A balance is needed though
  • GCMD likes this

#1282 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 14,539 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 19, 2018 - 11:22 AM

Ingram could score 25ppg but if he did, I seriously doubt he'd be an elite TWO-WAY player which, IMHO, is much more important.  I'd rather see Ingram score in transition and off assists than in ISO while being able to play passing lanes or provide weak side shot blocking on the other end.

Scorers are a dime a dozen.

Elite 2-way players are not.

I think it would be hard to find a team that is a serious contender that doesn't have 2 very good 2-way players each.

Edited by GCMD, January 19, 2018 - 11:24 AM.

• LACAS likes this

tenor.gif

#1283 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,874 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 19, 2018 - 11:49 AM

I disagree on that.  Those guys were very much elite shot creators coming into the NBA.  Kuzma does not have the ball skills to be your offensive creator.  Ball simply isn't that type of scorer and Ingram will likely be more of a swiss army knife type than Kevin Durant elite scorer. 

OKC guys would never been able to maximize themselves long term w/o sacrifice which one reason they moved on from Harden. 

Ingram, Kuz and Ball don't do any of the same things. 

It is likely that Kuzma, Ingram, Ball will take away from what other could accomplish if they were alone. (Similar to Harden, Westbrook and Durant)

• KidRN likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1284 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,874 posts

Posted January 19, 2018 - 11:55 AM

Not to get too off topic but in hindsight they should have moved Westbrook.  Harden is clearly a smarter basketball player and I think would have meshed better with KD.  Im sure at that time there weren't chemistry issues between Russ/KD and with Harden being the 3rd man it was easier to move him than Russ. 

• LACAS likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1285 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,959 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted January 19, 2018 - 01:16 PM

Not to get too off topic but in hindsight they should have moved Westbrook.  Harden is clearly a smarter basketball player and I think would have meshed better with KD.  Im sure at that time there weren't chemistry issues between Russ/KD and with Harden being the 3rd man it was easier to move him than Russ. 

I dont think Westbrook wins a ring without altering his game which would suck because he's such a freak athlete and scorer... kinda I stress kinda reminds me of Kobe.

Edited by LACAS, January 19, 2018 - 01:22 PM.

#1286 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,874 posts

Posted January 19, 2018 - 02:00 PM

Russell Westbrook is more like young MJ that never evolved his game.  He's 29 and still plays like 22 year old MJ.  Kobe took after the more mature MJ.

I dont think Westbrook wins a ring without altering his game which would suck because he's such a freak athlete and scorer... kinda I stress kinda reminds me of Kobe.

• LACAS likes this

#1287 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 14,539 posts

Posted January 27, 2018 - 10:07 AM

Gotta find a way to get this guy some easy looks.  Lobs, screens, rubs, dives...I want to see Ingram getting shots without a hand in his face.

tenor.gif

#1288 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,225 posts

Posted January 27, 2018 - 10:30 AM

I love the way he’s scoring right now. He’s young and he’s finding his way. He’s ahead of the curve for most of this leagues better wings. He’s shooting 45% and 33% from 3. Massive improvement

He’ll get more efficient with time

The main excitement I have is that his production is ahead of the curve. He’s doing very well. Made quite the leap. I’m holding out hope for an even bigger year 3 leap
Posted Image

#1289 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 14,539 posts

Posted January 27, 2018 - 11:04 AM

I love the way he’s scoring right now. He’s young and he’s finding his way. He’s ahead of the curve for most of this leagues better wings. He’s shooting 45% and 33% from 3. Massive improvement

He’ll get more efficient with time

The main excitement I have is that his production is ahead of the curve. He’s doing very well. Made quite the leap. I’m holding out hope for an even bigger year 3 leap

ISO scoring is great when you need it.  It shouldn't be your go to.  That shows that you have a poor understanding of how to score within the flow.

Rip Hamilton and Ray Allen were masters at that.  You don't have to be expert shooters to do that...just 2 of the best off the top of my head.

tenor.gif

#1290 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,225 posts

Posted January 27, 2018 - 11:18 AM

ISO scoring is great when you need it. It shouldn't be your go to. That shows that you have a poor understanding of how to score within the flow.

Rip Hamilton and Ray Allen were masters at that. You don't have to be expert shooters to do that...just 2 of the best off the top of my head.

Yes and no. I think he’s doing both in some games, falls into just iso in others

He needs to learn a balance but I do like him getting his feet wet in iso because it’s important for every elite wing to have a reliable/ iso game but to not rely on it solely
  • GCMD likes this
Posted Image

#1291 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 14,539 posts

Posted January 28, 2018 - 04:28 PM

Yes and no. I think he’s doing both in some games, falls into just iso in others

He needs to learn a balance but I do like him getting his feet wet in iso because it’s important for every elite wing to have a reliable/ iso game but to not rely on it solely

Balance is good, balance is very good.  

Game is a lot easier to play well on both ends when you don't expend too much energy on O...we saw Kobe suffer late in games from doing too much on his own early in the game.

tenor.gif

#1292 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,758 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted January 29, 2018 - 10:35 PM

Someone on twitter suggested deng for noah, if the lakers cant unload deng at least noah would be of use and easier to trade than deng. reactions to this tweet? Lol

#1293 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 14,539 posts

Posted January 30, 2018 - 08:12 AM

Someone on twitter suggested deng for noah, if the lakers cant unload deng at least noah would be of use and easier to trade than deng. reactions to this tweet? Lol

tenor.gif?itemid=5043510

tenor.gif?itemid=4384713

• KidRN likes this

tenor.gif

#1294 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,803 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 30, 2018 - 12:41 PM

I had this thought the other day when I read about Noah and the coach arguing in practice and then i thought wtf does it matter lol.  Trade one washed up player for another?

• GCMD, bfc1125roy, lildvl10 and 1 other like this

#1295 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 14,539 posts

Posted January 30, 2018 - 03:03 PM

I had this thought the other day when I read about Noah and the coach arguing in practice and then i thought wtf does it matter lol.  Trade one washed up player for another?

Imagine going to a Free Agent meeting with LeBron and saying "Come to the Lakers so you can play with Joakim Noah"...that would be the shortest free agent meeting in modern history.

3 years ago, Noah made sense.

Today?  Nope...not at all.

• lildvl10 likes this

tenor.gif

#1296 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,959 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted January 30, 2018 - 03:11 PM

Noah... Hard pass... punt!

• GCMD likes this

#1297 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,874 posts

Posted January 31, 2018 - 07:35 AM

Im not convinced Deng is done, Noah looked washed up in his last year in CHI.  Was more surprised he got more than a year or 2 on his deal.

• lildvl10 likes this

#1298 dazz

dazz

• 1,274 posts

Posted February 03, 2018 - 05:39 PM

I'm surprised no one commented on BI's performance vs Brooklyn last night. 2 rebounds shy of a triple double. Poor shooting night but he did great at the point guard keeping Ennis & Caruso where they belong: the pine

• DeeZee and Rekal like this

2yyaypz.jpg

#1299 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,298 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 04, 2018 - 04:18 AM

Underappreciated

#1300 Aykut Purde

Aykut Purde

Rookie

• 597 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted February 04, 2018 - 09:43 AM

I'm surprised no one commented on BI's performance vs Brooklyn last night. 2 rebounds shy of a triple double. Poor shooting night but he did great at the point guard keeping Ennis & Caruso where they belong: the pine

He scores either 30 or he is trash! This is the mentality about him around this forum. He has the potential to be much more than a 20 point a game. Hell even Dwight Howard averaged 20 some seasons ago! But he can be a great all around player like PG. Lacks the athleticism to be PG level, but he can be the McCollum to our Lillard (of course PG>>>>>>Lillard but i mean in terms of playing style and athleticism)

Think about it: A peak level Paul George, with a blossoming lesser-George, who can carry some loads you don't want on PG, like rebounding or defending the opponent's go to guy. In this positionless era of basketball, it's not necessary to name either of then a 3 and the other a 4. Just let them play together, alongside Ball and a athletic big. 

I think he still has a chance to be MIP if he makes another run after All-Star break. So appreciation people, we need all we can get in these dark times!

• dazz and Adam like this

My latest game review: https://steemit.com/...-the-rescue-6-8

I am on Steemit! Writing both in english and turkish. I will try to write about Lakers, so follow me :) I also changed my name to my real name: Aykut Purde. I was nikolatesla before.

https://steemit.com/@aykutpurde

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)