• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,344 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 27, 2016 - 10:33 AM

Story going online now from our own @kevinarnovitz reports that the Clippers have begun to investigate potential new arena sites in L.A.

NBA sources say Clippers are actively exploring sites for new arena. One area that interests: Westside. Staples Ctr lase runs thru 2024.

Good.

• -Wade- likes this

#2 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 27, 2016 - 11:11 AM

Balmer opening Salvo just trying to get a more favorable longer term lease deal i think.

• LakerGeezer likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#3 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,982 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 27, 2016 - 12:14 PM

Is it true that the Clippers are the third best tenant behind the Lakers and then the Kings?

#4 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,903 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 27, 2016 - 12:46 PM

Balmer playing the leverage game?

#5 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,475 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted July 27, 2016 - 01:58 PM

No complaints here. ^ _ ^

• Majesty likes this

LeGj1r3.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

#6 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white🍞& an 🍊

• 8,759 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted July 27, 2016 - 02:29 PM

the clippers need to Investigate finding a New Wheelchair for Paul Pierce next season

pierceretire.jpg

• Busty Bluth, HQLLYWQQD and lakerfan98 like this

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#7 M.X.M.

M.X.M.

@WeCarpeDiem

• 3,982 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted July 27, 2016 - 02:54 PM

Finally. 

Maybe move out of LA as well. 

IG: @WeCarpeDiem 

Twitter: @WeCarpeDiem

#8 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts

Posted July 27, 2016 - 03:08 PM

Is it true that the Clippers are the third best tenant behind the Lakers and then the Kings?

I once asked a guy at a Staples center merch kiosk if clips merch sold more than Lakers lately?

He said it went 

1. Kings

2. Lakers

3. Clips

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#9 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,063 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted July 27, 2016 - 05:05 PM

By L.A., do they mean Seattle?

Honestly, they don't belong in L.A. whatsoever.  The organization is constantly doing whatever it can to get out of the shadow of the Lakers but then turn around and do everything they can stay as close as possible to them.  It's nonsense.  The fact that they're not down in Anaheim is beyond me.  Tapping into two new markets (OC and to a further extent San Diego county) within the previously untapped (by the NBA) market of Orange County, all while separating from the Lakers and establishing your own identity.

If they're not in Anaheim, they belong in Seattle.

• Busty Bluth and HQLLYWQQD like this

#10 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,764 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted July 27, 2016 - 05:35 PM

If only they'd move outta LA.

• Mr Terrific likes this

EyMlHkX.jpg

#11 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts

Posted July 27, 2016 - 07:16 PM

Couldnt disagree with this sentiment more. (^ most comments in thread)

Maybe when they were owned by Sterling.

But they are now an important part of the fabric of LA. Theyve proven themselves a good organization that wants to win and offers a less expensive option than the lakers while being 20-30 games a season better than the lakers.

LA is better with them. More jobs, more business around downtown.

Maybe its time to look beyond your personal allegiance and look to the good of the greater community? 

I hope they stay

Edited by kball, July 27, 2016 - 07:17 PM.

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#12 Chick Stern

Chick Stern

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Big 4: West/Kareem/Magic/Kobe

Posted July 27, 2016 - 08:35 PM

They should just move to Anaheim

"You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good."

--Jerry West

#13 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,590 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted July 27, 2016 - 09:26 PM

They should move to bermuda triangle

#14 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,819 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted July 27, 2016 - 10:11 PM

can it be 2025 already

2div

#15 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,247 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 27, 2016 - 11:25 PM

Wouldn't be surpirsed...

Only reason being is because their tickets are literally dirt cheap.  DIRT

#16 fido

fido

• 15,063 posts

Posted July 28, 2016 - 03:19 AM

It's over-saturating a market that doesn't need it.  I am looking for the greater good of a community.  Orange County and/or Seattle could definitely use the jobs.  The same concessionaires that work the Lakers games also often work the Clippers games.  It's not like there's new crews in house for their games and events.  Anaheim or Seattle could use the extra jobs and work much more than L.A. needs two teams.

They're the third tenant in a building that was initially built for two.  They're extra baggage that complains about being the extra baggage.  Despite their performance the last three season they remain behind the Lakers in ratings and television viewership.  Move to a new venue and that will change.  They're not in the largest shadow in the basketball world. Time to vacate.

Go to Anaheim, it makes far more sense than being the permanent second fiddle in L.A..

• Majesty likes this

#17 I still miss OTR

I still miss OTR

└ABenchOnA?UEST

• 170 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Devean George

Posted July 28, 2016 - 06:13 AM

Finally. 

Maybe move out of LA as well. 

"The Clippers aren't going anywhere, ever!" Ballmer said. "I will die owning the Clippers in L.A."

Source: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17156916/owner-steve-ballmer-exploring-sites-new-los-angeles-clippers-arena

"Heroes come and go, but Legends live forever..."

hz9dnEm.png

facebook.com/BenchOnAQuest

#18 fido

fido

• 15,063 posts

Posted July 29, 2016 - 12:32 AM

"The Clippers aren't going anywhere, ever!"

Finally something I agree with Ballmer about, the Clippers are indeed never going anywhere.

• Majesty, BasketballIQ and Navidballack like this

#19 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,764 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted August 12, 2016 - 01:49 PM

Here's a thought.....Extend the arena search to the Seattle area!

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#20 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,764 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted August 12, 2016 - 01:51 PM

It's over-saturating a market that doesn't need it.  I am looking for the greater good of a community.  Orange County and/or Seattle could definitely use the jobs.  The same concessionaires that work the Lakers games also often work the Clippers games.  It's not like there's new crews in house for their games and events.  Anaheim or Seattle could use the extra jobs and work much more than L.A. needs two teams.

They're the third tenant in a building that was initially built for two.  They're extra baggage that complains about being the extra baggage.  Despite their performance the last three season they remain behind the Lakers in ratings and television viewership.  Move to a new venue and that will change.  They're not in the largest shadow in the basketball world. Time to vacate.

Go to Anaheim, it makes far more sense than being the permanent second fiddle in L.A..

Ballmer is OCD...once he finds a lost cause, he will fight tooth and nail to fit his square peg into that round hole. This is why he eventually got ousted at Microsoft.

I think he's got it into his head that he can make the Clippers the varsity team in LA.

Edited by kray28, August 12, 2016 - 01:53 PM.

• fido likes this

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clippers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users