#1002 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,834 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted August 14, 2017 - 05:07 PM

^
I dont mind it actually.
Plenty of years i rooted for Lakers when Bob McAdoo (former multiple year scoring leader) came off the bench for showtime.

And Mychal Thompson (former #1 pick in draft) came off the bench for lakers.

And Karl Malone and Gary Payton came over to play (and shared the mid level to make it work i think)

Lakers probably more than any other team guilty of (lucky to do this).

Those aren't good comparison, KD is in his prime(one of the best in the league/ MVP type). Those players were on the back end of careers looking to get a ring and call it quits. That's how they did it then, it's totally different now.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#1003 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,848 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted August 15, 2017 - 07:19 AM

Not saying its a perfect comparison, but you get the gist. 

Lakers had 3 yearly all stars back then (Cap, Magic, Worthy)

And i think even one year B Scott lead team in scoring (or close)

So if it happens to another team or 2 current day its just how it is.

As things stand now, Theres only about what, maybe about 5-7 teams to really look forward to anyway.

Its always been that way as far back as i can remember.

The only thing different is we're not one of them until we are again.

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#1004 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,770 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 15, 2017 - 08:40 AM

Another difference is that just about every team was competitive. 3 all starts or not, the league was much more competitive back then. Huge differnce, imo
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#1005 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,834 posts

Posted August 15, 2017 - 11:04 AM

Another difference is that just about every team was competitive. 3 all starts or not, the league was much more competitive back then. Huge differnce, imo

Definitely. Nba is a sea of mediocre players lacking basic fundamentals. It's sad how far the league has fallen.
  • FranklinPeanuts likes this

#1006 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,739 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 15, 2017 - 11:37 AM

IMHO, ideally, Ingram averages around 14-16ppg / 7-9rpg / 4-6apg...

If he tries to turn into an ISO scorer, I think he will become much less efficient and we won't be as good of a team overall.

There is a certain rhythm to the game that Ingram just doesn't get right now.  Re-watching the SL game, he would not have fit well with the team later in the Summer League (playing the way he did the first game) because he was trying to showcase his individual skills.  Not saying he shouldn't have tried to evaluate himself just that it wasn't very compatible to the system.  The rest of the players fell into a rhythm pretty quickly after the first game.

Ingram shouldn't be a high usage player this year...limit the ISOs and keep the ball moving.  If you do that, it will come back to you in position to something good with it.  This system can make an average player look really good and make a really good player look GREAT if he plays within the system and within himself.

I don't want to see Ingram shooting more than 5 unassisted fga/game...I do want to see all of the starters average at least 3 apg.  Tempo/speed/rhythm...that's what will turn this team into an attractive destination, not watching any one player become the system (ISO scorer).

Sounds like I'm being critical but I'm aware of his age and experience...it will come over time.

Edited by GCMD, August 15, 2017 - 11:47 AM.

tenor.gif

#1007 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,834 posts

Posted August 15, 2017 - 02:57 PM

Hope he's been working on his 3 point shot this summer. Fashion modeling is no excuse to slack off.

#1008 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,428 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 15, 2017 - 11:27 PM

Not really caring about his stats.

I wanna see smart decisions when game is slipping for the squad and take the lead during crunch. I wanna see intensity and alpha dog kick in
  • Busty Bluth likes this

ap1.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users