1195 replies to this topic

#1161 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,348 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 02, 2017 - 12:39 PM

Giannis may have moved ahead of Anthony Davis as latest stars who dominate the league

On the right team with the right roster, I think I'd prefer AD. Both are amazing though.

#1162 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 02, 2017 - 05:35 PM

No you can't and that's why Ingram is such a wait and see. If he continues to grow from where he's been. Then by game 82 this season you can make a more accurate projection. The Giannis comparison is both fair and unfair because in reality Giannis is at this point a proven commodity. He's a superstar and his first 2 seasons were that of a raw enormous potential player who struggled to find his footing but grew

As of now Ingram is at the beginning of his second season. Can go any direction. So it's not a fair comparison however the fact that Giannis struggled early allows for Ingram to not be written off.

It basically means that Ingram has enormous potential and should be allowed the time to see the growth to make a more accurate assessment

Many players don't become Giannis. A high percentage dont. But Ingram is one of a select few players even with similar measurements and athletic ability. And the main thing is ingram is growing consistently. He's only moved forward so as of now the trend has consistently been in the upward direction so at this point the fair assumption is that'll continue until proven otherwise

No guarantees but I'm going to side with the trend for now and say Ingram will continue to improve

I agree 100% and if you believe in grooming your own stars, you are absolutely correct.

If you believe in obtaining stars and are uncertain in anyway about Ingram's potential, there is very little to lose if you're trading for a legit star who commits long-term, IMHO.

I'm not advocating moving Ingram right now.  He could flip the switch and become one of the hottest young stars in the league...but that's not likely happening before the end of the season.  If it does and the Stars want to play with him, of course it's best to keep him.  I just have seen anything that suggests he's on that timetable.

But what you said was well put.  That's why Ingram was untouchable at the end of last season.

tenor.gif

#1163 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,348 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 02, 2017 - 06:03 PM

there is very little to lose if you're trading for a legit star who commits long-term, IMHO.

The problem is that no star is going to get traded here and immediately sign an extension. If that was the case, then I'd easily move Ingram and I'd bet that most posters on this forum would as well. Ingram and filler for PG13 that agrees to an extension as soon as the trade is complete would be a no-brainer. However, I wouldn't do this trade with Cousins even if he agreed to the extension because I don't want any parts of Cousins without first signing PG13 or Lebron.

#1164 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 06:19 PM

The problem is that no star is going to get traded here and immediately sign an extension. If that was the case, then I'd easily move Ingram and I'd bet that most posters on this forum would as well. Ingram and filler for PG13 that agrees to an extension as soon as the trade is complete would be a no-brainer. However, I wouldn't do this trade with Cousins even if he agreed to the extension because I don't want any parts of Cousins without first signing PG13 or Lebron.

Oh, I agree about Cousins...only way I touch him is if LeBron basically says he signs where Cousins signs.  You forget that PG13 was hoping to get traded to the Lakers this past summer to do what?  Sign an extension.

That's what I've been advocating.  No one is saying we should trade Ingram for a player that can leave in 6 months or less.

tenor.gif

#1165 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,664 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 02, 2017 - 10:32 PM

You're also not addressing the issue of the stats though.

Ingram's 2nd year stats are from 7 games.

Giannis' 2nd year stats are from an entire season...hardly a valid comparison, no?  Unless, again, you claim to know the future or can justify the extrapolation...do you/can you?

I do claim to know the future. Ingram will be fine.

He's following a normal development curve and given his tools and mindset i dont think there is any reason to think that he wont continue to do that.

#1166 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,605 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 02, 2017 - 11:01 PM

Luke's asking him to do too much. He's not ready to be KD yet. He can't score in Isos or PnR attacking in traffic. 

#1167 dazz

dazz

• 1,199 posts

Posted November 03, 2017 - 05:10 AM

I won't pretend to know what Ingram will or won't become.  I also won't pretend to know what the Bucks FO was thinking during Giannis' first two seasons.  

It's against federal laws to be on the interwebz and not have a strong opinion about something, just saying

• lakerfan98 likes this

hsl17b.jpg

#1168 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,345 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 03, 2017 - 06:32 AM

^

Hart getting no love dazz?

Edited by kball, November 03, 2017 - 06:33 AM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1169 dazz

dazz

• 1,199 posts

Posted November 03, 2017 - 09:31 AM

^

Hart getting no love dazz?

There you go  :D

• kball likes this

hsl17b.jpg

#1170 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,406 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 03, 2017 - 10:40 AM

It's against federal laws to be on the interwebz and not have a strong opinion about something, just saying

Lol yea this board has been even more Nostradumbassey than normal lately.  People acting like they were there or that they know for a fact what other players and teams are / will be thinking.  Having pages long arguments representing their perception of what players / teams are thinking like they can speak for them and getting offended when people question those perceptions.  Some certifiable stuff frankly.     

• Rekal and dazz like this

#1171 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,374 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 03, 2017 - 11:36 AM

Lol yea this board has been even more Nostradumbassey than normal lately.  People acting like they were there or that they know for a fact what other players and teams are / will be thinking.  Having pages long arguments representing their perception of what players / teams are thinking like they can speak for them and getting offended when people question those perceptions.  Some certifiable stuff frankly.     

It's been like this since the Kobe vs LeBron debates.

#1172 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,779 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 03, 2017 - 12:28 PM

Yo it’s a public forum that’s what ya get! Just glad we’re playing better than last season, let’s get a W tonight!!👌🏼
  • GCMD likes this

#1173 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts

Posted November 04, 2017 - 12:28 AM

Just like the political climate and divisiveness:  Both sides...

tenor.gif

#1174 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts

Posted November 04, 2017 - 12:32 AM

Ingram looks MUCH BETTER when he attacks within the flow of the offense.  If he can do that more and wait for clear outs less, he's a keeper.

tenor.gif

#1175 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,738 posts

Posted November 04, 2017 - 09:52 AM

Ingram looks MUCH BETTER when he attacks within the flow of the offense. If he can do that more and wait for clear outs less, he's a keeper.

He's learning. But I'll say this. Last year was a whole thing of, well Ingram is worth keeping because he has so much potential

Yet he didn't really show any of it until the very end of the season

Now he's showing all of it in a sense that he has flashes. He's inconsistent but now you see the makings of something special.

If he keeps improving we may finally have 2 20 point scorers who do so efficiently in kuzma and Ingram. And that's gold. Absolute gold. With lonzo distributing that's the core.

What I like is that he started the season pressing. And it made him inefficient. However it did help him. And now he's learning to pick his spots. I'd say his learning curve has been much faster than Randle or Russell in terms of the mental game. Russell started to figure out where his spots were about halfway through year 2

Ingram seems to be moving faster. And his physical traits are undeniable

Edited by last stand 2.0, November 04, 2017 - 09:54 AM.

• GCMD likes this
Posted Image

#1176 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,345 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 04, 2017 - 12:15 PM

Look for Ingram to really benefit with Kuz now in the starting lineup

• GCMD likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1177 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,481 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted November 04, 2017 - 01:48 PM

Looking more comfortable on offense and learning how to use his length to be a better defender. The kid is definetely better than last season, and he's only 20 years old.

Edited by ChichoGarcy, November 04, 2017 - 01:48 PM.

#1178 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,598 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 06, 2017 - 12:01 AM

He has arrived

• 43,864 posts

Posted November 06, 2017 - 12:11 AM

He's improved over last season no question, but still waiting for him to truly put a complete game together for four quarters consistently and put up at least 30.
  • GCMD and kball like this

yo.

#1180 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,374 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 06, 2017 - 01:32 AM

He's improved over last season no question, but still waiting for him to truly put a complete game together for four quarters consistently and put up at least 30.

He's more than capable of doing that and when he does, he'll be considered a superstar.

Mitch and Jim are going to be considered geniuses for not trading him for DC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users