• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#21 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,804 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:19 AM

Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!

7:09 AM - 16 Jul 2010

• Mr Terrific and kball like this

• 43,105 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:20 AM

he ain't cut from that cloth. Lost major respect. You can't take the challenge so you run from it.

Sounds like someone who just won the title. Hmmm.

yo.

• 43,105 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:21 AM

LOL OH SNAP! Warriors are winning the Finals next year for sure now.

Lmao. I called it literally. What did I say in the FA thread? Nailed it. Haha
  • -Wade- likes this

yo.

• 43,105 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:22 AM

45]
Kevin DurantVerified account@KDTrey5

Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!

[expletive] it. Been six years since. That's too much time wasted. He saw that LeBron kept getting a pass cuz apparently winning cures almost all and esp. by media so why the [expletive] not?
  • flota likes this

yo.

#25 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,465 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:24 AM

Sounds good on paper Twitter.

• lonlyamongus likes this

LeGj1r3.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

#26 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 14,767 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:26 AM

So pissed off about this.

The CBA was laser focused for the Heat and Lakers to not get super teams together while apparently having no problem with everyone else doing so.  The NBA is so backwards on so many things.

Ridiculous that Durant is in ring chasing mode already at his age, smacks of desperation.  Of course he can do what he wants, but lost a lot of respect for Durant today.  Stephen A. Smith is on the money with his analysis of Durant's weak decision.  I hope the same hate for LeBron people have goes to Durant, he deserves nothing but ire.

Oh well, whatever, next year is a waste of time yet again.  Same teams good, same teams bad - and it'll be that way for a long time to come.

• 43,105 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:26 AM

I literally just posted this exact sentiment in the FA thread one minute prior to you.

That's when I knew.

I posted it first than both of you so screw y'all. Lol jp. I mean I did, but yeah..

yo.

#28 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,465 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:29 AM

I posted it first than both of you so screw y'all. Lol jp. I mean I did, but yeah..

psychicCalifornia-2.gif

:glasses:

LeGj1r3.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?

#29 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,873 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:30 AM

I don't think anyone (except the fans of OKC) would have cared if he chose any place but the Warriors.

Edited by JGuez, July 04, 2016 - 09:30 AM.

#30 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:32 AM

If the NBA is really worried about super teams all they need to do is eliminate the max contract or up the percentage of money that a max contract player can get. Simple.

The last CBA was supposes to stop stars colluding but the max contract is what enables it in the first place.

#31 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight! The Falcons Got Turned Into Atlanta Fried Chicken

• 8,627 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:33 AM

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#32 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,465 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:35 AM

So pissed off about this.

The CBA was laser focused for the Heat and Lakers to not get super teams together while apparently having no problem with everyone else doing so.  The NBA is so backwards on so many things.

Ridiculous that Durant is in ring chasing mode already at his age, smacks of desperation.  Of course he can do what he wants, but lost a lot of respect for Durant today.  Stephen A. Smith is on the money with his analysis of Durant's weak decision.  I hope the same hate for LeBron people have goes to Durant, he deserves nothing but ire.

Oh well, whatever, next year is a waste of time yet again.  Same teams good, same teams bad - and it'll be that way for a long time to come.

I agree with you fido. What ever happened to the intent of so-called "player sharing" / revenue sharing as stated by the NBA here?

LeGj1r3.png

#33 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,804 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:36 AM

If the NBA is really worried about super teams all they need to do is eliminate the max contract or up the percentage of money that a max contract player can get. Simple.

The last CBA was supposes to stop stars colluding but the max contract is what enables it in the first place.

I heard one suggestion that would let teams give just one player a unlimited max contract.

#34 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 4,838 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:36 AM

damn....

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

• 43,105 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:37 AM

I don't think anyone (except the fans of OKC) would have cared if he chose any place but the Warriors.

Um us. At least real Laker fans. Green bastards Boston Celtics?

yo.

#36 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,465 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:40 AM

Adrian Wojnarowski Verified account @WojVerticalNBA

Process w/ Durant and Golden State players has been ongoing for months. They sold him on winning multiple titles together, easing Curry load

It will be interesting to see how they are able to play together.

LeGj1r3.png

#37 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,198 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:42 AM

:)

•     likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

• 43,105 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:42 AM

At least Durant won't have to worry about all those wide open air balled threes by Roberson anymore and almost strangling him at times.

yo.

#39 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,804 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:47 AM

If u can't beat um join um 1f914.png

• MrKnowItAll likes this

#40 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Hall Of Fame