1007 replies to this topic

#981 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,101 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 31, 2017 - 01:08 PM

There is going to be a lot of pressure on BI and KCP to score. I hope it's not too much

#982 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,420 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 03, 2017 - 11:32 PM

There is going to be a lot of pressure on BI and KCP to score. I hope it's not too much

They'll be fine. I think Brook Lopez will be the leading scorer and given the style, pace and that its a contract year i could see him drop close to 25ppg.

KCP will bump his scoring to at least 17 ppg given the space and opportunities he'll have.

Randle, Clarkson and even Lonzo will be at about 15 ppg.

I'll predict that Ingram drops 17ppg next season and it isn't even a hot take.

Consider this

Pre-allstar: 8.7 FGAs, 2.6 from 3, 2,6 from the line shooting 36-30-65 in 29 mpg =  9.7 ppg

Post-allstar: 11 FGAs, 2.7 from 3, 3.5 from the line shoting 47-27-55 in 32 mpg = 13.2 ppg

Given how dominant he looked in Summer League and how he looks like he's improved both his shooting stroke, agressiveness and his physique i could see him increase his shot frequency as well as his shooting percentages a bit during next season and since we aren't all that deep at the SF spot - or even at the SG spot - i could even see him play 33-35 mpg.

2017-18?: 13 FGAs, 3 from 3, 3.5 from the line shoting 48-33-65 in 33 mpg = 17 ppg

#983 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 8,166 posts

Posted August 04, 2017 - 01:31 AM

"I hope the pressure on KCP and Ingram is not too much" ?

What kind of mentality is that? The pressure is there for them to overcome.

fXlFKv8.gif

#984 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,848 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted August 04, 2017 - 02:54 AM

They'll be fine. I think Brook Lopez will be the leading scorer and given the style, pace and that its a contract year i could see him drop close to 25ppg.

KCP will bump his scoring to at least 17 ppg given the space and opportunities he'll have.

Randle, Clarkson and even Lonzo will be at about 15 ppg.

I'll predict that Ingram drops 17ppg next season and it isn't even a hot take.

Consider this

Pre-allstar: 8.7 FGAs, 2.6 from 3, 2,6 from the line shooting 36-30-65 in 29 mpg =  9.7 ppg

Post-allstar: 11 FGAs, 2.7 from 3, 3.5 from the line shoting 47-27-55 in 32 mpg = 13.2 ppg

Given how dominant he looked in Summer League and how he looks like he's improved both his shooting stroke, agressiveness and his physique i could see him increase his shot frequency as well as his shooting percentages a bit during next season and since we aren't all that deep at the SF spot - or even at the SG spot - i could even see him play 33-35 mpg.

2017-18?: 13 FGAs, 3 from 3, 3.5 from the line shoting 48-33-65 in 33 mpg = 17 ppg

25 is a pretty tough threshold.

Offhand i'd say maybe only1/2 a dozen guys in the league crack it in any one year.

I doubt Brook is one of them.

Of the centers, maybe KAT AD Boogie do it (all younger than BroLo).

Possibly Jokic in 2 years if Denver runs through him i could see getting close.

I think i'd like to see BI actually lead the team in shot attempts this season.

Probably a year too early but wtf

Edited by kball, August 04, 2017 - 02:56 AM.

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#985 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,737 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 09, 2017 - 08:15 PM

If there is pressure on any one player to carry the team in scoring, Ball has not done his job and Luke may end up getting fired...

The offense will create for everyone if it's run correctly.  We shouldn't be relying on 1-on-1 matchups.

tenor.gif

#986 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,462 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 10, 2017 - 04:29 PM

Ingram might be in that awkward stage of feeling he has to prove himself.

I think the flow of the game and with experience we will see an overall natural game from Randle.

#987 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,995 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted August 10, 2017 - 05:08 PM

Magic said if dude doesnt score 19-20 ppg a next year it would be a disappointment.  Hella pressure.  

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#988 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,462 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 10, 2017 - 06:56 PM

Welp Paul George...
Going to Warriors so we need Ingram to score 20 ppg to intice Bron

#989 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,454 posts

Posted August 10, 2017 - 07:34 PM

Welp Paul George...

Is he gonna play for pennies? Warriors are strapped as it is.

#990 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,454 posts

Posted August 10, 2017 - 07:36 PM

Magic's expectation of Ingram to score 20 PPG better be a motivational based tactic and not a real expectation. He's not doing that, and I hope he doesn't become trade bait when we all see that.
  • GCMD and LACAS like this

#991 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,848 posts

Posted August 10, 2017 - 10:16 PM

Yeah...20 by year 3 seems a safer bet.

But if he falls a bit short and is around 17-18 in year 2 and makes a difference all over the court, who really cares?

We'll all be smiling at the now very real possibilities of next offseason

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

#992 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,737 posts

Posted August 10, 2017 - 11:03 PM

Welp Paul George...

Wait, what?

Magic's expectation of Ingram to score 20 PPG better be a motivational based tactic and not a real expectation. He's not doing that, and I hope he doesn't become trade bait when we all see that.

I agree.  Something to work towards so he's capable of scoring when we need him to.  When we are down 1 with less than a minute to go, that's where working towards becoming an elite scorer will benefit Ingram.  Give him the ball, move out of the way and let him go to work.  That's a better winning-type gameplan than force-feed him shots to reach 20ppg or expecting him to reach that mark every game in year 2.

• LACAS likes this

tenor.gif

#993 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,133 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted August 11, 2017 - 05:31 AM

Ingram will be fine... I believe the Lakers finally got it right in BI and Lonzo... Kuzma could be the steal of the draft.

• GCMD and DaSmoothOperator like this

#994 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,270 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 12, 2017 - 09:42 AM

Wait, what?

Warriors could be making moves that will allow them to go after Paul George next off-season. 

Edited by Majesty, August 12, 2017 - 09:42 AM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#995 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,848 posts

Posted August 12, 2017 - 10:02 AM

Warriors could be making moves that will allow them to go after Paul George next off-season. 

I'd almost welcome back David Stern ffs

#996 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,428 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 13, 2017 - 09:38 AM

id literally stop watching the NBA of that happened
  • FranklinPeanuts and DaSmoothOperator like this

ap1.png

#997 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,737 posts

Posted August 13, 2017 - 12:52 PM

That would require moving Klay (17.8M) and/or Draymond (16.4M), not to mention Iggy (14.8M)...not gonna happen.  Steph and KD make 60M combined...Klay/Dray/Iggy make close to 50M combined...

Don't see how they get 30M under the cap when they have 110M in those 5 players...

I'd happily take Klay off their hands though...

tenor.gif

#998 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,420 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted August 13, 2017 - 11:11 PM

There is no way the Warriors will be able to sign PG13, unless both him and KD are willing to take massive - as in 15-20M - pay cuts.

Realistically, the only way the Warriors get PG13 is if they give up Klay. Dray, KD and Curry are untouchable and i'm not sure why on earth OKC would want to do a sign-and-trade and take back half-bad contracts like Iggy and Livingston, just to create a super-super-team. Having 5 max-level guys - Curry - Klay - PG - KD - Dray - would be kinda expensive as well. The problem with giving up Klay is that he's a pretty ideal fit for that team as he plays defense, shoots 3s and doesn't demand the ball a lot. Of course that may be the problem - i.e. Klay leaving in 2019 for a situation where he can play a bigger role.

• GCMD likes this

#999 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,830 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted August 14, 2017 - 10:31 AM

Durant going to the Warriors is worse than the possibility of George. The real issue is teams are getting rich full of stars and not giving up any assets. This irritates me. Now most stars want to play together like some glorified exhibition. I hate the NBA.

If Brandon managed 20ppg we'd have to be competing for the 8th spot.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#1000 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,848 posts

Posted August 14, 2017 - 02:58 PM

^

I dont mind it actually.

Plenty of years i rooted for Lakers when Bob McAdoo (former multiple year scoring leader) came off the bench for showtime.

And Mychal Thompson (former #1 pick in draft) came off the bench for lakers.

And Karl Malone and Gary Payton came over to play (and shared the mid level to make it work i think)

Lakers probably more than any other team guilty of (lucky to do this).

Edited by kball, August 14, 2017 - 02:59 PM.

• GCMD and Xinxin like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)