1580 replies to this topic

#1521 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,047 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 26, 2018 - 07:35 PM

TUGmv0q.png?1

All 3 will need to do shooting drills from 21ft and in. I heard there was a sort of drill that you begin from inside the arc, then take a step or two forward and hit one more, take another step forward and hit one more and so forth. Also Kuz will need to do a better job at finishing. He missed too many dunks this year.

Not a good drill.  Most shooting drills inside the arc are done off the dribble or catch, not stand still or one step forward.

For instance, a great inside the arc drill is the one where you start at the top of the key and take 1 or 2 steps forward (depending on your stride length) to catch and shoot at the FT line but you back up to the 3 before coming forward to catch and shoot again.  

Another is the C-Drill.  See google or youtube for a description...I don't want to type out 3 paragraphs to explain it.

Another is when you set up cones inside the 3, start at the baseline (opposite or same side) and sprint out around the cone to catch and shoot.  Follow your shot and layup if you miss.  You can add a head/shoulder fake at the cone to explode to the rim instead of taking the shot.

I can go on and on...but please, don't let anyone do the drill you described.  It's not appropriate for this level of basketball...rec league?  Sure...but NBA?  Nope.

I'm not trying to argue or insult you.  I just don't want anyone to waste time doing that drill expecting results.  It won't help you at all with game speed execution/efficiency.

Edited by GCMD, April 26, 2018 - 07:37 PM.

• Adam likes this

tenor.gif

#1522 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,326 posts

Posted April 27, 2018 - 05:15 PM

Explain that to Reggie Miller, I'm his messenger.

Whatever they need to do, they should do anyway.

Sent from my Lenovo YB1-X90F using Tapatalk

fXlFKv8.gif

#1523 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,526 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 27, 2018 - 10:50 PM

Kuz - Nick Van Exel
Ingram - Eddie Jones

#1524 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,526 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 27, 2018 - 10:57 PM

Really though BI at 24- 28 might have All time potential.

#1525 Aykut Purde

Aykut Purde

Rookie

• 604 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 28, 2018 - 01:12 AM

Really though BI at 24- 28 might have All time potential.

Potential is there, the question is does he have the right manners to be able to fullfil it.

Welcome Bron.

#1526 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,047 posts

Posted April 28, 2018 - 04:36 AM

Explain that to Reggie Miller, I'm his messenger.

Whatever they need to do, they should do anyway.

Sent from my Lenovo YB1-X90F using Tapatalk

I'm quite sure that Reggie did more than "1 step in per made shot" to get where he was.  Reggie was the little brother of one of the greatest female basketball players of all time (IMHO).  He worked his butt off to step out of her shadow.

You're not his messenger by any definition of the word.

Edited by GCMD, April 28, 2018 - 04:37 AM.

tenor.gif

#1527 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,326 posts

Posted April 28, 2018 - 05:03 AM

IDK, he said that during a game.

For your inquiries -> reggiemiller@uselesschatter.com

fXlFKv8.gif

#1528 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,047 posts

Posted April 28, 2018 - 05:16 AM

IDK, he said that during a game.

For your inquiries -> reggiemiller@uselesschatter.com

At least learn the basics if you're going to discuss basketball.  Actually, never mind...keep at it.  Anyone here who's played even rec league won't take it serious anyway.

Edited by GCMD, April 28, 2018 - 05:17 AM.

tenor.gif

#1529 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,172 posts

Posted May 08, 2018 - 02:06 PM

Spooky

@LakerFilmRoom
Looks like Brandon Ingram is working with skills trainer Micah Lancaster this offseason. He worked with Victor Oladipo last year. Shoutout to my people on LakersGround for the heads up on this.

Edited by Massacre, May 08, 2018 - 02:06 PM.

• Tensai likes this

#1530 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,047 posts

Posted May 08, 2018 - 06:06 PM

Getting stronger is MUCH more important for BI right now.  I think he's coming along nicely as far as skills...at 6'9 / <200lbs, I worry about durability.

• bfc1125roy likes this

tenor.gif

#1531 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,488 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 09, 2018 - 07:12 AM

Getting stronger is MUCH more important for BI right now.  I think he's coming along nicely as far as skills...at 6'9 / <200lbs, I worry about durability.

He also needs to find his perimeter jumper from college. Can't afford to attack the rim every time... especially as he will be underweight for a little while longer. 

But he needs to follow the same protocol Giannis, Durant, and AD did to put on size. Lakers should hire whoever was responsible for one of those 3. Took a few years but look at them now. 

Edited by bfc1125roy, May 09, 2018 - 07:13 AM.

• GCMD and kball like this

#1532 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,506 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted May 09, 2018 - 01:29 PM

He also needs to find his perimeter jumper from college. Can't afford to attack the rim every time... especially as he will be underweight for a little while longer. 

But he needs to follow the same protocol Giannis, Durant, and AD did to put on size. Lakers should hire whoever was responsible for one of those 3. Took a few years but look at them now.

Besides height, I see no similarities between the players you just mentioned.

#1533 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,047 posts

Posted May 09, 2018 - 03:26 PM

Giannis came in at 6'10, 205lbs in 2013.  He's now 6'11, 222lbs.  If BI gets around 220lbs, he's going to be a beast.

KD came in at 215lbs and now is around 240lbs.

I think that's what bc was talking about...putting on muscle to increase durability.  If BI becomes a better shooter, it helps to decrease the contact he takes attacking the rim.  I don't think he was comparing their talent or skillsets but I could be wrong.

• bfc1125roy likes this

tenor.gif

#1534 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,488 posts

Posted May 09, 2018 - 10:46 PM

Tall, lanky players who needed to put on muscle, and did. Not saying they are similar in any other way. Just saying he should follow their blueprint for adding mass slowly over a couple of seasons. 

• GCMD likes this

#1535 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,488 posts

Posted May 09, 2018 - 10:49 PM

Giannis came in at 6'10, 205lbs in 2013.  He's now 6'11, 222lbs.  If BI gets around 220lbs, he's going to be a beast.

KD came in at 215lbs and now is around 240lbs.

I think that's what bc was talking about...putting on muscle to increase durability.  If BI becomes a better shooter, it helps to decrease the contact he takes attacking the rim.  I don't think he was comparing their talent or skillsets but I could be wrong.

They have Giannis listed at 222, but he HAS to be more than that given his height and visible muscle, don't you think? 

Durant also looked even skinnier than 215, he's a lanky guy. 

• GCMD likes this

#1536 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,047 posts

Posted May 10, 2018 - 01:09 PM

They have Giannis listed at 222, but he HAS to be more than that given his height and visible muscle, don't you think? 

Durant also looked even skinnier than 215, he's a lanky guy. 

I agree but I can't make a credible argument by denying his reported weight.  IMHO, Giannis has to be bigger than KD just from the visual cuts and muscle tone at around the same height vs KD's less toned and cut body.  I could be wrong.

Either way, both developed their bodies to help take the beating their attack-the-rim style of play entails.  I hope Ingram follows suit.  IMHO, that will do more to make him more effective than skills training.  He's woefully thin.

• bfc1125roy likes this

tenor.gif

#1537 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,488 posts

Posted May 10, 2018 - 01:22 PM

I agree but I can't make a credible argument by denying his reported weight.  IMHO, Giannis has to be bigger than KD just from the visual cuts and muscle tone at around the same height vs KD's less toned and cut body.  I could be wrong.

Either way, both developed their bodies to help take the beating their attack-the-rim style of play entails.  I hope Ingram follows suit.  IMHO, that will do more to make him more effective than skills training.  He's woefully thin.

Pelinka and Magic challenged him and Ball to transform their bodies according to exit interviews. Let's hope he follows suit. The future of our franchise could depend on it... lol 

• GCMD likes this

#1538 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,047 posts

Posted May 10, 2018 - 05:58 PM

Pelinka and Magic challenged him and Ball to transform their bodies according to exit interviews. Let's hope he follows suit. The future of our franchise could depend on it... lol 

Literally...LOL.

• bfc1125roy likes this

tenor.gif

#1539 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,350 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted May 20, 2018 - 04:35 AM

Still chasing down unconfirmed stories of...

Ingram reportedly considering breast augmentation.

Ball a tummy tuck

• Adam likes this

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1540 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 456 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted May 20, 2018 - 05:06 AM

lmao

But what’s the word on the young lakers this offseason? Where’s Majesty and his ten thousand videos when you need em??!!!

Still chasing down unconfirmed stories of...
Ingram reportedly considering breast augmentation.
Ball a tummy tuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users