• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic

#41 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,088 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 23, 2016 - 08:42 PM

It said on draftexpress that Zubac had several stash-offers from teams earlier in the draft, but wanted to come over next season which is why he fell to 32.

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress 2 t.2 timer siden

Only reason Ivica Zubac dropped to the 2nd round is he was insisting in coming to the NBA straight away. Turned down multiple stash offers.

Actually this works good for us. We are a perfect team to develop a young center. Play him 10 minutes every once in a while and have him bounce back and forth in the d-leauge. He could be a real talent in a couple years. 

• FranklinPeanuts, Majesty, lildvl10 and 1 other like this

#42 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,391 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted June 23, 2016 - 08:42 PM

It said on draftexpress that Zubac had several stash-offers from teams earlier in the draft, but wanted to come over next season which is why he fell to 32.

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress 2 t.2 timer siden

Only reason Ivica Zubac dropped to the 2nd round is he was insisting in coming to the NBA straight away. Turned down multiple stash offers.

Thanks

#43 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 23, 2016 - 08:47 PM

If we can get him to play in the D-League the first half of the season, I see him being a pleasant surprise for us.

tenor.gif

#44 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 23, 2016 - 08:51 PM

OK, I'm kinda still shocked that the Lakers selected a Croatian player and the Celtics other (the narrative writes itself, these two guys played together this season,lol). I watched Zubac live this season a few times, I'll write down everything a bit later. He has promising upside.

Can't wait! 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

• 43,864 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 08:54 PM

That media call was one of the best things I've heard in quite a while. I hadn't enjoyed myself and laughed that hard in some time. Those Stone Cold whats got me almost every time.

Can't believe Serena Winters asking him if he had ever played with Russell. Like seriously? Considering the mood of the whole thing, maybe she just decided to slightly troll herself there.

I guess it was kinda unprofessional at times, but ohter times it was hard not to laugh. Ramona was especially enjoying herself with his Stone Cold whats.
  • Majesty likes this

yo.

#46 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,088 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 08:55 PM

Lakers would like Zubac to be at summer league.

#47 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 6,177 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 23, 2016 - 08:55 PM

I find it funny how this pick has gotten more attention than Brandon Ingram's thread.

9QBrl.gif

#48 PurpleNgoldBanners

PurpleNgoldBanners

Rookie

• 45 posts
  • Name:Jonjon
  • Fan Since:The popcorn machine

Posted June 23, 2016 - 08:56 PM

I don't necessarily understand drafting. There's a possibility he may not make the roster? If he gets sent to the d-league he can get called up by any team?

#49 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 08:59 PM

I don't necessarily understand drafting. There's a possibility he may not make the roster? If he gets sent to the d-league he can get called up by any team?

Lakers can sign him to protect from that...even if it's unguaranteed, other teams can't sign him or call him up, not without us trading his draft rights.

• PurpleNgoldBanners likes this

tenor.gif

• 43,864 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 09:01 PM

Like Bogut off the court as well, dude seems to have a cool personality.

yo.

#51 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,088 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 09:01 PM

No we can sign him and he can go back and forth. Clarkson, Kelly, Sacre, and Brown all did that. 

• PurpleNgoldBanners likes this

#52 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,738 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 09:02 PM

I see him getting minutes, regardless of free agency. He's going to be our 3rd center. If he's anything more out the gate that'd be a huge win. He's not the athlete skal and Davis were but he's very big. And he's a euro so you know he won't be skill deficient considering they actually coach fundementals over there

I think best case scenario he's our backup center rookie year, worst case he rides the bench
Has potential regardless
Posted Image

#53 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Off The Bench

• 2,200 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 23, 2016 - 09:06 PM

Great news for potential backstage episodes.

Aww man... Backstage is the best l...

• 43,864 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 09:09 PM

Shame they've never had a backstage episode on Jaime Maggio. She deserves one. She does a lot for the Lakers and their fans.

yo.

#55 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,932 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted June 23, 2016 - 09:21 PM

Big IZ

#56 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,549 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 09:32 PM

Shame they've never had a backstage episode on Jaime Maggio. She deserves one. She does a lot for the Lakers and their fans.

Definitely bring back the fans who've tuned out years ago. 

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#57 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 10:18 PM

Would have liked to pick up a backup 2 or 3 in the 2nd rnd but overall, I can't complain about this draft.  Ingram was a huge get but Zubac is nothing to sneeze at either.  It's like we nabbed 2 first rounders, both at positions of need and BPA.

People who complain about the FO can't complain about the draft...

Last 3 years

Randle/Clarkson

Russell/Nance

Ingram/Zubac...

That's pretty good.

tenor.gif

#58 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,738 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 10:22 PM

Russell and Ingram were both expected to be good. And so far Russell has followed through

But the great picks were Clarkson and nance

These were guys that had no business impacting the way they did and out of nowhere were starter level players

Those are the guys that make drafts special. When Russell succeeds it's what you hoped but when those other 2 do it's a welcome surprise
Posted Image

#59 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,504 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 10:24 PM

Russell and Ingram were both expected to be good. And so far Russell has followed through

But the great picks were Clarkson and nance

These were guys that had no business impacting the way they did and out of nowhere were starter level players

Those are the guys that make drafts special. When Russell succeeds it's what you hoped but when those other 2 do it's a welcome surprise

Scouting department has proved they know what they're doing. All the more reason to be thrilled with whoever we ended up with at 32 and fortunately Zubac looks like a legitimate first-round talent. I think he can have a solid impact if he gets minutes.

Edited by Massacre, June 23, 2016 - 10:27 PM.

#60 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,738 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 10:27 PM

Well he's a huge center with long arms and a soft touch. I have hopes that unlike hibbert, he can at least finish at the basket when one of our several play makers give him the ball. He's a welcome upgrade over sacre. I wonder if this means black is gone.

Assuming we sign 2 centers of course. Or bring back bass
  • Majesty likes this
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users