Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#1182 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,336 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 06, 2017 - 06:36 AM

He's improved over last season no question, but still waiting for him to truly put a complete game together for four quarters consistently and put up at least 30.

My thinking as well. 4 quarters of being scary good both ends.

And i'd be fine him landing between 20-25 points consistently. If he can get near 80% FT BI is the guy i want with the ball if the game is close. (Cant believe im saying that!)

He may be running out of gas late in games until he gains endurance and strength.

As team is constructed now, at least we seem to have a bunch of others capable of having big quarters.

So far only a few remarkable performances entire game (Lonzo Phx, Brook a couple, Kuz)

Edited by kball, November 06, 2017 - 06:42 AM.

•     likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1183 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,729 posts

Posted November 06, 2017 - 09:40 AM

Ingram is young. I'd say most players don't know how to keep their foot on the gas all game when they're young. Ingram has the talent. He's learning. His mental growth has been insane. The way he was reading the defense in the first half was perfect. And then his physical gifts were able to take over because he was thinking quicker

The quicker players think the more their talent and physical ability show. That's why the more talented and athletic a guy is the more important the mental game is

Brandon's physical talent is through the roof. He's 6-9,6-10 and he has that insane wingspan (did you see some of those rebounds) and he's got the whole repertoire of basketball skills. Ball handling, passing, use of both hands, change of direction blah blah blah

The entire skillset and everything you want physically. Size, speed, balance agility, length, bounce

So as his mental game improves so will his effectiveness

His mistake yesterday was in the 3rd he had a few open looks on the perimeter and passed them up. Multiple. He needs to shoot those. Even if he misses. The grizzlies were giving it and he would not take it and it hurt the offense. He'll learn to take those and when they start falling along with his free throws 20-30 point games will be a regular
  •     likes this
Posted Image

#1184 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,464 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 06, 2017 - 10:18 AM

Both Ingram and Kuz will have their +30 game (or games) this season 👍
  • Saber likes this

#1185 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,591 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 07, 2017 - 02:39 AM

The thing is this very young team is learning how to play as a unit.
No player in this league nor in its history has been without flaws.
I feel comfortable with this team going forward including Randle and Clarkson.
Ingram can be the one.

#1186 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts

Posted November 07, 2017 - 12:25 PM

He's learning. But I'll say this. Last year was a whole thing of, well Ingram is worth keeping because he has so much potential

Yet he didn't really show any of it until the very end of the season

Now he's showing all of it in a sense that he has flashes. He's inconsistent but now you see the makings of something special.

If he keeps improving we may finally have 2 20 point scorers who do so efficiently in kuzma and Ingram. And that's gold. Absolute gold. With lonzo distributing that's the core.

What I like is that he started the season pressing. And it made him inefficient. However it did help him. And now he's learning to pick his spots. I'd say his learning curve has been much faster than Randle or Russell in terms of the mental game. Russell started to figure out where his spots were about halfway through year 2

Ingram seems to be moving faster. And his physical traits are undeniable

Russell still hasn't learned how to use an offense and Randle?  The jury is still out.  Ingram's benefited from forcing the issue because the game has slowed down a little for him but that doesn't mean I want him to go back to that if he hits a slump.  IMHO, Ingram's natural tendencies do predispose him to this offense...

tenor.gif

#1187 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,269 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 08, 2017 - 11:19 AM

He’s played better no denying. Don’t think he’s untouchable. Not yet. I’m still waiting to see the beast come out of Brandon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#1188 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,269 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 09, 2017 - 07:47 AM

My favorite was his one handed catch and finish off that pass from Randle. Brandon made that look easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#1189 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,136 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted November 15, 2017 - 03:39 AM

BI wasn't given the gift of a body. If anyone thinks he is going to be great prior to year 3 is sadly mistaken. Its not a skill or attitude thing; its a genetic thing. He will be an All Star year 4

Edited by lakersince75, November 15, 2017 - 03:41 AM.

• 43,864 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 10:01 PM

Career high 26, still under 30, but progress nonetheless. Jumper didn't look broke today. Strokin' it with that Billy Mac "midrange magic".

yo.

#1191 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,464 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted November 15, 2017 - 10:25 PM

Career high in points and rebs, he has to demand the ball more and take it to the basket, cause he's getting really good at it.

• 43,864 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 10:34 PM

Yeah it's been mighty impressive how often this season he's finished well inside amongst bigs and contact in general. He still doesn't look anything too intimidating physically strength-wise, but I guess he's become a bit more wiry strong for certain.

yo.

#1193 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 962 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 15, 2017 - 10:59 PM

Looked good

#1194 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,223 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 15, 2017 - 11:26 PM

I'm actually fairly satisfied with what he's shown so far. Other than the last 3 games of the road trip, he's been good. If he can finish at the rim, shoot from mid-range, and just shoot 3s well enough for defenders to honor it, he can be really good.

#1195 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 16, 2017 - 01:44 AM

we need him on a consistant basis

so pissed that simmons and embiid are carrying the sixers and we dont have that..

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#1196 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,294 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 16, 2017 - 03:34 AM

Simmons is like 30 years old & Embiid is in his 7th season ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users