1435 replies to this topic

#1421 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 18, 2016 - 07:44 AM

THIS JUST IN: After making 2nd team summer All Star, Thon Maker announces retirement.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1422 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,430 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 18, 2016 - 08:31 AM

O NO!!! I can't believe Russell didn't have the honor of being selected for this all summer league first team consisting of future HOFers such as Alan Williams and a 25 year old Jordan Mcrae!

LMAO seriously guys?

Nobody has anything against Russell! He had no business playing that many games to begin with. He was clearly the best player on the court every game he played.

Devin Booker dominated a few games but than didn't play the rest. He could have easily put up 26 5 5 but what would have been the point?

These awards are for second year players that will never be anything special in the NBA and rookies! Russell doesn't fit either category.

Look at the players that did get voted to those teams, are those names that you want associated in any way with Russell?

I don't care about summer league all stars but I disagree with the bold part.  I think the video incident and his cockiness rubs some media folks and fans the wrong way.  I don't think anybody is out to get him necessarily but outside of Laker fans I believe he is generally not well liked.  Like bigvee said when he starts ballin it will be a hilarious 180 by everyone but until then he'll have to put up with a certain amount of vitriol.         

#1423 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,794 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 18, 2016 - 08:38 AM

I thought Zubac was solid and could have earned himself a spot somewhere. 11 points / 7 rebounds / 3 blocks at 65% overall and 82% from the free throw line (~23 minutes). 

Then again, I'm not sure how some of those other players fared and their impact on the team. But I really don't care who wins Summer League All-First/Second team or whatever. Who remembers that from even last season? 

#1424 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,437 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted July 18, 2016 - 09:03 AM

Like bigvee said when he starts ballin it will be a hilarious 180 by everyone but until then he'll have to put up with a certain amount of vitriol.

how is that any different from any other player?

Every player is viewed completely different once they become a great player.

I don't think Russell's name is big enough for people to actively be trying to sabotage his legacy. Nobody really cares about him at all.

#1425 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,982 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 18, 2016 - 09:49 AM

I clearly stated that these are for second year players that won't be anything special AND rookies!

I'm not spinning anything, I'm offering a different perspective besides this whole idea of the media hating the Lakers.

Outside of Russell, no other Laker deserved to be on that team. As I stated no other player on Russell's level is on that team and wouldn't have been regardless of how many games they played. They aren't going to vote for him because it was dumb for him to even play that much. He was playing against inferior talent and it was pretty obvious. Same as Lavine last summer league, and Booker/Mudiay this year.

They did what they should have done, which is honor the guys that were out there giving there all for a roster spot, working to develop their games, and trying to prove themselves. Those were damn pick up games at the park for Russell!

Not everything is a part of some diabolical plan to destroy the Laker franchise!

Your different perspective is cool.
Ijs.

#1426 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,792 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 18, 2016 - 10:09 AM

Maybe it'll put a chip, scratch, larger chip on the shoulder going into the regular season. 

#1427 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,430 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 18, 2016 - 11:28 AM

Laker fans can go a little overboard sure.  I don't think it's some conspiracy that he didn't make the all rookie first team or the summer league team or whatever.  But to say he's being treated the same and criticized the same as other young players is equally naive in my opinion.  

#1428 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,008 posts

Posted July 18, 2016 - 11:51 AM

The only conspiracy I kind of agreed with was when he had the game winner apparently it wasn't even a top 10 play of the day but some random pass from Ben Simmons was.

I didn't see it though, just read it on the internet so who knows if it was actually true. 

#1429 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,437 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted July 18, 2016 - 12:16 PM

Laker fans can go a little overboard sure. I don't think it's some conspiracy that he didn't make the all rookie first team or the summer league team or whatever. But to say he's being treated the same and criticized the same as other young players is equally naive in my opinion.

well he is overly cocky and got his teammate caught up in some bs.

It's not like they are targeting the guy simply because he is a Laker.

I really don't see anyone really treating him any differently though. If you act cocky and don't deliver, you will be highly criticized regardless of what team you play for.

The only conspiracy I kind of agreed with was when he had the game winner apparently it wasn't even a top 10 play of the day but some random pass from Ben Simmons was.

I didn't see it though, just read it on the internet so who knows if it was actually true.

That pass was sweet though!

Edited by kidpolean, July 18, 2016 - 12:17 PM.

#1430 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 6,177 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 18, 2016 - 06:52 PM

Holy crap, anyone watching the championship game? So many clutch shots going through.

9QBrl.gif

#1431 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 18, 2016 - 06:53 PM

Yes after the not so clutch Dimwittie plays :P 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#1432 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 18, 2016 - 06:54 PM

Denzel Valentine! :D 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#1433 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 6,177 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 18, 2016 - 06:56 PM

Valentine wins the championship at the buzzer!

9QBrl.gif

• 43,917 posts

Posted July 18, 2016 - 08:10 PM

Tyus Jones looked devastated. He really wanted it.

Also, got a kick out of seeing Thibs so emotionless after every high octane clutch sequence. He was not impressed, lol.

yo.

#1435 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 19, 2016 - 02:35 AM

Props to those who stuck w summer league after lakers got bounced.

Hardcore fans

•     likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1436 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,903 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 19, 2016 - 06:55 AM

THIS JUST IN: After making 2nd team summer All Star, Thon Maker announces retirement.

and he's now the official face of Andro 400 Max

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users