#41 Biggums

Biggums

I Do Work

• 411 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:kobe / glen rice

Posted November 29, 2016 - 07:01 AM

dayum ^^^ lol

show is awesome. I too am annoyed with the tech workers who have been so easily swayed. 

• Busty Bluth likes this
Posted Image
SPurs Suck

#42 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,511 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 29, 2016 - 09:29 AM

I bailed after 2nd ep.

Thought it boring and poorly written

I've been intrigued since the pilot. I love the concept and that was enough to keep me watching season 1. The writing is ok, nothing special so far. The story can feel a little redundant. The looping back and all, but the looping isn't quite what most think it is. The acting is pretty damn good throughout. It has boring moments where your mind drifts, most shows do. Every week I look forward to westworld. What are you watching now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#43 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,188 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 29, 2016 - 12:57 PM

I've been intrigued since the pilot. I love the concept and that was enough to keep me watching season 1. The writing is ok, nothing special so far. The story can feel a little redundant. The looping back and all, but the looping isn't quite what most think it is. The acting is pretty damn good throughout. It has boring moments where your mind drifts, most shows do. Every week I look forward to westworld. What are you watching now?

Favorite new show is THIS IS US.

Told in several time periods with a fantastic cast (including the dude who played darden in oj series on fx) and absolutely stellar writing imo.

Easily my favorite series since Breaking Bad

• Busty Bluth likes this

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#44 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,511 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 09:05 PM

Favorite new show is THIS IS US.

Told in several time periods with a fantastic cast (including the dude who played darden in oj series on fx) and absolutely stellar writing imo.

Easily my favorite series since Breaking Bad

Thanks for answering. I've seen that show advertised.

#45 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,188 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 29, 2016 - 10:53 PM

^

Also Mandy Moore in it.

She's amazing.

Should nab a best actress emmy nod

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

• 43,104 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 11:23 PM

^ I've always liked Mandy Moore.

• Busty Bluth likes this

yo.

#47 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,101 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 30, 2016 - 10:24 AM

I bailed after 2nd ep.

Thought it boring and poorly written

I have been watching this faithfully, but I am starting to agree with you. However, could just be my hate for the one sub plot. 

The twist of Bernard being based on Arnold was correct, and also the MIB is definitely Billy without a doubt. For example, when Billy killed all those guys they has small moving parts in their body, that is not how host are made anymore. MIB also said that to a host before that they used to be a bunch of small intricate parts but were changed for money sake.

The Mauve story line is very stupid, but I like the idea it could be a part of Ford's plan. I think it makes sense it is part of the new story though because there is no way in hell Ford would not have recognize what Mauve has done and changes to her core code. This is the freaking creator of these things you don't think he monitors all these things? Even in the first episode Bernard said Ford still goes over every line of new code written to check it. 

If they kill Ford I am done with the show. I do not see how anyone could be rooting for the AI in this show. What Mauve is doing is the exact reason in the real world people should release AI Is the biggest threat to the Human species not each other. I will rejoice with glee if she walks out front and just blows the hell up. lol

I have no clue what season 2 of this show will entail. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, November 30, 2016 - 10:24 AM.

• Busty Bluth likes this

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#48 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 868 posts
  • Name:Matthew
  • Fan Since:Born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 30, 2016 - 12:49 PM

Don't call me billy

#49 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 868 posts

Posted November 30, 2016 - 12:52 PM

I agree philly, the mauve story line is stupid and I find it hard to believe that no one has seen what she is doing unless it's part of Fords plan
  • PhillyLaker24 likes this

#50 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,776 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 04, 2016 - 10:19 PM

Damn the whole thing really came together there. What a cliffhanger.

#51 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 868 posts

Posted December 04, 2016 - 10:22 PM

Damn that was awesome!!!

The william/m.i.b plan, mauves whole story line most likely was part of fords plan, m. I. B. Wanted being happy that he was shot by a host and it hurt.

#52 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,511 posts

Posted December 05, 2016 - 08:06 AM

Has to be a new land next season right?

#53 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,511 posts

Posted December 05, 2016 - 08:08 AM

Did you see that scene with the snake lady after the credits

#54 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 868 posts

Posted December 05, 2016 - 12:11 PM

Yeah I did

I think we are going to see other "worlds" next year, cuz mauves daughter is in a different world or park world.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#55 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,101 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 05, 2016 - 04:27 PM

Not sure where the show can go from here. Ford went from being a maniacal genius to a suicidal idiot. (unless that was a host? but that trick has gotten old fast) What started as an edgy show with good twist and interesting story has become a half baked philosophical blunder. Then again this is probably why the show is beloved by so many people, lets them think they are deep or involved in some sort of critical thinking. 

I will give the 2nd season a chance, but the show seems to be no more than AI vs Humans at this point. There is a westworld so I guess there is a eastworld which would be for the samurai.

I am not even sure what the show means by free either. Humans are no more than bio-mechanical puppets to our brains, which is no different than a host being told what to do by code. The only difference is humans arbitrarily get the luck of the draw where host are specifically programmed to act that way. And was Fords whole idea to bring about the end of the human species after Arnold passed? Said he always liked a good story.

I'm just glad Vikings is back on lol 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, December 05, 2016 - 04:28 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#56 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,511 posts

Posted December 06, 2016 - 12:09 PM

Sucks waiting till 2018.

#57 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts
  • Name:Jorge Negrete
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 03, 2017 - 08:13 PM

Watched The Andromeda Strain 70's movie out of nowhere on Sunday. Then started looking into other works by or based on Michael Chrichton and came across Westworld.

Watched the Westworld 70's movie soon after and really enjoyed it. Fell in love with that Western theme park for adults concept, actually. If possible I'd pay the 40 grand a day fee to stay there for some time myself lol

Then switched up to the HBO show soon after that and watched about 4 episodes in a row early in the morning and wrappped up the series by watching the last 6 episodes last night.

Really enjoyed the series as well. Fun twists and turns. Kept me entertained the whole way. I want the show to stay at Westworld. Have always loved Westerns and it's not something I find to be well done or to my liking these days. They got the setting right and all of its intricate details.

Side note, almost immediately fell in love with Dolores lol. God damn Evan Rachel Wood is beautiful.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#58 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,511 posts

Posted January 04, 2017 - 08:25 AM

Watched The Andromeda Strain 70's movie out of nowhere on Sunday. Then started looking into other works by or based on Michael Chrichton and came across Westworld.

Watched the Westworld 70's movie soon after and really enjoyed it. Fell in love with that Western theme park for adults concept, actually. If possible I'd pay the 40 grand a day fee to stay there for some time myself lol

Then switched up to the HBO show soon after that and watched about 4 episodes in a row early in the morning and wrappped up the series by watching the last 6 episodes last night.

Really enjoyed the series as well. Fun twists and turns. Kept me entertained the whole way. I want the show to stay at Westworld. Have always loved Westerns and it's not something I find to be well done or to my liking these days. They got the setting right and all of its intricate details.

Side note, almost immediately fell in love with Dolores lol. God damn Evan Rachel Wood is beautiful.

Great post ace. Definitely would pay to play around in that world too. I like westerns and wouldn't mind if they stick to the same local in season 2. I personally would take the story to another setting/ level. There was also a movie after westworld called future world. If you ever want another good western drama try Deadwood. It's 3 seasons and definitely worth the watch.

• ace™ likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users