Starter

• 5,450 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 16, 2017 - 12:58 PM

It’s missing the lip stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's on beast mode there. No lipstick while on beast mode.

#1265 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 19, 2017 - 07:20 AM

I respect Ingram valiantly trying to force the issue and take it to the hoop. He got owned time and time again, but kept at it. But at the same time....you need to hit freethrows when you get them. We lost last night because, once again they missed too many freethrows. The Lakers need to ask why this is an issue. I think it's a conditioning issue.

I do this drill with my son which has tremendously helped his freethrow shooting. I pass him the ball (baseline out of bounds) and then chase him fullcourt to a layup on the opposite hoop. Do it again fullcourt...full sprint max speed layup. 

Then I make him shoot two freethrows. If he misses, we repeat the drill immediately. He makes those freethrows at a 85%-90% clip.

These are pros...they need to be automatic at the freethrow line, tired/winded/exhausted or not.

Edited by kray28, December 19, 2017 - 07:21 AM.

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#1266 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 3,138 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted December 19, 2017 - 07:28 AM

Ingram has taking over the leadership of the team. Proud of him

Edited by Miggs, December 19, 2017 - 07:28 AM.

• Persian Gulf, Rekal and LACAS like this
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#1267 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,845 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted December 19, 2017 - 07:48 AM

I respect Ingram valiantly trying to force the issue and take it to the hoop. He got owned time and time again, but kept at it. But at the same time....you need to hit freethrows when you get them. We lost last night because, once again they missed too many freethrows. The Lakers need to ask why this is an issue. I think it's a conditioning issue.

I do this drill with my son which has tremendously helped his freethrow shooting. I pass him the ball (baseline out of bounds) and then chase him fullcourt to a layup on the opposite hoop. Do it again fullcourt...full sprint max speed layup.

Then I make him shoot two freethrows. If he misses, we repeat the drill immediately. He makes those freethrows at a 85%-90% clip.

These are pros...they need to be automatic at the freethrow line, tired/winded/exhausted or not.

I’m confident we’re running drills.

I’ve heard they’re making em in practice.

It might be between the ears
  • GCMD likes this

#1268 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• LN Staff
  • 11,192 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted December 23, 2017 - 03:57 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Brandon Ingram Out Tonight

Los Angeles Lakers Verified account @Lakers
2m2 minutes ago

Brandon Ingram (right quadriceps contusion and left quadriceps tendinitis) is out tonight against Portland.

#1269 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,408 posts

Posted January 07, 2018 - 09:18 PM

Ingram with Lonzo: 46.1 fg%

Ingram without Lonzo: 40.9 fg%

• GCMD and MaceWindu like this

fXlFKv8.gif

#1270 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,101 posts

Posted January 07, 2018 - 09:54 PM

His jumper is looking like it did in college. I remember when we drafted him part of the excitement was the jumper

It looks like it’s here now. He’s been hitting his jumpers relatively consistently, where he seems to falter now is when he doesn’t read the defense and forces his way into the lane
  • GCMD and Rekal like this
Posted Image

#1271 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,408 posts

Posted January 11, 2018 - 11:52 PM

Ingram has been on fire in last 4 games with Lonzo's return:

20.8 ppg 5.8 rpg 4.3 apg on 60 fg% 63.6 3p%

Similarly Lonzo has been all around great upon his return:

11.8 ppg 8.8 rpg 7 apg 3 spg on 42.3 fg% 36.7 3p%

• GCMD, MaceWindu and Rekal like this

fXlFKv8.gif

#1272 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,275 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 12, 2018 - 02:31 AM

I feel like Lonzo's numbers can be his season average next season.
Ingram wont be that efficient but pretty much the same stats moving forward.

#1273 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,503 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 13, 2018 - 08:59 PM

IMHO, Ingram and Lonzo are missing another good wing defender (PG13) and a BIG who can pass.  Add those 2 things and we are ready to roll.

Ingram REALLY needs another guy to play 2 man game with.  Pau Gasol in his prime would be perfect but I know that's not happening.

If Kyle Kuzma set better picks and helped the wings get open instead of acting like a wing ALL of the time, he and Ingram would be a very hard duo to stop...similar to Giannis and Jabari Parker (when healthy).

Edited by GCMD, January 13, 2018 - 09:01 PM.

#1274 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,101 posts

Posted January 14, 2018 - 11:17 AM

I agree. I think what these guys are missing more than anything is a stabilizing player

I had hoped Lopez and KCP would be those guys

You see it when KCP and/or Lopez play well. Suddenly the younger guys play more comfortably and have less pressure. They play looser but they’re so inconsistent that suddenly the onus falls on Ingram and ball. And that’s when it’s a flip of the coin

Add someone like George who knows how to play the game and is very consistent and I think you’ll see Ingram really play well and efficiently.

Which I will say Ingram to me is showing superstar potential. The way he’s playing the game is exceeding my expectations. The way he commands the floor. The way he can get you from everywhere but the post. When I see him drive I see potential, when I see him turn the corner read, pull up for that midrange I see THE guy

And don’t get me started on his passing which elevated him even further. I think his passing is has him potentially averaging 5-6apg in his prime

I’m starting to think he may be a guy that puts up 25ppg 8rpg 6apg.

What’s more important is I think he’s a guy that may lure people to play here
  • Adam likes this
Posted Image

#1275 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted January 15, 2018 - 04:02 AM

What’s more important is I think he’s a guy that may lure people to play here

Not sure about first. ^

Starting to feel pretty sure about 2nd.

Good call.

(How many guys in league put up 25/8/6? Offhand RW and Harden. Any wings?)

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1276 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,408 posts

Posted January 15, 2018 - 05:10 AM

It is likely that Kuzma, Ingram, Ball will take away from what other could accomplish if they were alone. (Similar to Harden, Westbrook and Durant)

fXlFKv8.gif

#1277 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,723 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 15, 2018 - 05:39 AM

I agree. Never understood those that said Ingram wouldn't be a high volume scorer. His ability to score in many ways, his improved percentages as well as his ability to get to the rim and the FT line suggest that he could drop 20, 25 or even 30 ppg at some point. 

Only two SFs get to the line more often than BI. One is Lebron. The other is Durant. He's also 10th in FG% among SFs.  

• Adam likes this

#1278 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted January 15, 2018 - 09:38 AM

I agree. Never understood those that said Ingram wouldn't be a high volume scorer. His ability to score in many ways, his improved percentages as well as his ability to get to the rim and the FT line suggest that he could drop 20, 25 or even 30 ppg at some point. 

Only two SFs get to the line more often than BI. One is Lebron. The other is Durant. He's also 10th in FG% among SFs.  

Really interesting stat Danish. And i'd argue LBJ and Durant are positionless players rather than SF.

Brandon may be as well.

I'd say offseason BI should work as much on his FT as his 3's. Maybe more. Goal of 80-85%

Easy money with how often he goes and gets to the hole.

Its becoming clear to me that Lakers should allow Ball, Kuz, and Ingram heavy minutes with different guys rest of season so they can make a pretty big jump (that most players need playoff basketball to do).

Also becoming a much bigger fan of randle and how he may fit in should the lakers offer a big contract to him.

I would think we'd need BI to become better at 3's. Ball too.

Maybe acquire someone like CJ miles or like to open up inside more for Jules

Edited by kball, January 15, 2018 - 09:38 AM.

• DanishLakerFan likes this

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1279 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,634 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted January 15, 2018 - 11:09 AM

I can see lonzo getting to 15 ppg with 7-8 apg 8 rpg 2.5 spg on 44% fg next season if he improves jumper
  • Rekal and Adam like this

ap1.png

#1280 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,723 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 15, 2018 - 08:53 PM

Really interesting stat Danish. And i'd argue LBJ and Durant are positionless players rather than SF.

Brandon may be as well.

I'd say offseason BI should work as much on his FT as his 3's. Maybe more. Goal of 80-85%

Easy money with how often he goes and gets to the hole.

Its becoming clear to me that Lakers should allow Ball, Kuz, and Ingram heavy minutes with different guys rest of season so they can make a pretty big jump (that most players need playoff basketball to do).

Also becoming a much bigger fan of randle and how he may fit in should the lakers offer a big contract to him.

I would think we'd need BI to become better at 3's. Ball too.

Maybe acquire someone like CJ miles or like to open up inside more for Jules

I think BI will be able to switch between 1 to 4, which is great. His shooting should continue to improve.

But both Ingram, Ball, Kuz and Randle could really REALLY use a few roleplayers that can knock down open shots. Clarkson and KCP simply aren't good enough.

CJ Miles would have been a solid option but he's signed for cheap on the Raptors, so i dont think he's going anywhere.

Wayne Ellington, Troy Daniels, Mirotic or even guys like Luke Babbit or Marco Belinelli would help a lot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)