#1002 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,540 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted August 14, 2017 - 05:07 PM

^
I dont mind it actually.
Plenty of years i rooted for Lakers when Bob McAdoo (former multiple year scoring leader) came off the bench for showtime.

And Mychal Thompson (former #1 pick in draft) came off the bench for lakers.

And Karl Malone and Gary Payton came over to play (and shared the mid level to make it work i think)

Lakers probably more than any other team guilty of (lucky to do this).

Those aren't good comparison, KD is in his prime(one of the best in the league/ MVP type). Those players were on the back end of careers looking to get a ring and call it quits. That's how they did it then, it's totally different now.

#1003 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted August 15, 2017 - 07:19 AM

Not saying its a perfect comparison, but you get the gist. 

Lakers had 3 yearly all stars back then (Cap, Magic, Worthy)

And i think even one year B Scott lead team in scoring (or close)

So if it happens to another team or 2 current day its just how it is.

As things stand now, Theres only about what, maybe about 5-7 teams to really look forward to anyway.

Its always been that way as far back as i can remember.

The only thing different is we're not one of them until we are again.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1004 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,981 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 15, 2017 - 08:40 AM

Another difference is that just about every team was competitive. 3 all starts or not, the league was much more competitive back then. Huge differnce, imo
  • GCMD and Busty Bluth like this

#1005 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,540 posts

Posted August 15, 2017 - 11:04 AM

Another difference is that just about every team was competitive. 3 all starts or not, the league was much more competitive back then. Huge differnce, imo

Definitely. Nba is a sea of mediocre players lacking basic fundamentals. It's sad how far the league has fallen.
  • FranklinPeanuts likes this

#1006 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,358 posts

Posted August 15, 2017 - 11:37 AM

IMHO, ideally, Ingram averages around 14-16ppg / 7-9rpg / 4-6apg...

If he tries to turn into an ISO scorer, I think he will become much less efficient and we won't be as good of a team overall.

There is a certain rhythm to the game that Ingram just doesn't get right now.  Re-watching the SL game, he would not have fit well with the team later in the Summer League (playing the way he did the first game) because he was trying to showcase his individual skills.  Not saying he shouldn't have tried to evaluate himself just that it wasn't very compatible to the system.  The rest of the players fell into a rhythm pretty quickly after the first game.

Ingram shouldn't be a high usage player this year...limit the ISOs and keep the ball moving.  If you do that, it will come back to you in position to something good with it.  This system can make an average player look really good and make a really good player look GREAT if he plays within the system and within himself.

I don't want to see Ingram shooting more than 5 unassisted fga/game...I do want to see all of the starters average at least 3 apg.  Tempo/speed/rhythm...that's what will turn this team into an attractive destination, not watching any one player become the system (ISO scorer).

Sounds like I'm being critical but I'm aware of his age and experience...it will come over time.

Edited by GCMD, August 15, 2017 - 11:47 AM.

tenor.gif

#1007 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,540 posts

Posted August 15, 2017 - 02:57 PM

Hope he's been working on his 3 point shot this summer. Fashion modeling is no excuse to slack off.

#1008 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,446 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 15, 2017 - 11:27 PM

Not really caring about his stats.

I wanna see smart decisions when game is slipping for the squad and take the lead during crunch. I wanna see intensity and alpha dog kick in
  • GCMD and Busty Bluth like this

ap1.png

#1009 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 02, 2017 - 02:45 AM

Team Bonding! Lakers working out with @gunnarfitness 🎥 singing "Big Green Tractor" by @jasonaldean #repost _ #repost @milessimon34 @joshwright43 @caldwellpope @larrydn7 @zo @nolimittb @sorinex @bertsorin

A post shared by LAKERS W🌎RLD16™ (@lakersworld16) on Sep 1, 2017 at 7:35am PDT

• Xinxin likes this

#1010 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 811 posts

Posted September 03, 2017 - 10:22 PM

"Brandon Ingram has tweaked the form of his jumper, feels ‘more confident’"

"Ingram has done more than that, though. According to his latest blog for BiPro USA, a protein supplement endorsed by Ingram and Larry Nance, Jr., “Ingram kicked off his summer by tweaking the form of his jump shot. He’s put an added emphasis on keeping his elbow in and his shot has a different release point.”

He says it’s helped him get better results.

“I’ve been working on my shot mechanics to get better,” Ingram told BiPro. “It feels more comfortable now. I’m more confident from the perimeter and feel ready to nail my outside shots.”

Ingram nailing a few more jumpers would make a huge difference in the effectiveness of his game. Last season Ingram only canned 29.4 percent of his threes, and his shot chart looked pretty awful from everywhere but the mid-range area on the left of the court:"
  •     and Majesty like this

#1011 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts

Posted September 04, 2017 - 04:49 AM

Nowhere to go but up. He was an awful shooter without looking at stats even

Can easily be a 15 pt scorer this season

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1012 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,540 posts

Posted September 05, 2017 - 10:13 AM

"Brandon Ingram has tweaked the form of his jumper, feels ‘more confident’"

"Ingram has done more than that, though. According to his latest blog for BiPro USA, a protein supplement endorsed by Ingram and Larry Nance, Jr., “Ingram kicked off his summer by tweaking the form of his jump shot. He’s put an added emphasis on keeping his elbow in and his shot has a different release point.”

He says it’s helped him get better results.

“I’ve been working on my shot mechanics to get better,” Ingram told BiPro. “It feels more comfortable now. I’m more confident from the perimeter and feel ready to nail my outside shots.”

Ingram nailing a few more jumpers would make a huge difference in the effectiveness of his game. Last season Ingram only canned 29.4 percent of his threes, and his shot chart looked pretty awful from everywhere but the mid-range area on the left of the court:"

We'll see. Those tweaks should help some, too me it always looked like he elevates too much on 3's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#1013 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,358 posts

Posted September 10, 2017 - 11:00 PM

We'll see. Those tweaks should help some, too me it always looked like he elevates too much on 3's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's almost impossible to do.  Not sure if you meant to post that.

• UKUGA likes this

tenor.gif

#1014 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,576 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted September 12, 2017 - 10:52 AM

That's almost impossible to do.  Not sure if you meant to post that.

It can be bad if you are a "leaper". (Think, Rex Chapman).   Guys who jump as high as they can and then release, tend to be inconsistent, as their elevation varies, even throughout the course of the game.  It's not just fatigue, there are other factors.

But, if you consistently elevate high, then right, there is nothing wrong with that.  You essentially are making the goal lower, and providing yourself with a better angle from which to shoot. 

I don't know that there really are many guys who leap on their jumpers in the NBA.  You see it more in college, where you still have a lot of raw athletes.  That tends to get worked out, because they have so much time to work on their shot and develop consistency.   

Don't feed the trolls. 

#1015 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 811 posts

Posted September 12, 2017 - 01:18 PM

So apparently Ingram grew this summer and now he's 6"11 👀👀👀
  • Xinxin likes this

#1016 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,576 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted September 12, 2017 - 01:57 PM

So apparently Ingram grew this summer and now he's 6"11

Hence, the cramps. 

Don't feed the trolls. 

#1017 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,380 posts
  • Name:CAS

Posted September 12, 2017 - 02:05 PM

Crazy what this kid could be become, scary!

#1018 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts

Posted September 12, 2017 - 02:43 PM

Crazy what this kid could be become, scary!

Manute Bol?

• Busty Bluth likes this

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1019 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,380 posts
  • Name:CAS

Posted September 12, 2017 - 06:56 PM

Manute Bol?

Being that he was the 2nd overall pick, I was thinking Shawn Bradley ;)

#1020 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,358 posts

Posted September 12, 2017 - 11:34 PM

It can be bad if you are a "leaper". (Think, Rex Chapman).   Guys who jump as high as they can and then release, tend to be inconsistent, as their elevation varies, even throughout the course of the game.  It's not just fatigue, there are other factors.

But, if you consistently elevate high, then right, there is nothing wrong with that.  You essentially are making the goal lower, and providing yourself with a better angle from which to shoot. 

I don't know that there really are many guys who leap on their jumpers in the NBA.  You see it more in college, where you still have a lot of raw athletes.  That tends to get worked out, because they have so much time to work on their shot and develop consistency.   

Consistency is one thing but elevating as much as you can while maintaining proper form and release means you can shoot from a MUCH farther distance and maintain accuracy.  It allows you to focus more on consistency of your mechanics than straining or altering your form to shoot harder with your upper body.

Kuzma claimed he liked the NBA 3 better because it felt more natural...it's likely for this very reason.  He was and is elevating more than needed and had to try to soften his release to not over shoot.  Pretty easy fix is just to get him to shoot from 10 to 15 feet while still elevating as much as he can.  It teaches you touch.   In the NBA, the 3 is over 2 ft farther so it's probably right in his sweet spot of elevation/stroke.  Kinda odd that no one just took him in the gym and have him shoot a step or 2 behind the 3 in college...LOL.

If you're inconsistent on your 3's, it's almost impossible for the issue to be too much elevation.  It's infinitely more likely that your mechanics and footwork/balance are too blame than you're jumping too high.

Edited by GCMD, September 12, 2017 - 11:36 PM.

• UKUGA likes this

tenor.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users