#1 goldrodd

goldrodd

Rookie

• 16 posts
  • Name:dwan fulwood
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted August 30, 2016 - 08:42 PM

I know you think I'm crazy but I see Randle as part of a package to bring the Lakers next Superstar Anthony Davis...Why you say.....NBA is a star driven ...L.A. is a star town. We need the Unibrow....Losing Randle will hurt but Davis has a better over-all game and should match well with Ingram. Nick Young and L. Deng because we need to free up salary for 2017 free agents and Young well you know that story.  We need Monty aka Mojo with this deal.  Russel pg  Clarkson sg  Ingram sf Nance pf  Davis c

#2 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,232 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 30, 2016 - 08:59 PM

Hmm..you should try that on NBA2K.

• JGuez likes this

#3 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,372 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted August 30, 2016 - 10:48 PM

WTF is Mitch doing? Why hasn't this been done yet??/?

mefnirV.gif

• Jackson and JGuez like this

#4 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,062 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted August 31, 2016 - 06:36 AM

Well for one we have no issue when it comes to needing salary for FA's next year. Currently projected on basketballinsiders that we will have around 31 mill in space. Plenty for a max if needed. There is also a few other things they can do to increase it if need be. 

Secondly, there is no situation at this time where a trade of Randle, Deng(who we cant even trade yet), and young would get us Anthony Davis. Look at what we had to give up for dwight howard. We would need that package plus more.

#5 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 197 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 09, 2016 - 08:10 PM

I absolutely agree that Laker culture is all about having the best players, but the the absolutely only way Anthony Davis is becoming a Laker would be to part with Ingram and Randle, and our first round pick for the next two seasons.

And there is absolutely no way that we should give up that much for Davis.

And keep in mind, if we didn't have Brandon Ingram, there would be no way at all we'd have a path to Anthony Davis. We can throw the entire team and all our draft picks and all our cash, and it still wouldn't be enough.

Two superstars that are actually attainable: Kevin Love and Chris Bosh. And it may be something to the tune of Randle plus our 1st round pick in next year's draft, plus another minor throw in. Laker culture is about getting the best players, but it's also about keeping players with a future - with the longest amount of peak years left. Love and Bosh don't have a lot of peak years left. 

I'll stick with Randle over giving him up and more to get one of those two.

Edited by dbtbandit67, September 09, 2016 - 08:11 PM.

#6 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 2,734 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 10, 2016 - 02:00 PM

If all goes well we won't have a pick in next years draft.  

#7 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 2,676 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted September 21, 2016 - 12:02 PM

Randle is the only Brute we have.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users