#1 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,647 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 25, 2016 - 02:30 PM

I saw the preview for this show the other day. Looks interesting. A lot of actors I like (including my favorite Anthony Hopkins).

https://en.m.wikiped...rld_(TV_series)

• -Wade- and DanishLakerFan like this

Pau Gasol is GONE

#2 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 25,728 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted August 25, 2016 - 06:24 PM

Been excited for this one too.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#3 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 14,396 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 25, 2016 - 06:38 PM

Just watched (for the 10th time) the original movie and it's sequel "Futureworld" the other day.  I was wondering when they'd get around to re-hashing this story.

#4 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 5,874 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted August 27, 2016 - 01:41 AM

Just watched (for the 10th time) the original movie and it's sequel "Futureworld" the other day.  I was wondering when they'd get around to re-hashing this story.

10X????

Thought those kind of numbers were only reserved for Shawshank, Back to the Future and maybe When Harry Met Sally, Caddyshack and Stripes

Edited by kball, August 27, 2016 - 01:42 AM.

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Hockey stick growth curve for Randle, D'lo, Nance and Clarkson ASAP) 2. Miracle Trade (Lakers need a top 10 player...or maybe 2 to compete w bigboys) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Ingram and Zubac getting playing time and impacting games)

READY FOR SEASON!

#5 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 2,734 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted August 27, 2016 - 10:03 AM

Looks really cool.  GOT has been carrying HBO for a while now while a lot of their other shows have been duds.  With the amount of money they're sinking into this it really needs to be a hit for them.    

#6 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 25,728 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 10:33 AM

Looks really cool.  GOT has been carrying HBO for a while now while a lot of their other shows have been duds.  With the amount of money they're sinking into this it really needs to be a hit for them.    

What duds?

#7 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

• 2,734 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 11:16 AM

What duds?

The network is fine don't get me wrong.  They still have original movies and docs plus Bill Simmons and Jon Stewart on the way.  True detective season 2 was awful.  Vinyl was entirely average and it's not surprising it was cancelled.  Ratings are slipping from some of their other shows like Girls but GOT is such a ratings monster that the network as a whole doesn't really care.  That's what I mean when I say GOT is carrying them.  Vice Principles is okay but it's definitely no Eastbound and Down.  The Leftovers is an interesting show but nothing that's going to bring in new viewers.  HBO is hoping that Westworld is their next mega hit and they've sunk a ton of money into it.  If it doesn't bring in big ratings for them people will get fired.      

#8 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

• 2,734 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 11:20 AM

Since Boardwalk Empire ended they don't have a legit #2 show.  Piracy is a big problem with GOT being so big.  HBO GO doesn't even have 1 million subscribers.  

#9 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 25,728 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 11:55 AM

What duds?

The network is fine don't get me wrong.  They still have original movies and docs plus Bill Simmons and Jon Stewart on the way.  True detective season 2 was awful.  Vinyl was entirely average and it's not surprising it was cancelled.  Ratings are slipping from some of their other shows like Girls but GOT is such a ratings monster that the network as a whole doesn't really care.  That's what I mean when I say GOT is carrying them.  Vice Principles is okay but it's definitely no Eastbound and Down.  The Leftovers is an interesting show but nothing that's going to bring in new viewers.  HBO is hoping that Westworld is their next mega hit and they've sunk a ton of money into it.  If it doesn't bring in big ratings for them people will get fired.      

Since Boardwalk Empire ended they don't have a legit #2 show.  Piracy is a big problem with GOT being so big.  HBO GO doesn't even have 1 million subscribers.  

I think the leftovers is amazing and vice principals is a funny dark comedy. Vinyl needed a bigger star. No offense to Bobby C. No way true detective season 2 could've succeeded. Season 1 was untoppable. They rushed it trying to ride the popularity and couldn't live up to expectations. I give credit for not going back to the season 1 characters and tainting things. Even though that might've been more successful. The Night Of has a lot of buzz and good reviews. My whole thing is it's not gloomy at HBO. They aren't desperate for a hit. They are fine and still producing the best shows on tv. Westworld has had its share of problems, sometimes you never know.

#10 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

• 2,734 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 01:38 PM

Forgot about The Night Of lol.  I'm 4 episodes in and it's pretty good.  Stand by the rest though.  You don't have to take my word for it.  It's pretty well known that HBO is in a bit of a funk currently.  

#11 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 5,874 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 02:31 PM

Veep is pretty damn good.

• lakerfan98 likes this

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Hockey stick growth curve for Randle, D'lo, Nance and Clarkson ASAP) 2. Miracle Trade (Lakers need a top 10 player...or maybe 2 to compete w bigboys) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Ingram and Zubac getting playing time and impacting games)

READY FOR SEASON!

#12 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 25,728 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 05:21 PM

Forgot about The Night Of lol.  I'm 4 episodes in and it's pretty good.  Stand by the rest though.  You don't have to take my word for it.  It's pretty well known that HBO is in a bit of a funk currently.  

If you see it as a funk fine. I don't.

#13 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 25,728 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 05:22 PM

Veep is pretty damn good.

And Silicon Valley.

• 43,067 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 08:30 PM

^ Would've been more interested if they'd have been smart and kept Milana Vayntrub AKA AT&T girl on the show.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

yo.

#15 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 25,728 posts

Posted August 28, 2016 - 09:31 AM

^ Would've been more interested if they'd have been smart and kept Milana Vayntrub AKA AT&T girl on the show.

True

#16 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

• 2,734 posts

Posted August 29, 2016 - 10:44 AM

Compared to everyone else HBO is still the best.  I'm comparing their recent success to their past success lol.  It's like saying the 2009 Lakers aren't as good as the 2001 Lakers.  It's a good problem to have.  

#17 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 5,874 posts

Posted August 29, 2016 - 11:54 AM

Not to mention Last Week Tonight and Real Time w Bill Maher.

2 shows i would hate to be without more than about any other in any category

• lakerfan98 likes this

READY FOR SEASON!

#18 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 25,728 posts

Posted September 28, 2016 - 07:39 AM

This Sunday don't you forget.

#19 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 14,396 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 28, 2016 - 07:17 PM

I enjoy unusual stuff kball.

And I remember watching Westworld when I was a kid, dug it then, still do now.

#20 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 25,728 posts

Posted October 03, 2016 - 09:51 PM

Watching the movie answered a few questions I had. I really liked the first 40 minutes, after the snake bite it loses steam. Enjoyed the pilot and concept. The piano covers were a little out of place but I loved them. Wonder if the seasons could change worlds. Westworld, roman world medieval world. Having GOT might not let them explore that. Or Rome for that matter. Jurassic world. ya neva know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users