#862 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,002 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted April 16, 2017 - 12:05 PM

Duncan was a superstar. The Spurs just havent had to rely on Duncan to be 22/11 or whatever for years before that. Even still the Spurs are a bit different. They are the perfect formula of building around key guys and bringing in guys to mesh with those guys. Total unselfish ball. That's what GS has now and that's what I'd love the Lakers to have.

We must have completely diff definitions of what a superstar is then because if a player isn't depended on to carry a load of a superstar then he isn't a superstar. Being able to play big minutes and be depended on night to night is a big staple of being a superstar. The Spurs definitely play a team oriented offense and have been since Duncan has fell off but that didn't prevent Kawhi from being a superstar player this year. Those same Warriors you're talking about have a couple of superstars themselves

#863 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,004 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted April 16, 2017 - 01:00 PM

If LeBron came or KD or Curry or Cp3 or Harden came...i wouldn't be mad

Pretty sure nobody would be mad at that

#864 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,380 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted April 16, 2017 - 02:00 PM

harden lebron curry or kd will never put on a lakers jersey. I can see CP coming still.

CP3

Russ

Ingram

PG13/Nance

Zubac

*randle, Top 3 pick traded for PG*

ap1.png

#865 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,652 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 16, 2017 - 07:49 PM

Why would CP3 this late in his career come to the Lakers? 

harden lebron curry or kd will never put on a lakers jersey. I can see CP coming still.

CP3

Russ

Ingram

PG13/Nance

Zubac

*randle, Top 3 pick traded for PG*

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#866 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,380 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted April 16, 2017 - 08:48 PM

Why would CP3 this late in his career come to the Lakers?

Depends on background work going on. If we engineer a trade to get George.. I can see Paul staying in la but playing for us instead. Far fetched I know but lakers look more promising than the clippers at this point

ap1.png

#867 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,270 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 17, 2017 - 12:16 AM

Call me crazy but Deng and Mosgov were better than Brewer and Black.

If next year it's

Russell
Clarkson
Ingram
Randle
Zubac

Nwaba
Deng
Nance
Mosgov

With additions like Tony Allen or Jodie Meeks or Darren Collison or some combination of those type of guard additions, I feel like we could be in the playoff hunt for 50% of the season.

Russell
Allen
Ingram
Randle
Zubac

Clarkson
Meeks or Darren Collison
Nwaba
Deng
Nance

#868 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,379 posts

Posted April 17, 2017 - 06:03 AM

^ Thats a terrible roster.

• DeeZee likes this

#869 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 2,970 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted April 17, 2017 - 08:55 AM

That homegrown BS is exactly what course we seem to be taking. It reminds me of the course of the Titanic . There are certain players you stand behind growing at home TRUE. But damn at least know that there is something extra special about them. How do you think we're going to get great FAs to come here with what we have now? Even in 2020 when Russell will be the Messiah, how do you pay all these future superstars?? 

#870 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,270 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 17, 2017 - 10:06 AM

Ingram is our best prospect them Russell.

If they both grow into max players we have their Bird rights and could pay the most.

Curry...homegrown
Kawhi...homegrown
Kyrie...homegrown
Wall...homegrown
Lillard....homegrown
Blake Griffin...do u see a trend????

#871 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,609 posts

Posted April 17, 2017 - 09:00 PM

The impatience stemming from long frustration of losing is understandable, but in today's circumstances there is no real alternative to rallying around the young group. True, we could trade couple of the them and attach a pick for someone like Paul George, but I don't see a situation where it benefits the team next season. We would be putting a severely under-manned squad and a new clock for refreshed team to start all over again.

I think, if you look at it, there is a real promise in trusting some of the youngsters to develop their game further and have an impact on the team. Zubac and Ingram can change the look of this team provided the gameplan features them. Those two have the inherent qualities to anchor the starting 5. Zubac has the size and soft touch of a quality traditional big man, while Ingram has shown just how far his length can extend to dominate on both ends of the floor. There are still concerns, of course, with Zubac's awareness on defense, and Ingram's shooting. But keep in mind that the duo were the youngest players in NBA in past season.

The power dynamics in NBA is shifting. Two - three stars do not guarantee success anymore (Clippers, Blazers, Pelicans) instead we are seeing the system and depth to produce results (Rockets, Celtics) Whether a star emerges from this young group is unknown, but we could always use the strength coming from togetherness and familiarity. We have a unique position with six rotation players under the age of 25. I think if this core is supported with moves that address the team's weaknesses, they have a chance to perform well next season.

• LakeShow1o1, Rekal, Olabebeh and 2 others like this

fXlFKv8.gif

#872 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

All-Star

• 6,846 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 17, 2017 - 09:20 PM

Since when did Tensai become so logical?

• lakerfan98 likes this

#873 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,425 posts

Posted April 18, 2017 - 04:32 AM

He has always been. Everyone else is looking through Laker-colored glasses.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#874 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,963 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:1974
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 18, 2017 - 05:30 AM

He has seen the light, a kumbaya moment.

#875 Bishop*

Bishop*

Rookie

• 313 posts
  • Name:Kofi Oppong
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 18, 2017 - 06:41 AM

Depends on background work going on. If we engineer a trade to get George.. I can see Paul staying in la but playing for us instead. Far fetched I know but lakers look more promising than the clippers at this point

The Clippers have peaked. Because the only star next to CP3, Blake Griffin has peaked. Lakers is starting something new and if the FO can show him some kind of blueprint  that kick start once he signs like getting Camelo or PG or Hayward to partner with him. That will make Lakers far more attractive than the Clippers because that will give him a longer shelf life and a better shot at a championship once the Lakers young guns reach their peak 3 to 4 years from now.

CP3 and lets say Camelo plus our young players will be almost on the same level as the Clippers are right now.  

#876 Bishop*

Bishop*

Rookie

• 313 posts
  • Name:Kofi Oppong
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 18, 2017 - 06:42 AM

The no trade clues is killing the knicks and i believe they will do anything to get rid of Melo.

#877 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,963 posts

Posted April 18, 2017 - 09:44 AM

The no trade clues is killing the knicks and i believe they will do anything to get rid of Melo.

The Knicks are killing the Knicks.

• lakersince75 likes this

#878 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,609 posts

Posted May 17, 2017 - 05:20 PM

• manaro90 likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#879 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,379 posts

Posted May 17, 2017 - 05:52 PM

I really hope we keep both Ingram and Russell intact and pieces to keep moving forward.

#880 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,963 posts

Posted May 18, 2017 - 08:41 AM

I really hope we keep both Ingram and Russell intact and pieces to keep moving forward.

I think we can, I also think the FO will trade either the 2nd OR Russell along w some package...

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users