#1 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted September 26, 2016 - 06:22 AM

Link will come shortly,

as reported by Sportscenter, Pat Riley is quoted to saying "Bosh's career with Heat is probably over" and that the heat are not looking to work with him through his medical process.

Is his career done for?

it is a life threatening issue if it persists.. he is still a very good asset to any team.

ap1.png

#2 eZZy

eZZy

Off The Bench

• 2,012 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 26, 2016 - 08:28 AM

He may be done from the NBA.

#3 eZZy

eZZy

Off The Bench

• 2,012 posts

Posted September 26, 2016 - 08:29 AM

"We are not working toward his return," Riley told reporters on Monday.

http://www.usatoday....clots/91110796/

#4 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,573 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted September 26, 2016 - 08:58 AM

He should retire and go into coaching or broadcasting or just find a cozy front office job. It sucks that he's had to deal with this, but it is just a game. He's left his mark, and it looked like he was ready to spend the rest of his time on a mediocre Miami squad. Cash out, retire and be with your family Chris.

#5 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,724 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted September 26, 2016 - 09:17 AM

He needs to retire. He will die if he comes back. 

#6 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,081 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 26, 2016 - 09:19 AM

^

Teams not likely to want to risk him dying on the floor in front of fans and replayed endlessly on tv

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#7 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,809 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted September 26, 2016 - 09:31 AM

i'm on his side, i believe he can continue to play. 

i'm willing to bet the only reason the Heat failed him is because his "bleeding times" are elevated, which is exactly what you want for a person on blood thinners. obviously he needs to be very vigilant in monitoring for adverse side effects (bleeding), but being a professional athlete, i'm sure he is very in tune with his body.

2div

#8 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,558 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 27, 2016 - 02:45 AM

It's a bit of a strange situation with Bosh. If he truly is at risk of dying from blood clots, then it's a no-brainer that he isn't going to play.

Being the devil's advocate i'd argue that the Heat without Wade and Deng and with the future being in the hands of Whiteside and Winslow are in position where Bosh's presence isn't helping all that much, so for them it makes sense to have a zero-risk approach to Chris Bosh. If this was 2012 i'm not sure they would have the same approach.

Going forward i think its doubtfull that he'll play, though. Having failed the Medical at the Heat's Medical staff it tough for someone else to come in and allow him to pass.

If he's bought out, i think a team like the Spurs could take a chance on him and just let him play the home games.

#9 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,157 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted September 27, 2016 - 05:56 AM

I situation is much more complex than them just refusing to let him play.  If he plays on blood thinners even if he signs a waiver and he passes out and dies on the court that THEY would receive the blame.  No one wants that PR nightmare or that kinda weight on their shoulders.  He's at one of those crossroads in life where he has to figure out what's most important.  Playing and risking his health or moving on to something else.  It is what it is.  

I don't think anyone needs to take sides.  His health issues extend beyond basketball.  He might be in tune with his body but like most athletes he might be willing to risk it the same.  

i'm on his side, i believe he can continue to play. 

i'm willing to bet the only reason the Heat failed him is because his "bleeding times" are elevated, which is exactly what you want for a person on blood thinners. obviously he needs to be very vigilant in monitoring for adverse side effects (bleeding), but being a professional athlete, i'm sure he is very in tune with his body.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#10 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,157 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted September 27, 2016 - 05:57 AM

This

^

Teams not likely to want to risk him dying on the floor in front of fans and replayed endlessly on tv

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#11 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,081 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 06:09 AM

Also with tendency towards blood clots, flying becomes more dangerous to the individuals health. And NBA teams fly a lot.

Its clear Miami with their recent statement yesterday is done and is moving on.

Now whether the player's union can sue or initiate some other action will be interesting from a precedent point of view along with how Bosh and Miami carry on from this.

I think if Bosh retires now he'd make the HOF. I think he was like a 8 or 9 time allstar and 2 chips w 4 appearances. Should be first ballot imo

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#12 eZZy

eZZy

Off The Bench

• 2,012 posts

Posted September 29, 2016 - 01:21 PM

Also with tendency towards blood clots, flying becomes more dangerous to the individuals health. And NBA teams fly a lot.

Its clear Miami with their recent statement yesterday is done and is moving on.

Now whether the player's union can sue or initiate some other action will be interesting from a precedent point of view along with how Bosh and Miami carry on from this.

I think if Bosh retires now he'd make the HOF. I think he was like a 8 or 9 time allstar and 2 chips w 4 appearances. Should be first ballot imo

Not to mention a gold medal from Beijing. 

#13 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,538 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 29, 2016 - 10:14 PM

I hope we're looking at an Alonzo Mourning type redemption story.

Selfishly I would love him here this with the fit being perfect.

I think he is a borderline HoFer. Had glaring holes in Miami but his strengths were undeniable. He was talented enough to become the SG on O and the most important defensive piece for the style of ball they played.

If Iverson and Mutumbo had Bosh that Finals would have been interesting.

Kobe had Bosh instead of Pau in 2008-2012 would have been very interesting.

#14 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,060 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 30, 2016 - 03:04 AM

Alonzo Mourning didn't have life-threatening blood clots in his lungs.

I like Bosh, great guy on and off the court, but he should retire.

#15 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,081 posts

Posted September 30, 2016 - 04:06 AM

I hope we're looking at an Alonzo Mourning type redemption story.

Selfishly I would love him here this with the fit being perfect.

I think he is a borderline HoFer. Had glaring holes in Miami but his strengths were undeniable. He was talented enough to become the SG on O and the most important defensive piece for the style of ball they played.

If Iverson and Mutumbo had Bosh that Finals would have been interesting.

Kobe had Bosh instead of Pau in 2008-2012 would have been very interesting.

My feeling he's a lock.

I'd say a lot of guys with only 4 all star games have made HOF (without checking).

Bosh has 11 i think i just heard...not verified (almost 3x as many)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#16 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,538 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 30, 2016 - 04:52 PM

https://www.google.c...e?client=safari

#17 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,727 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted October 31, 2016 - 02:55 PM

Of course he still wants to compete, but you need to be smarter, walk away with some respect and your remaining health.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users