604 replies to this topic

#481 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 937 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted March 20, 2017 - 07:47 PM

The unnecessary hate for Dwight has caused him to be underrated.

#482 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,485 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 20, 2017 - 07:48 PM

What you talking about Smeagol?

Playing one on one with your sexy ass moms

Edited by BasketballIQ, March 20, 2017 - 07:51 PM.

#483 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,036 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted March 20, 2017 - 07:49 PM

Are you guys saying Zubac is a better player than Dwight? I'm not gonna pretend like I remember Howard's rookie year but Dwight as I remember him, is one of the best defensive anchors I've ever seen. He's also one of the most athletic C's I've ever seen. Zubac isn't even close! Y'all trippin.
  • Busty Bluth and Rekal like this

#484 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,485 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 20, 2017 - 07:49 PM

It's justified.

Rockets sucked with him. Lakers sucked. Hawks suck now

#485 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 8,174 posts

Posted March 20, 2017 - 08:01 PM

Zubac -

8.1 ORB% 22.1 DRB% 1.0 STL% 5.0 BLK% 10.0 TO%

Howard -

12.2 ORB% 22.2 DRB% 1.5 STL% 3.6 BLK% 16.1 TO%

fXlFKv8.gif

#486 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,036 posts

Posted March 20, 2017 - 08:02 PM

Zubac -
8.1 ORB% 22.1 DRB% 1.0 STL% 5.0 BLK% 10.0 TO%

Howard -
12.2 ORB% 22.2 DRB% 1.5 STL% 3.6 BLK% 16.1 TO%

Is that rookie year?

Dude you gotta watch players play. You have no clue how Howard actually impacted the game that year on the defensive end.

Edited by kidpolean, March 20, 2017 - 08:03 PM.

#487 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 8,174 posts

Posted March 20, 2017 - 08:04 PM

Is that rookie year?

Dude you gotta watch players play. You have no clue how Howard actually impacted the game that year on the defensive end.

I remember this one.

fXlFKv8.gif

#488 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,036 posts

Posted March 20, 2017 - 08:07 PM

I remember this one.

https://www.youtube....h?v=3SXSRlyR8bU

really? OK

Edited by kidpolean, March 20, 2017 - 08:08 PM.

#489 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,092 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 20, 2017 - 08:56 PM

Are you guys saying Zubac is a better player than Dwight? I'm not gonna pretend like I remember Howard's rookie year but Dwight as I remember him, is one of the best defensive anchors I've ever seen. He's also one of the most athletic C's I've ever seen. Zubac isn't even close! Y'all trippin.

It's Tensai... what did you expect.

Dwight is easily one of the most athletic Centers this league has ever seen.  Obviously his offense in terms of footwork and touch never reached a high enough level to rank him a an offensive force, however, he's still one of the best rim protectors and rebounders in a long time prior to his injury and outburst in Orlando.  

Zubac is still very very raw.  He has one of the softest touches I've seen out of a big man prospect in a long time and the skies the limit in that area, but his defense and mobility will likely never be that of Dwight.  

A prime Dwight basically single handedly carried that Orlando team to the Finals, beating out the Celtics Big 3.  Hate Howard all you want, but in his prime, he was one heck of a player.

Edited by LakeShow1o1, March 20, 2017 - 09:03 PM.

• kidpolean likes this

#490 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Off The Bench

• 2,200 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 20, 2017 - 08:58 PM

Maybe there's a bit of facts on that statement but the reality is. He never got better. Each year all you see is the same thing and now that he got older. He just can't over power people.

#491 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,036 posts

Posted March 20, 2017 - 09:59 PM

Maybe there's a bit of facts on that statement but the reality is. He never got better. Each year all you see is the same thing and now that he got older. He just can't over power people.

In his prime he was by far the best C in the NBA. He's 100% an NBA hall of famer.

We are talking about a 3x defensive player of the year!

#492 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,203 posts

Posted March 20, 2017 - 11:36 PM

Ya zubac ain't Dwight lol. Wtf is this. Zubac is better than Dwight. You mean the guy who carried his team to the finals on defensive/rebounding brilliance alone. Before his back injury he was dominant. He controlled games defensively

Zubac has potential. And maybe he becomes a top 5 center in the NBA. MAYBE. But Dwight was a 3 time DPOY and earned it.
  • Busty Bluth, bfc1125roy and kidpolean like this
Posted Image

#493 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 8,174 posts

Posted March 20, 2017 - 11:40 PM

Where did anyone compare Zubac to prime Dwight?

fXlFKv8.gif

#494 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,203 posts

Posted March 20, 2017 - 11:51 PM

Where did anyone compare Zubac to prime Dwight?

So let me get this straight

Rookie zubac to rookie Dwight is a legitimate comparison

But 2nd year Russell to 2nd year harden isn't?

You seem to make a living on picking and choosing when consider certain things valid and others not.
  • Majesty likes this
Posted Image

#495 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 8,174 posts

Posted March 20, 2017 - 11:55 PM

Literally no one argued a prime Dwight vs. Zubac. You are the one jumped at it with unnecessary dpoty argument (which didn't happen until much later in 2009).

I don't see what Harden has to do with it. Are you saying Russell - Harden makes sense so Zubac - Howard also makes sense? I don't get your argument.

fXlFKv8.gif

#496 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,800 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 21, 2017 - 05:27 AM

Is Zu even in his prime

Yea, I didn't read all the previous post

#497 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,036 posts

Posted March 21, 2017 - 05:33 AM

Literally no one argued a prime Dwight vs. Zubac. You are the one jumped at it with unnecessary dpoty argument (which didn't happen until much later in 2009).

I don't see what Harden has to do with it. Are you saying Russell - Harden makes sense so Zubac - Howard also makes sense? I don't get your argument.

My problem is that you are a Laker fan so I seriously doubt that you even remember Howard's impact as a rookie. You are comparing stat lines and using that to determine who was better. This makes no sense considering the fact that Dwight was known for his defense and a lot of what he did doesn't show up on a stat line or in the box score.

This is also a bad comparison because Dwight was an elite athlete and because of that, he had the ability to become a type of player that Zubac couldn't.

The Gasol comparison is fine but comparing him to Dwight makes no sense. It's like comparing rookie Westbrook to Russell.

#498 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 8,174 posts

Posted March 21, 2017 - 05:51 AM

Again, you are the only one arguing that. Then, you also alone complain about it. It is like you are having monologue with yourself.

Not sure what you are doing to be honest. Quite strange.

This kid is way better than Dwight... Dwight is more athletic and stronger but Zu has a better touch around the rim with more moves. Like the other guy said, Dwight has 3 signature moves and that was it. When he played for the Lakers, all i saw was him getting stripped off of the ball each time he makes that turn around post move. Look at the history.

You responded to this post (which compared their offense only) by only quoting the bolded part. You even said you are taking it out of context.

I really hope you are either being sarcastic or I'm taking this out of context somehow.

Again, when nobody argued who was the better player overall, you brought up the defense which escalated the argument.

Read the posts Lightsoutwilly posted.

You don't have to agree with me but weather you like it or not I'm entitled to my opinion. You can sit there all night long thinking about Dwight being better than Zu but all I'm saying was. This kid Zu has more post moves than Dwight in his 1st year in the NBA. Tell me 5 different moves that Dwight can do right now.

Again, literally no one argued prime Dwight vs. Zubac. Nor anyone suggested Zubac is a better defensive player. If you check the previous page, their offense in rookie years were compared and people rightfully pointed out Dwight paid little attention to his offensive game despite the fact that he was a really good athlete.

kidpolean, you really like arguing man. Like this started out of nothing.

fXlFKv8.gif

#499 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,059 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 21, 2017 - 07:08 AM

This. He was the best player on a Finals team.  Sure they lost but they played the 09 Lakers lol. All this nonsense about his post moves.  Dude impacted games at a high level.  If Zubac can manage to impact games from a wins standpoint half a much as Dwight did we'd be ok.

Zubac has a better chance of being the next Vucevic than being the next Pau or Marc Gasol.  Until it happens Im not going to talk it up like it's a real expectation. 

Edited by Jody Smokes, March 21, 2017 - 07:11 AM.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#500 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,036 posts

Posted March 21, 2017 - 08:30 AM

kidpolean, you really like arguing man. Like this started out of nothing.

If I like arguing, then you intentionally make idiotic posts. Which I actually think that you are trolling half the time.

Dude I didn't even start arguing, I asked TWICE for clarification on what you guys actually meant before I even formed an argument. You replied by posting a stat line.

This comparison is silly even if you simply were talking about offense in their rookie season. Howard was a DEFENSIVE beast, any comparison to Howard should be about defense because that's where he impacted the game the most.

You may as well compare Zubac's offensive stats to Gobert and say he is better than him as well! Do you see how that makes no sense?

Hell we might as well say Russell is a better defender than Harden, so Russell will be better than Harden. Once again, do you see why that makes no sense?

You saying that I like arguing, isn't going to stop me from calling you out on your BS. If I say something dumb, please let me know, others do it as well.

But when you flood the forum with absolutely insane posts on a regular basis you will get called out for it.

Edited by kidpolean, March 21, 2017 - 08:32 AM.

• LakeShow1o1 and Rekal like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users