Photo

Another boom/bust year for Mitch and Buss regime

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#21 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,639 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted September 24, 2016 - 01:38 PM

At this rate, I feel like the Lakers may become trapped in to this abyss where they suck year in and year out.
  • fido likes this

#22 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,357 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 24, 2016 - 02:55 PM

Adding Deng and Mozgov plus all the young talent we have and still be a bottom 5 team is very concerning. Missing out on the pick will also be disastrous.

How is it concerning?

Mozgov and Deng, while solid rotational pieces weren't going to place us into playoff contention.  They serve as role players whom will help mold our young talent and guide/mentor younger guys.  Everyone knew from the beginning that the only piece in this year's Free Agency that would even help us scratch the surface of a Western Conference 8th seed was Durant, and obviously that wasn't happening.  Horford, Whiteside, and others alone would still have been a very difficult playoff push with such a young inexperienced roster.

Missing out on the pick wouldn't be a disaster at all, however, somehow climbing and maintaining a top 3 lottery pick would be striking lightning yet again.  

The Lakers are in a solid position to rebuild.  We have enough young talent to survey throughout the next few seasons and hope that a gem or two begin to shine and show up in Russell, Ingram, Clarkson, and Randle.  If te so called "abyss" that you are referring to is what the Lakers are in... it's a common place for all sports franchises when losing a generational talent such as Kobe... Heck, I think we're in a much better position than some make it out to be.

• JGuez, K-Kris and Jody Smokes like this

#23 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,709 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 24, 2016 - 03:21 PM

Not really but ok

Adding Deng and Mozgov plus all the young talent we have and still be a bottom 5 team is very concerning. Missing out on the pick will also be disastrous.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#24 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,709 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 24, 2016 - 03:23 PM

Guys want the team to compete for the playoffs again and that's fine but unless one of these guys takes a generational talent year 2 step they aren't coming close to playoffs.  Doubling their win total would be a good start however

• Jackson likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#25 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,007 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 24, 2016 - 04:30 PM

Think i heard that 1/2 the laker losses last year were by double digits.

This season, play hard, stay close in games, luck into a few wins, and lets find out who is our go to guy the first 20 games of season and which guys look good during crunch time.

After 20 games we'll know what we have more or less.

It does seem like Jeannie is walking back that ultimatum with Jim having to leave after this year from an interview i saw on TWC...which i think was smart of her (and also shows some real maturity and grace on her part imo)

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#26 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,639 posts

Posted September 24, 2016 - 04:37 PM

Guys want the team to compete for the playoffs again and that's fine but unless one of these guys takes a generational talent year 2 step they aren't coming close to playoffs. Doubling their win total would be a good start however

Pretty much what I want.

#27 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,639 posts

Posted September 24, 2016 - 04:38 PM

Think i heard that 1/2 the laker losses last year were by double digits.
This season, play hard, stay close in games, luck into a few wins, and lets find out who is our go to guy the first 20 games of season and which guys look good during crunch time.

After 20 games we'll know what we have more or less.

It does seem like Jeannie is walking back that ultimatum with Jim having to leave after this year from an interview i saw on TWC...which i think was smart of her (and also shows some real maturity and grace on her part imo)

I'm fine with losing games if we're competing and teams are working to score on us. Sick and tired of blowouts.

#28 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,092 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 26, 2016 - 09:39 AM

With this young and all over the place of a roster, be prepared for more blowouts this coming season.

#29 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,940 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted September 26, 2016 - 11:29 AM

With this young and all over the place of a roster, be prepared for more blowouts this coming season.

how is our roster "all over the place?"
  • BasketballIQ likes this

#30 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,007 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 26, 2016 - 12:02 PM

how is our roster "all over the place?"

May have meant no singular talent to fixate on and carry us the way Kobe/Shaq did and Kobe/Pau did.

I get that.

Someone (or 2) needs to step up this season

• fido likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#31 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted September 27, 2016 - 08:57 AM

I don't think the Buss kids have as much pride as dad. But why should we be a bad team?. Byrons gone. Kobe and his contract gone. DR is not a rookie. Randall needed to play a full season. We made the right picks the last 2 drafts. We're healthy. Some teams in the West aren't as good. DeAngelo put on all that muscle and was 22 ppg during SL. We don't really need a legit center because its all about small ball.  We should be good to go   :D

#32 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,357 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 09:04 AM

I don't think the Buss kids have as much pride as dad. But why should we be a bad team?. Byrons gone. Kobe and his contract gone. DR is not a rookie. Randall needed to play a full season. We made the right picks the last 2 drafts. We're healthy. Some teams in the West aren't as good. DeAngelo put on all that muscle and was 22 ppg during SL. We don't really need a legit center because its all about small ball.  We should be good to go   :D

Pretty ironic how the only time you seem to make reasonable points is when you're being completely sarcastic.

• bigvee, Jody Smokes and lakerfan98 like this

#33 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 09:23 AM

Pretty ironic how the only time you seem to make reasonable points is when you're being completely sarcastic.

Opinions are like buttholes. You know the rest

#34 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,357 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 09:27 AM

Opinions are like buttholes. You know the rest

What a mature and well versed response.  Really contains a lot of substance.

Ironically everyone does have buttholes.   However, not everyone seems to have a foreign object shoved up their's simply because D'Angelo Russell was drafted instead of Okafor because you've seemed butthurt eversince.

All you do is spew negativity and complain about every single transaction the front office makes.  Get over it... move on...

Edited by LakeShow1o1, September 27, 2016 - 09:33 AM.

• Jody Smokes and lakerfan98 like this

#35 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 09:48 AM

Oh!!! This is a Well Versed site. My Bad. Opinions are like Anal Canals .....    The 1st amendment is fun. And the truth is the truth. By the way, we've had record loss SEASONS recently. We should be positive?? Any real fan would be pissed right now. 

What a mature and well versed response.  Really contains a lot of substance.

Ironically everyone does have buttholes.   However, not everyone seems to have a foreign object shoved up their's simply because D'Angelo Russell was drafted instead of Okafor because you've seemed butthurt eversince.

All you do is spew negativity and complain about every single transaction the front office makes.  Get over it... move on...

Edited by lakersince75, September 27, 2016 - 09:51 AM.

#36 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,126 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 27, 2016 - 10:45 AM

Pissed? Lol
  • Jody Smokes likes this

#37 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,639 posts

Posted September 28, 2016 - 05:12 PM

I think it's perfectly fine for fans to believe that the Lakers will suck again next year. It's always a possibility when your roster is made up of young pieces. But there is also a reason to hold out hope that there will be improvements. But then this question almost always arises... would minimal improvements be worth potentially negating the possibility of a high draft pick?

#38 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 5,145 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 28, 2016 - 06:45 PM

Well, I think teams are done tanking. That being said, we could improve to 35 wins and still be one of the worst in the league.

#39 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,092 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 28, 2016 - 07:03 PM

Then signing Mozgov was a waste of money, and with that I agree.  Young teams like this, especially one with no definitive talent or leader lose in bunches.  This team won' be 17 wins, but 25 is about the cap.

Yes, pissed.  Losing ( and steady losing at that) should make you angry.  If it doesn't then there's no amount of reason that will convince you otherwise.

#40 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,137 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted September 28, 2016 - 07:17 PM

Then signing Mozgov was a waste of money, and with that I agree. Young teams like this, especially one with no definitive talent or leader lose in bunches. This team won' be 17 wins, but 25 is about the cap.

Yes, pissed. Losing ( and steady losing at that) should make you angry. If it doesn't then there's no amount of reason that will convince you otherwise.

Aren't you excited for our future though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users