29 replies to this topic

#21 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,153 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 04, 2016 - 12:21 PM

I dont have the attention span to do basketball fantasy.  Football is much easier and less maintenance

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#22 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 731 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 04, 2016 - 04:44 PM

https://www.facebook...49178598565672/

#23 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,372 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted August 05, 2016 - 10:55 AM

I like to think I have a good sense of humor so I find videos, gifs, memes like this funny.  Even though I'm passionate as a Laker fan I don't take anything too seriously.  What I find hilarious though is that the point of videos like this is to actually shame the Lakers.  To add to what Jody said the other day in reality the NBA universe does not revolve around the Lakers.  Perception on the other hand is quite different.  Like if Aliens landed on Earth and you had to explain the NBA landscape to them I think they'd be a little confused Lol.              

#24 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,487 posts

Posted August 08, 2016 - 11:51 AM

It's likely going to be Warriors @ Cavs for Christmas. Can't find the source to back this up, but Silver wants to start a new tradition of a Christmas Day finals rematch, with the winner getting HCA. Think it was after LeBron complained about always being on the road for Christmas.

Hoping for Thunder/Warriors opening night. OKC or Oakland, idc, it's going to be crazy.

Here we go.

Warriors at Cavs for Christmas, OKC @ Warriors November 3rd, KD returns February 11. Can't wait.

#25 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 261 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 09, 2016 - 08:10 PM

Westbrook re-signing with OKC is one of the boldest moves by an NBA player in a very long time.

When the gimmicks ran dry, LeBron and his squads cut and run. Scared little men. 

Westbrook re-signing is the boldest thing to be done in the NBA since Kobe vowed to win a championship in L.A. without Shaq.

#26 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 10, 2016 - 01:07 PM

All Russell did was extend himself an extra year.  He's giving OKC this year and the next to put him in a position to win a championship or he's bouncing too.  But giving himself essentially a two year deal ensures he doesn't get any of the backlash. 

That is unless he is putting up those 25/7/8 numbers while shooting 35% from the field and 25% from three.   Then he'll start to hear the whispers. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#27 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,153 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted September 24, 2016 - 07:10 AM

I think we should stop speaking on what player's motivations are.  We dont know if he want so to leave or not.  He could very well want to play in OKC forever and they still have good talent on that team as he could walk to next offseason.  

It was also a bit of than a 1 year extension.  The salary for this coming season was also increased to max level of this season.  It's the same thing Harden did.  His max was bumped to the new max for the coming years.  

All Russell did was extend himself an extra year.  He's giving OKC this year and the next to put him in a position to win a championship or he's bouncing too.  But giving himself essentially a two year deal ensures he doesn't get any of the backlash. 

That is unless he is putting up those 25/7/8 numbers while shooting 35% from the field and 25% from three.   Then he'll start to hear the whispers. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#28 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,538 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 26, 2016 - 12:29 AM

He still has options as do the Thunder.

I think the Heat would be a good franchise for Westbrook

#29 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,059 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 26, 2016 - 05:37 AM

or Spurs

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#30 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,715 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted October 30, 2016 - 08:23 AM

BBIQ why the Heat? They seem lost and the Bosh issue doesn't help either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users