Photo

Kevin Durant joins Warriors on 2yr/$54.3m

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

• 43,091 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:52 AM

I'm sure KD was well aware of all the fallout that would come from this, but it looks like he's eager of embracing the villain role. Just instill that Kobe killer mamba mentality on the court and [expletive] the rest.

yo.

#42 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,474 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:53 AM

This is what makes the NBA so predictable and boring. I literally didn't have any interest in these last Playoffs except Spurs/OKC, OKC/GSW, and GSW/Cavs. 

Still knew it was going to be GSW/Cavs in the Finals. 

Not a fan at all of these superteams. Even if it was the Lakers (I'm more mad at the vetoed CP3 trade because of the negative chain of effects that occurred after, not so much of not having assembled our own superteam). 

Seems like that Kobe/Jordan mentality is no more. 

#43 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Hall Of Fame

• 8,982 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:54 AM

Can't wait to see them lose again next year 

"Friends come and go but banners hang forever."  - Kobe Bryant

#44 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,130 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:55 AM

Guessing the pain from losing in finals for Warrior fans is all but gone already.

Like only 2 weeks!

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#45 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,873 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:56 AM

Um us. At least real Laker fans. Green bastards Boston Celtics?

Yeah but we're bad right now. 

The Celtics still wouldn't have been good enough.

He just joined a 73 win team....

#46 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,719 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:58 AM

See what I tell yaw! Now the Warriors will be illegal. #2k

#47 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,719 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:59 AM

Can't wait to see them lose again next year 

he just lifted the curse

•     likes this

#48 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,114 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:59 AM

The saltiness is real.  But the truth is KD got tired of waiting through OKC's "one more year!" mentality. 

KD wants to win championships and is about to head into the last few years of his prime, the injury ridden years he had in OKC meant time was of the essence for him to win a championship.  Giving OKC another chance just wasn't in the cards because it's always been an 'in the cards' situation and KD got tired of waiting.  Them not getting anything really back from Ibaka(Oladipio isn't enough) and not signing Horford were also likely factors. 

KD now becomes the 1a option behind Curry and I predict a few finals MVP's from him. 

The narrative changes.    He just single handedly changed Golden State's 3 year run into a 5-6 year run.   if healthy, that team will be the next 3-peat dynasty since the Kobe-Shaq Lakers.    Jerry West has done it again.

I'm going to see just how good this team can be next year, or if Kerr blows it.    

Klay Thompson now gets that '2nd superstar' responsibility eased up on him, and will be the off ball sniper while most of the offense will go through KD and Curry.  Draymond Green is gonna likely average a near triple double.    

At the end of the day though it will be KD and Steph's team, and in the Finals if that team is healthy I expect KD to be the one that takes Finals MVP should they win.  

Like I said, Lakers need to get to the start of building a team that's gonna knock off Golden State 4 years from now, so that our rise is synonymous with their fall and exit of their primes.   That's the team we have to become. 

Edited by Majesty, July 04, 2016 - 10:04 AM.

•     likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#49 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,580 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted July 04, 2016 - 10:00 AM

This is what makes the NBA so predictable and boring. I literally didn't have any interest in these last Playoffs except Spurs/OKC, OKC/GSW, and GSW/Cavs. 

Still knew it was going to be GSW/Cavs in the Finals. 

Not a fan at all of these superteams. Even if it was the Lakers (I'm more mad at the vetoed CP3 trade because of the negative chain of effects that occurred after, not so much of not having assembled our own superteam). 

Seems like that Kobe/Jordan mentality is no more. 

The NBA has always had stacked teams, and the ratings were consistently higher when stacked teams existed.

You may feel that way, but you're in the minority. Sure, college basketball or the NFL has "parity", but the game itself is boring and dull, so who cares? 

#50 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,474 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 10:00 AM

I also think the comparisons people are making to LeBron are way off base.

1) Does anyone remember how terrible of an organization Cleveland was, and how they weren't able to assemble a competitive team around LeBron at all? And when he left for the Heat, he joined his friends and a potential dynasty, not a 73-9 win team that had won a ring before and possibly two rings in a row had LeBron not showed up. 

2) He didn't join a team that he lost a 3-1 series lead in which a lot of the blame could be placed on him. 

3) LeBron didn't have arguably one of the best PG's in his prime by him. 

-----

The part where I said the Cleveland organization is terrible -- they still are lol. They were lucky to get multiple #1 picks which ended up in Kyrie and an asset for Love, but those moves did prove Cleveland may actually be focused on winning. And even when LeBron left back for Cleveland (even with the thought of joining a superteam), it was a lottery team he joined. 

Edited by Clutch Factor, July 04, 2016 - 10:17 AM.

• Busty Bluth and JGuez like this

#51 martin90

martin90

Off The Bench

• 1,558 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 04, 2016 - 10:06 AM

^^ well but the first time he joined two allstars in his prime, is similar and nobody discuss Lebron's career for that.

•     likes this

#52 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,090 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 04, 2016 - 10:07 AM

Anyone that is gonna give KD flak or discredit him for this decsion just is clueless. The principal is the same between KD doing this and what Lebron did. They realized where they were at they couldn't win a championship and then left for a team that was better equipped. Doesn't matter if he left to join the monsters from space jam or the harlem globetrotters the idea is the same plain and simple.

Lebron did this TWICE and is now talked about as the best ever by some. This won't tarnish KD's legacy at all. It is a shame that players like to just join up and start super teams though. Not a fan of the move but if we are gonna say what the obvious choice for KD was it was to join the warriors. They have a team that can 3peat lets see what happens. 

•     and Majesty like this

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

• 43,091 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 10:07 AM

Weren't able to assemble a competitive team at all? Please don't post straight up lies.

Those teams won over sixty games or close multiple times. Were first place best record in the East multiple times. It wasn't until he realized Boston's super team was too much so he made one himself and joined an already champion in Wade.

yo.

#54 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,580 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted July 04, 2016 - 10:09 AM

I think if the media and fans weren't so stupidly obsessed with RINGZZZZZZZZZZZZZ as the only thing that matters when we discuss American athletes we would see less of this as well.

#55 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,422 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted July 04, 2016 - 10:10 AM

I don't care at all. I wish LeBron lost this year though. Would've been fun seeing him go to the Spurs.

It's a fantastic time to be a rebuilding team in the NBA
  • PhillyLaker24 likes this

#56 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,474 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 10:13 AM

The NBA has always had stacked teams, and the ratings were consistently higher when stacked teams existed.

You may feel that way, but you're in the minority. Sure, college basketball or the NFL has "parity", but the game itself is boring and dull, so who cares? 

Obviously not all 16 teams in the Playoffs are going to be competitive. But there always a sense of mystery to it back then -- like the 8th seeds knocking down the 1st speed (Grizzlies/Spurs). 

There were always favorites of course (even though teams like the Mavs in 2011 countered that). But not an arguably top 2 player joining a 73-9 team that he faced in the WCF. That's an entire other level of "stacked" we have here. 

I'm not sure how I'm in the minority when 26+ other teams and fans probably feel the same way. 

#57 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,474 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 10:14 AM

Weren't able to assemble a competitive team at all? Please don't post straight up lies.

Those teams won over sixty games or close multiple times. Were first place best record in the East multiple times. It wasn't until he realized Boston's super team was too much so he made one himself and joined an already champion in Wade.

Are you serious? What happened to those 60+ win teams when LeBron left? It was LeBron's greatness that even gave those Cleveland teams a chance. 

Edited by Clutch Factor, July 04, 2016 - 10:27 AM.

#58 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,296 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted July 04, 2016 - 10:17 AM

He was so impressed with the Clippers pitch lmao.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#59 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,114 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 04, 2016 - 10:18 AM

The New Era of basketball has just begun.    This is now the Warriors league even more so, and it's gonna be about teams like the Timberwolves and HOPEFULLY the Lakers on the come up trying to knock them off.    

Gonna be an interesting next 5 years.  Love it or hate it, the Warriors will be must see TV this year, and if they make the finals vs The Cavaliers it will break all the box office records even more than the last one did. 

• PhillyLaker24 likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

• 43,091 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 10:18 AM

LeBron was the same guy who made most of the moves there. Hes always been the gm and had that kinda power. He literally owns the city so if you wanna blame somebody, blame him, not the fo. They're mostly just puppets. Every decision has to be green lit and okd by the real owner LeBron. Gilbert just writes checks.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users