#241 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,530 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted January 29, 2017 - 10:05 AM

I won't say that b/c he was just buried on the team but he didn't get a chance to show how good he was until last year.  The idea that fans that barely watch other teams could see him breaking out like this is nonsense

Yet we're able to say Russ, Randle and BI will eventually break out.

Edited by LACAS, January 29, 2017 - 10:06 AM.

#242 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,762 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 29, 2017 - 10:12 AM

Wasn't CJ injured for a big portion of one of his first 2 years?

Or am i not remembering

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#243 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,599 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted January 29, 2017 - 10:14 AM

And some fans watch and follow the NBA not just the Lakers.

I said if my memory serves me right. I remember him being playing poorly. I thought he was gonna be really good but when I'd watch the few minutes he'd get he was disappointing. Now this was probably only over a span of maybe 4-5 games per season so maybe he just looked like trash in the games that I saw.
  • LACAS likes this

#244 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,599 posts

Posted January 29, 2017 - 10:17 AM

Wasn't CJ injured for a big portion of one of his first 2 years?
Or am i not remembering

He had foot problems. I believe he hurt it in college and it still bothered him during his first year. I'm not sure about his complete injury history though.

#245 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,599 posts

Posted January 29, 2017 - 10:19 AM

Yet we're able to say Russ, Randle and BI will eventually break out.

The difference is that most of us are gonna watch these guys play 60+ games a season compared to the maybe 5-10 Portland games that you might watch.

It's OK to not be an expert on every player in the NBA. There are too many teams and way too many games to accurately scout every player in the NBA.

Edited by kidpolean, January 29, 2017 - 10:25 AM.

• LACAS likes this

#246 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,351 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted January 29, 2017 - 10:37 AM

If I remember correctly didn't CJ have a couple of solid playoff games before his third season? That certainly would have set the tone for his rise and ascension in his 3rd year. I could be writing revisionist history but I don't believe I am. Anyway, if this team can't get at least 30 wins this year it would be extremely disappointing. 

• LACAS likes this

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#247 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,530 posts

Posted January 29, 2017 - 10:39 AM

The difference is that most of us are gonna watch these guys play 60+ games a season compared to the maybe 5-10 Portland games that you might watch.

It's OK to not be an expert on every player in the NBA. There are too many teams and way too many games to accurately scout every player in the NBA.

To be totally honest I don't think I watch more than 12 POR games per season LOL... that said Im a Laker fan first and foremost but I follow certain players; in POR's case I enjoy watching & following Lilliard & CJ therefore I watch & read up as much as I can on them. I never said I thought CJ was special from the gates, that would be BS but as soon as POR began to give him minutes (last year) you just knew he was going to be good, there was no doubt.

I am in no way in expert on anything other than the profession I have been practicing for the past 15 years even then I don't consider myself an expert. 

#248 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,599 posts

Posted January 29, 2017 - 10:44 AM

If I remember correctly didn't CJ have a couple of solid playoff games before his third season? That certainly would have set the tone for his rise and ascension in his 3rd year. I could be writing revisionist history but I don't believe I am. Anyway, if this team can't get at least 30 wins this year it would be extremely disappointing.

Yea he started ballin in the playoffs
  • The Big Fish and LACAS like this

#249 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,530 posts

Posted January 29, 2017 - 10:45 AM

So would you take Randle, Russell or JC over CJ? Just curious since we have watched them for 60+ games per season that they have played. 

#250 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,599 posts

Posted January 29, 2017 - 10:50 AM

So would you take Randle, Russell or JC over CJ? Just curious since we have watched them for 60+ games per season that they have played.

Current CJ? I'd obviously take him over Clarkson. Randle is a bit of a toss up. They are two different positions and Randle has a unique skillset. An athletic 15/10/4 PF is valuable. If Randle can develop a shot, I'd probably take him over CJ. I'd take Russell over CJ right now. At 25, I think Russell will be much better than current CJ.

Russ will be in his sixth season when he's 25 years old!

Edited by kidpolean, January 29, 2017 - 10:57 AM.

• LACAS likes this

#251 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,530 posts

Posted January 29, 2017 - 10:59 AM

Current CJ? I'd obviously take him over Clarkson. Randle is a bit of a toss up. They are two different positions and Randle has a unique skillset. An athletic 15/10/4 PF is valuable. If Randle can develop a shot, I'd probably take him over CJ. I'd take Russell over CJ right now. At 25, I think Russell will be much better than current CJ.

Intersting, respected and I pretty much agree...

1) CJ > JC 

2) CJ > Randle today

3) Randle with a shot > CJ

4) I too think and want to believe Russell will be better than CJ at 25.

Edited by LACAS, January 29, 2017 - 11:00 AM.

• KidRN likes this

#252 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,762 posts

Posted January 29, 2017 - 11:20 AM

Russ will be in his sixth season when he's 25 years old!

I'm thinking 18/11/5 is possible next year

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#253 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,599 posts

Posted January 29, 2017 - 11:29 AM

I'm thinking 18/11/5 is possible next year

Maybe...it depends on Russell and Ingram. If they breakout, Randle's ppg won't be that high.

#254 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,571 posts

Posted January 29, 2017 - 11:37 AM

I don't know how you guys have time to watch other NBA teams regularly. Other than the lakers, I started watching every golden state gamethis season and the spurs( instead of raptors in last 2 season) and I barely have time to do so.

watching Durant, kawhi, pop and green is super fun. Green is the heart of golden state other than Durant, who is starting to become a mixture of green and himself into one player.

Edited by Ventiquattro, January 29, 2017 - 11:38 AM.

#255 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,599 posts

Posted January 29, 2017 - 11:54 AM

I don't know how you guys have time to watch other NBA teams regularly. Other than the lakers, I started watching every golden state gamethis season and the spurs( instead of raptors in last 2 season) and I barely have time to do so.
watching Durant, kawhi, pop and green is super fun. Green is the heart of golden state other than Durant, who is starting to become a mixture of green and himself into one player.

I try to watch every team at least 2-3 times a season. I watch pretty much every Suns and Lakers games, if they play at the same time I watch the Lakers but I record suns games as well. I also watch a good amount of OKC and Toronto. If none of those teams happen to be playing, I'll throw on a random game.

Edited by kidpolean, January 29, 2017 - 11:59 AM.

#256 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,762 posts

Posted January 29, 2017 - 12:53 PM

Wow. ^

Every Suns and every Lakers.

Thats some rough chit

• LACAS likes this

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#257 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,444 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 29, 2017 - 01:34 PM

I agree. It's two types of people on this board. Glass half full and people who are the glass half empty type. All I ever said was the posters who are heavily optimistic make it seem like the others are crazy. It says something when damn near every lakers analyst and reporters are saying the same things I said. Hell they asked Brian and Andy K right before the Jazz game if this team was better than last years. Brian's exact words were if you would've asked me that a couple months ago the answer would've been easy to give but now not so much. Ramona and John said the same thing. He asked her Thursday or Friday if she saw anyone on this team being the face of the franchise she said NOPE fast as hell.

The "glass half full" people realize there is no quick fix to our situation and even if we never develop a franchise player from our young core we really don't have much of a choice and blindly complaining about it won't change anything.  And when pressed for realistic solutions that could improve the team most of the "glass half empty" people simply don't respond or they offer up some delusional lopsided trade in the Lakers favor.     

Edited by lakerfan98, January 29, 2017 - 01:35 PM.

#258 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,262 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 29, 2017 - 01:57 PM

I try to watch every team at least 2-3 times a season. I watch pretty much every Suns and Lakers games, if they play at the same time I watch the Lakers but I record suns games as well. I also watch a good amount of OKC and Toronto. If none of those teams happen to be playing, I'll throw on a random game.

What do you think about Chriss and Bender?

I know Bender doesn't even get alot of playing time for some odd reason.

#259 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,588 posts

Posted January 30, 2017 - 10:47 AM

Bring back Hibbert.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#260 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,571 posts

Posted January 30, 2017 - 11:03 AM

Bring back Hibbert.

Mitch proves yet again how impotent he is. Letting go of one of the best centres at defending PnR is just stupid.

We need players that fall on the floor consistently; Showing what it means to put everything on the court. Hibbert did his job. Oh well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users