3668 replies to this topic

#3341 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,301 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 06, 2017 - 10:30 AM

I don't any reason for this team to trade for a star player b/c outside of 2 of them they won't contend anyway and it would still require them to add after the fact. 

Lakers are in the best position to actually be losing games.  Not for tank purposes but taking their lumps now when the end result is they can't compete with the top 2-3 teams no matter how good they play. 

But while iffy, this team has also shown it can beat playoff teams occasionally if it plays hard and defends...

GS

Hou

OKC

Mem

Clips (though without cp3 and Blake)

Chi (bubble)

etc

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#3342 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 22,784 posts

Posted January 08, 2017 - 11:55 PM

I think we have a shot at the 8th seed. And I've gotta be honest if they pull it off that'd be pretty damn impressive. Sure we'd get swept but the experience itself would be worth it. Russell, Randle and Ingram could all shoot 20% and it still would be beneficial

Now what it would also show is that the lakers have a better handle on building a roster than Minnesota, on paper they seem to be doing the same thing, but they aren't

The lakers knew they had youth just like the wolves but they knew one really important thing which is that you have to surround them with vets so that the youth is relied upon but doesn't have the entire burden. also the on court stabilization has been huge for us.
  •     likes this
Posted Image

#3343 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,192 posts

Posted January 10, 2017 - 10:27 PM

Just in...Cousins plans to extend with Sacramento this summer.

No surprise.

#3344 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,392 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 10, 2017 - 10:46 PM

No surprise.

He's a head case but he will be a 200 mill head case with No chance at a ring unless he's traded

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, January 10, 2017 - 10:56 PM.

#3345 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,201 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 10, 2017 - 10:46 PM

No surprise.

I refuse to believe that. Cousins can't be that crazy.

#3346 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,392 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 10, 2017 - 11:02 PM

Report: DeMarcus Cousins will sign $207 million “designated player” contract if Kings offer https://t.co/g1a5FEaAL7

#3347 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 1,967 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted January 10, 2017 - 11:20 PM

Lol you'd be crazy not to take that kind of money... you take the money first then force a trade if they don't improve the team
  • JGuez, Jody Smokes and kball like this

#3348 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,452 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 11, 2017 - 07:04 AM

Contrary to believe wealth > rings and changing teams has NEVER guaranteed a ring.  It's nearly an 80M dollar difference on the same years.  This is why drafting is going to be so important going forward. 

• JGuez likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#3349 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,201 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 11, 2017 - 11:14 AM

The kings are a horrible organization. No amount of money would get me to stay. Cousins is crazy. He should go to Toronto.

#3350 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,301 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 11, 2017 - 11:48 AM

^

Think I heard Kings have 2nd longest playoff drought in West.

Minny w longest

Edited by kball, January 11, 2017 - 11:48 AM.

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#3351 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,192 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 02:41 PM

This is a couple of days old, but it comes from Woj. The Lakers were one of the teams who were interested in trading for Millsap.

We could be pursuing him this summer if the interest is still there.

Edited by Massacre, January 11, 2017 - 02:45 PM.

#3352 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 2,964 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted January 11, 2017 - 02:43 PM

This is a couple of days old, but it comes from Woj. The Lakers were one of teams who were interested in trading for Millsap.

We could be pursuing him this summer if the interest is still there.

I don't see it happening. Our front court is pretty full

#3353 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,192 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 02:47 PM

I don't see it happening. Our front court is pretty full

I don't know how it would work. Millsap cuts into Nance Jr. and Randle's PT, and I don't think Luke would dare playing him at the 5.

But it comes from Woj, so it has credibility. Just hard for me to figure out how it would work. I think the gap between Millsap and LNJ/JR will continue to get smaller as we go into next season.

Edited by Massacre, January 11, 2017 - 02:47 PM.

#3354 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,873 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 03:02 PM

Said it in the other thread in relation to Westbrook but this Cousins news (assuming it's true) is just more proof that teams need to draft well going forward.

Stars are not leaving their teams if the team is willing to offer the max. Which....every team will have to offer their stars the max because if they don't, other teams will. 

New CBA is designed to keep stars on the team they're currently with and the odds of any of these guys leaving are becoming incredibly low. The amount of money they'd have to give up just so they could choose the team they're on is way too much money now. 

Yeah....winning is great but so is making millions of dollars to play basketball.

#3355 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,129 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 11, 2017 - 03:11 PM

Said it in the other thread in relation to Westbrook but this Cousins news (assuming it's true) is just more proof that teams need to draft well going forward.

Stars are not leaving their teams if the team is willing to offer the max. Which....every team will have to offer their stars the max because if they don't, other teams will. 

New CBA is designed to keep stars on the team they're currently with and the odds of any of these guys leaving are becoming incredibly low. The amount of money they'd have to give up just so they could choose the team they're on is way too much money now. 

Yeah....winning is great but so is making millions of dollars to play basketball.

Anyone else think the signing of Moz and Deng is even more whatever now?  Stars aren't leaving their teams and we can afford expensive role players while our young guys are still on their rookie deals.  Having a ton of cap space in 2018 seems pointless now.  Maybe it always was lol     

Edited by lakerfan98, January 11, 2017 - 03:12 PM.

#3356 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,047 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 03:51 PM

Anyone else think the signing of Moz and Deng is even more whatever now?  Stars aren't leaving their teams and we can afford expensive role players while our young guys are still on their rookie deals.  Having a ton of cap space in 2018 seems pointless now.  Maybe it always was lol     

It means the Lakers should invest in a super comfy chair for Hayward if he agrees to a sit down lol.

• lakerfan98 likes this

#3357 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,129 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 11, 2017 - 04:19 PM

It means the Lakers should invest in a super comfy chair for Hayward if he agrees to a sit down lol.

Would be amazing but you gotta think it's really between Utah and Boston unfortunately.  

Hopefully Utah.  Really don't want to see Boston snag Hayward and a top pick this summer.

• kball and LACAS like this

#3358 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,047 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 04:23 PM

Would be amazing but you gotta think it's really between Utah and Boston unfortunately.  

Hopefully Utah.  Really don't want to see Boston snag Hayward and a top pick this summer.

Yeah I dont think the Lakers have a chance really but ,hey, Trump became president so anything can happen.

• BasketballIQ, kball and LACAS like this

#3359 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,047 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 06:10 PM

I don't see a realistic trade for Noel.

Would any of you do Williams and a future 1st rounder?

I assume 76ers would want to unlift the protection and/or Clarkson. I wouldn't do it if I were Mitch.

#3360 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,452 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 11, 2017 - 06:33 PM

You probably have never played with any real money either.  Easy to say that when you know making that type of money isn't a realistic thing. 

The kings are a horrible organization. No amount of money would get me to stay. Cousins is crazy. He should go to Toronto.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users