Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white๐Ÿž& an ๐ŸŠ

• 8,739 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted October 05, 2016 - 03:25 PM

Call it "Tanks For Everything"

Edited by Mr Terrific, October 05, 2016 - 03:26 PM.

• Majesty and lakerfan98 like this

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#23 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,370 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 06, 2016 - 09:43 AM

Call it "Tanks For Everything"

Well done sir.

• Mr Terrific likes this

#24 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 758 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Lonzo Ball BBB!

Posted October 17, 2016 - 08:47 PM

Chapter 13: Motivation tip# 17: Point at retired jerseys and say "I played with all those guys".

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#25 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,557 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted October 18, 2016 - 11:54 PM

Was Byron Scott the worst coach of the modern era?

He literally did nothing right. I can't think of anything other than obviously getting us draft picks.

Hindered development, made our players hate playing basketball, fought against the new style of play, fostered horrible relationships with basically everyone on the team, even handled media more poorly than anyone I can think of.

We sorta accepted Kobe being the blame of all these things, but man, these reports of shade coming from the players really show another side.
  • JGuez likes this

#26 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,092 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted October 19, 2016 - 04:55 AM

Was Byron Scott the worst coach of the modern era?

He literally did nothing right. I can't think of anything other than obviously getting us draft picks.

Hindered development, made our players hate playing basketball, fought against the new style of play, fostered horrible relationships with basically everyone on the team, even handled media more poorly than anyone I can think of.

We sorta accepted Kobe being the blame of all these things, but man, these reports of shade coming from the players really show another side.

Kobe gets a pass because he gave us 20 years of pure entertainment along with 5 rings. I'm sure if it was Phil that did the same things that Byron did, he would have been given a pass as well. The problem is Byron was terrible the entire time. He wasn't even a great player.

#27 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,138 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 19, 2016 - 06:15 AM

I have to disagree with your last statement.  Byron was damn good when he played.  He was a 16-20 ppg played for like a 8 year stretch and was the starting SG for 3 of their rings. 

Kobe gets a pass because he gave us 20 years of pure entertainment along with 5 rings. I'm sure if it was Phil that did the same things that Byron did, he would have been given a pass as well. The problem is Byron was terrible the entire time. He wasn't even a great player.

• MaceWindu likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#28 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,092 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted October 19, 2016 - 07:22 AM

I have to disagree with your last statement.  Byron was damn good when he played.  He was a 16-20 ppg played for like a 8 year stretch and was the starting SG for 3 of their rings.

I said great! He was a solid player but it's not the same as Magic, Kobe, or Shaq coaching. Fans wouldn't have jumped on him as quickly. I'd be willing to bet that a large number of young Laker fans don't know anything about Byron as a player. So many Laker greats, he is not one of them. He was apart of those three rings but his name is probably the least recognizable out of the starting 5. Well either him or Green.

#29 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,660 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 19, 2016 - 09:26 AM

Nick Young saying how Walton's offense is different than Byron's: "1st year he didn't want us to shoot 3's."

• Majesty likes this

#30 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,061 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted October 19, 2016 - 09:40 AM

I have to disagree with your last statement. Byron was damn good when he played. He was a 16-20 ppg played for like a 8 year stretch and was the starting SG for 3 of their rings.

Yea those are good numbers but he is right he wasn't great but there is nothing wrong with that. It has nothing to do with him being the worst coach in franchise history.

#31 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,547 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 19, 2016 - 02:53 PM

I love Byron as a player. Not so much as a head coach. Then again, I said the same thing about Magic.
My point is, Byron will always be a Laker. And for that, I have no ill feelings towards him. I'm going to let bygones be bygones.
  • FranklinPeanuts likes this

#32 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,061 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted October 19, 2016 - 10:46 PM

I love Byron as a player. Not so much as a head coach. Then again, I said the same thing about Magic.
My point is, Byron will always be a Laker. And for that, I have no ill feelings towards him. I'm going to let bygones be bygones.

I liked Byron a lot more when he wasn't our coach. I always remembered him as a player but know when I hear Byron's name the first thing that pops in my mind is the terrible job he did the last two years.
  • LACAS likes this

#33 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,370 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 20, 2016 - 12:42 PM

Not old enough to remember showtime so my opinion about Byron (and Magic for that matter) are based on their post playing days.  Spoiler alert I don't much care for either of them.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users