• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#1 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 8,165 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 07:43 AM

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 6m6 minutes ago

Kevin Durant will sign a two-year deal with the Warriors at $54.3 million, league sources say, with a Player Option for Year 2

http://www.theplayer...y-announcement/

This has been by far the most challenging few weeks in my professional life. I understood cognitively that I was facing a crossroads in my evolution as a player and as a man, and that it came with exceptionally difficult choices. What I didn’t truly understand, however, was the range of emotions I would feel during this process.

The primary mandate I had for myself in making this decision was to have it based on the potential for my growth as a player — as that has always steered me in the right direction. But I am also at a point in my life where it is of equal importance to find an opportunity that encourages my evolution as a man: moving out of my comfort zone to a new city and community which offers the greatest potential for my contribution and personal growth. With this in mind, I have decided that I am going to join the Golden State Warriors.

I’m from Washington, D.C. originally, but Oklahoma City truly raised me. It taught me so much about family as well as what it means to be a man. There are no words to express what the organization and the community mean to me, and what they will represent in my life and in my heart forever. The memories and friendships are something that go far beyond the game. Those invaluable relationships are what made this deliberation so challenging.

It really pains me to know that I will disappoint so many people with this choice, but I believe I am doing what I feel is the right thing at this point in my life and my playing career.

I will miss Oklahoma City, and the role I have had in building this remarkable team. I will forever cherish the relationships within the organization — the friends and teammates that I went to war with on the court for nine years, and all the fans and people of the community. They have always had my back unconditionally, and I cannot be more grateful for what they have meant to my family and to me.

Edited by Tensai, July 04, 2016 - 07:46 AM.

• -Wade- likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#2 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 2,266 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 04, 2016 - 07:47 AM

west-jerry-warriors-ecu-smile.jpg

• UKUGA, Game, Draztik and 6 others like this
Impossible is nothing.

#3 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,985 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 07:51 AM

Are the Warriors officially the enemy of the NBA?

• -Wade- likes this

#4 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,529 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 07:51 AM

:o wow...

#5 Byron

Byron

Rookie

• 65 posts
  • Name:XBOBOX
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 04, 2016 - 07:56 AM

Wow. I really believed he was going to stay in OKC

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  • JEN and kball like this

#6 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,828 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:02 AM

Brutal for them in OKC. He walks and they get nothing in return. Owie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#7 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,223 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:06 AM

he ain't cut from that cloth. Lost major respect. You can't take the challenge so you run from it.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, July 04, 2016 - 08:14 AM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#8 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,465 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:12 AM

Wow! And to think that the Warriors couldn't get any more lethal...

LeGj1r3.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

#9 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,476 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:22 AM

Insane. Good thing Lakers aren't in the contender mode right now. Would be pointless for a few years.
  • JGuez, flota, LakerGeezer and 1 other like this

#10 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,465 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:32 AM

After thinking about this for a bit...

On the one hand from Kevin Durant's perspective, I can understand where he is coming from and why he feels that move is the best for him personally. After leading the Thunder to numerous deep playoff runs and an NBA finals appearance, but still coming up short after 9 years. That's just part of business.

On the other hand from how Kevin Durant might be perceived after this, I feel that he might have lost a lot of respect from many fans across the league. To essentially choke against the Warriors in the conference Finals after leading the series 3-1, to then go and join them immediately afterwards...it almost makes me think that it is possible for Durant to get more flak than LeBron did when he first left Cleveland for Miami.

I feel for the OKC fans and also wish KD the best.

Edited by -Wade-, July 04, 2016 - 08:35 AM.
Added a qualifier to correct a typo

LeGj1r3.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?

#11 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,140 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:34 AM

wow

im so shoocked

but i dont understand the hate

he played in okc since 2008 !!! I mean guys, lets think of this.. okc is not a place to play forever there...its jujst a new fresh air for him in cali

• Julien and kball like this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#12 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,428 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:38 AM

Lost respect, major amounts. Think Jordan would have joined the Pistons? What's the point of watching when only three competitive teams next year

ap1.png

#13 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,465 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:41 AM

wow

im so shoocked

but i dont understand the hate

he played in okc since 2008 !!! I mean guys, lets think of this.. okc is not a place to play forever there...its jujst a new fresh air for him in cali

I agree with you, from KD's perspective it is reasonable to feel like change might be needed after coming up short for nearly a decade.

At the same time, there are going to be some people who unquestionably lose respect for a player whose new idea of winning consists of team-hopping instead of continuing to grind and build a better team at your home.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the team-hopping strategy.

LeGj1r3.png

#14 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,336 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:46 AM

Once he had the phone call with Jerry West, I knew it was a done deal.  Just felt that way.

Rings incoming.

• Majesty and flota like this

#15 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,476 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:52 AM

"The BasedGod" wants to speak,As life unravels and superstars make decisions that change lifes, welcome home KD the curse is lifted - Lil B

• -Wade-, Majesty and flota like this

#16 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,465 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:56 AM

"The BasedGod" wants to speak,As life unravels and superstars make decisions that change lifes, welcome home KD the curse is lifted - Lil B

LOL OH SNAP! Warriors are winning the Finals next year for sure now.

LeGj1r3.png

#17 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,452 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:00 AM

Once he had the phone call with Jerry West, I knew it was a done deal. Just felt that way.

Rings incoming.

I literally just posted this exact sentiment in the FA thread one minute prior to you.

That's when I knew.

#18 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:08 AM

good.

Clay Bennett is a fat worthless weasel who never deserves to see his team win a godamn thing. I'm gonna laugh when Westbrook walks next year

#19 M.X.M.

M.X.M.

@WeCarpeDiem

• 3,853 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:09 AM

He had a phone call with Jerry West? Sources?

IG: @WeCarpeDiem 

Twitter: @WeCarpeDiem

• 43,775 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 09:13 AM

Are the Warriors officially the enemy of the NBA?

Maybe, but one thing's for sure, enemy or not, beloved or not, they should be the most nationally televised for damn sure.
  • -Wade- likes this

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users