Photo

Kevin Durant joins Warriors on 2yr/$54.3m

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#141 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,398 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:08 PM

Again, how is it fun watching one team slaughter every one and destroy any competition in the league?

cbflqxdmeofsoxjyn6wiziljo1_500.jpg

2000-01-los-angeles-lakers-roster.jpg

I2001lakers-postseason-record-15-1-30-4-p

I've enjoyed it plenty. 

Especially 1999-2000 when if Kobe wasn't injured to start the season the Lakers may have beaten the Bulls record back then and the Warriors would have been chasing them, but we finished with 67 wins instead sadly.  

Or the next season when we went 15-1 in the playoffs dropping 112 ppg while holding opponents to 98 ^_^  One of the greatest ORtg to DRtg differentials in NBA history :)      

I've enjoyed it loads, and if Durant had come HERE and WE were the team that just came off the finals I wonder who here would be calling him the names they have, or wishing injury on him.   

It's the Warriors time, and Jerry West did what Jerry West does.  HIS phone call with Durant made all the difference.   Just like it did with Shaq.

Edited by Majesty, July 04, 2016 - 08:10 PM.

• Windu,    , K-Kris and 2 others like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#142 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,398 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:12 PM

I would tend to agree with Fido.  I dont like this but the last CBA essentially created it.  Barring injuriries, this is a 2 team league now.  I dont see anyone in the East that can challenge Cleveland next year.  The Spurs are the only team in the West now that will even be competitive with GSW.  So much for parity.  Glad our competitive window wont really open for another 3 years, alot will change.

Amazingly enough in 3 years I hope the Warriors are like the aging Celtics nearing the end of their run of dominance and we're the young upstart team trying to knock them off till we do.   That would be such a sweet feeling.     

We should be focusing on building THAT team over the next 3-4 seasons so that we can get that moment.  

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#143 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,627 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:35 PM

In 3 years,

Russell + Ingram > Curry + Durant

fXlFKv8.gif

#144 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,162 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:46 PM

Amazingly enough in 3 years I hope the Warriors are like the aging Celtics nearing the end of their run of dominance and we're the young upstart team trying to knock them off till we do.   That would be such a sweet feeling.     

We should be focusing on building THAT team over the next 3-4 seasons so that we can get that moment.  

In 3 years Curry is 31, Klay is 29, KD is 30, and Green is 29. That's still prime age. And since they're all playing off each other, that may even extend their career. 

So I'm not sure where this 3 year timeline is coming. And by that, I don't mean they're winning 6 straight championships. But they will be a threat for a very long time. 

#145 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,162 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:46 PM

In 3 years,

I hope this is sarcasm. 

#146 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,467 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:49 PM

Like others have said in here, I think it is a blessing in disguise that the Lakers are rebuilding now while the Warriors and Cavs are the super teams. Because it takes off the pressure of trying to built a GREAT team in an instant. And when teams try to built a championship caliber team as quickly as possible, sometimes they get too greedy and get the wrong pieces. Now of course, you don't want to wait too long but the key is to be patient and acquire the correct pieces.

• Majesty likes this

#147 ArabicMamba

ArabicMamba

All-Star

• 5,855 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:53 PM

In 3 years,

i hope so too

Lakers 4 Life. Cologne, Germany. 

#148 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 10,209 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:53 PM

In 3 years,

No.

#149 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,058 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:56 PM

I'm still shocked by this.

Sports, even more so at the professional level are about competition and trying to overcome obstacles. Allowing your mind to take your body to another level that feels impossible but accomplishing it anyway.

I never thought I'd say this but KD is a loser. Anything he wins on this team will never really hold as much weight versus had he chosen pretty much any other route.

Think about it. Say he wins 3 rings, people will always say "Yeah well he joined the 73 win GSW team (that he lost a 3-1 lead to mind you). There's no doubt in my mind that this is how he'll always be remembered.

I'm not even salty about it because the Lakers weren't winning soon and I assumed GSW was most likely to win next season anyways. So it's not as if I'm mad that the Warriors are going to win now.....I had pretty much accepted like most people that this was their window for a good amount of time.

I'm really just disappointed to see and athlete I looked up to and respected take the easy way out. He doesn't have a competitor mentality at all and I guess that's how I and the majority of people will always remember him.

• Massacre, LakeShow805, K-Kris and 2 others like this

#150 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,162 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:10 PM

KD is really living up to his "Mr. Unreliable" headline a few years back. 

#151 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 10,209 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:14 PM

I'm still shocked by this.

Sports, even more so at the professional level are about competition and trying to overcome obstacles. Allowing your mind to take your body to another level that feels impossible but accomplishing it anyway.

I never thought I'd say this but KD is a loser. Anything he wins on this team will never really hold as much weight versus had he chosen pretty much any other route.

Think about it. Say he wins 3 rings, people will always say "Yeah well he joined the 73 win GSW team (that he lost a 3-1 lead to mind you). There's no doubt in my mind that this is how he'll always be remembered.

I'm not even salty about it because the Lakers weren't winning soon and I assumed GSW was most likely to win next season anyways. So it's not as if I'm mad that the Warriors are going to win now.....I had pretty much accepted like most people that this was their window for a good amount of time.

I'm really just disappointed to see and athlete I looked up to and respected take the easy way out. He doesn't have a competitor mentality at all and I guess that's how I and the majority of people will always remember him.

^ Agree with all of that. For me, KD's been my guy since his Seattle days. Outside of Kobe, I haven't followed or taken a liking to any player as much as Durant.

Now, he's literally coming to play his home games a few blocks down the street from where I live, but I just can't bring myself to root for him the same way I did. I think he took the easy way out, anyone who says otherwise is delusional. He's essentially bandwagoning on a team that is the favorite to win with or without him. What's the accomplishment in that? And on top of it, you abandon your teammates who went to battle with you against them? I can't bring myself to support that. It's not as if the Thunder are a lottery team. They're the 2nd best team out West!

Overall, just a questionable move. Yeah, you're going to win some rings, but you took the easy way out to join an all-time team and contradicted everything you've supposedly believed in your entire career. Don't know if we will ever see Slim Reaper KD again, but hey like I've said, it's hard for anyone to turn down that package he was getting.

/rant

Edited by Massacre, July 04, 2016 - 09:15 PM.

• JGuez, K-Kris and Clutch Factor like this

#152 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 10,209 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:18 PM

Lol far from a Thunder fan, but I feel for them just thinking about this. Must be a terrible feeling. Nothing against that city or the fans due to their [expletive] of an owner, they love their team and they loved KD so I know this is tough for them.

Must be what Sonics fans felt like.
  • Majesty and Clutch Factor like this

#153 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,058 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:25 PM

Now, he's literally coming to play his home games a few blocks down the street from where I live, but I just can't bring myself to root for him the same way I did.

lol dude I used to root for him a ton but then the past few years I would root against OKC purely because I was hopeful that in some unlikely way he'd sign with the Lakers after this contract.

Obviously over the past year (and maybe a little longer actually) I realized that wasn't going to happen and for the first time a couple days ago I was super stoked that he'd go back to OKC so I could simply root for him again. Now I don't get to do that. :-/ 

• Massacre and Clutch Factor like this

#154 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,162 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:25 PM

Lol far from a Thunder fan, but I feel for them just thinking about this. Must be a terrible feeling. Nothing against that city or the fans due to their [expletive] of an owner, they love their team and they loved KD so I know this is tough for them.

Must be what Sonics fans felt like.

Probably the most loyal fans. One of my friends is an OKC fan, and she has been super depressed. No hate whatsoever, just disappointment because KD had always talked about having a legacy in OKC and whatnot. 

#155 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,162 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:26 PM

lol dude I used to root for him a ton but then the past few years I would root against OKC purely because I was hopeful that in some unlikely way he'd sign with the Lakers after this contract.

Obviously over the past year (and maybe a little longer actually) I realized that wasn't going to happen and for the first time a couple days ago I was super stoked that he'd go back to OKC so I could simply root for him again. Now I don't get to do that. :-/ 

Wow, it's like you read my mind and posted my exact thoughts, man. 100% agree.

#156 ツ  

ツ  

Test12

• 6,180 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:26 PM

I hate Lebron and adored KD but this is worse than the 2010 Decision imo. The Thunder were a Finals worthy team.

9QBrl.gif

• 43,951 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:46 PM

You guys act like it was such a sure thing and even now it still isn't. There aren't ever any guarantees.

Besides Warriors didn't win the championship, they lost. Cleveland would've and should've still been favorites.

Warriors weren't even a 73 win team in the whole playoff run. They were hardly dominant at all.

They are still in the West. Slightly tougher perhaps than the East as the gap isn't what it used to be, but still, more mileage and harder path overall through the 82 games and playoffs than Cleveland in the East easily.

If the Warriors would've actually won the whole thing, there's no way Durant would've went there and if he did, it would've been a million times worse. He is the piece now that can maybe put them over the top again. Warriors didn't have a guy like and around the size of LeBron and now they do. Curry/Kyrie, KD/LeBron. Better matchup now.

yo.

#158 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 10,209 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:57 PM

I rooted for them to lose to the Spurs because I believed it would push KD out. Once they advanced and we saw how potent him and Westbrook were becoming as a duo, I'll be the first to admit it...I put my Thunder hat on. That feeling only grew after they stole game 1 in Oakland. Durant is such a likable player, it's hard to root against guys like him. It's a shame there will be such a negative feeling about him by all fans (outside of GSW), but at the end of the day, he made his choice and the one that he believed was right for him. I'm the last person to ever call someone out for that, no matter how much I dislike it.

With all that said, I can't freakin' wait for the Finals. I've never said that less than a month after the previous Finals ended, but this one? It's going to be special. LeBron wants that 2nd one for the Land, KD wants his first, Curry and his guys want revenge. Too excited and I'm praying its competitive.
  • JGuez likes this

#159 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,991 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 04, 2016 - 10:37 PM

You guys act like it was such a sure thing and even now it still isn't. There aren't ever any guarantees.

Besides Warriors didn't win the championship, they lost. Cleveland would've and should've still been favorites.

Warriors weren't even a 73 win team in the whole playoff run. They were hardly dominant at all.

They are still in the West. Slightly tougher perhaps than the East as the gap isn't what it used to be, but still, more mileage and harder path overall through the 82 games and playoffs than Cleveland in the East easily.

If the Warriors would've actually won the whole thing, there's no way Durant would've went there and if he did, it would've been a million times worse. He is the piece now that can maybe put them over the top again. Warriors didn't have a guy like and around the size of LeBron and now they do. Curry/Kyrie, KD/LeBron. Better matchup now.

warriors were up 3-1 in the finals. They don't need durant. curry wasn't 100% healthy clearly. Puff piece kissin' KD's ass. KD is a bandwagoner and pulled a sorry move. I don't really have to rationale form his perspective because i'm not him.. time is money.. and I don't like wastin' my time watchin a top 3 player join another top 3 player, potentially top 5 player in Green *look at his ratings across the board* and a top 15 player in Thompson after he failed 3-4 times in a row. It was a sorry move. 

ap1.png

#160 L4K

L4K

Off The Bench

• 1,576 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 04, 2016 - 10:56 PM

People will get over this like they got over LeBron signing with the Heat. These players have the right to choose which teams they want to play on and 20 years from now do you think people are going to remember the fact that KD went to the Warriors or that he's a multiple-time champion and MVP?

That Warriors team is going to be a lot of fun to watch next year and for many years to come.

•     likes this

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users