now. They can't compete with Microsoft or Sony in the game department or hardware. So gimmicks and classic titles is all Nintendo has left. I like the idea of the switch but it already seems dated. The sliding in of everything controllers, tablet sounds like it will be a disaster. Would've been cool if the tablet had a projector. Sharing a tiny tablet screen for 2 player games won't be fun for very long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think nintendo can compete,people forget but last generation with the Wii was the only time Nintendo didn't have very strong hardware. Many forget that the game cube was more powerful than the ps2. I just think that bad experience with the game cube that nintendo believed having a three way most powerful console was a battle that would be hard to win. This is because their IP's aren't games that require super high fidelity. When the next gen came out they came out with a console that was extremely less powerful than the competition, but the Wii destroyed xbox 360 and ps3. This is what made them committed to these gimmick ideas rather than raw power. At this point it seems like nintendo is more willing to roll the dice with gimmicks then making a raw power machine. Its main titles don't need high graphical fidelity, so trying out a gimmick that could make it as big as the Wii is worth it in their eyes. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, October 22, 2016 - 09:56 AM.

#11 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight! The Falcons Got Turned Into Atlanta Fried Chicken

• 8,577 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted October 22, 2016 - 10:07 AM

It's a no-go for me. If you like Nintendo games use an Emulator

• PhillyLaker24 likes this

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#12 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,090 posts

Posted October 22, 2016 - 10:50 AM

It's a no-go for me. If you like Nintendo games use an Emulator

In the video there is a surface there with what looks like an emulator. I have a surface pro 4, can you point me in any direction for directions on getting a nintendo emulator on it? 

#13 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 8,577 posts

Posted October 22, 2016 - 01:29 PM

In the video there is a surface there with what looks like an emulator. I have a surface pro 4, can you point me in any direction for directions on getting a nintendo emulator on it?

Dunno. It's been a well-kept secret that people emulate Nintendo games. Hell, with an Android device, lots of people have turned old-school Nintendo games into 1080p. Just Google it. Lots of people play Nintendo games on their Android phones. But I have iOS devices.

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#14 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,110 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 22, 2016 - 02:04 PM

To me it should be very simple...

If Nintendo released a new console.. a REAL CONSOLE... and at launch premiered a Open World Legend of Zelda RPG ...  they'd be right back in the thick of things. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#15 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 8,577 posts

Posted October 23, 2016 - 09:32 AM

Game Over Nintendo. You are the next Blackberry

#16 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 8,577 posts

Posted October 30, 2016 - 05:19 PM

#17 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,090 posts

Posted March 03, 2017 - 07:38 AM

Game looks hella good. However, cannot justify paying 300 bucks for just one game. Nintendo normally has one-two great games per generation on its consoles, and normally that is the zelda ones.

#18 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 835 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted March 03, 2017 - 09:40 AM

Only reason to get the Switch is for Zelda. Very tempted since I love Zelda games

#19 Yaboy

Yaboy

Starter

• 4,603 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 03, 2017 - 10:58 AM

Bought 2 and an extra controller.

OD_zpsef7494d9.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#20 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,140 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted March 03, 2017 - 11:03 AM

Bought 2 and an extra controller.

what do you think about it so far?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users