876 replies to this topic

#41 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,259 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 24, 2016 - 01:31 PM

I don't comprehend how anyone who has only played 1 season could be a bust.....let alone a 10th pick.

Wesley Johnson

#42 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,089 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 24, 2016 - 01:42 PM

Wesley Johnson

I feel like the fact that he played 3 years in college factored into his early bust proclamation.  If you play 3 years in college and then stink it up in your rookie year in the NBA chances are you're gonna suck.  

#43 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,167 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 24, 2016 - 02:14 PM

If Wesley Johnson was taken 12-15 like he should have been, there'd be no problem whatsoever. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#44 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 424 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Ingram

Posted June 24, 2016 - 05:09 PM

Anyone see when they're doing an Ingram and Zubac player introduction at the practice facility?

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#45 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,873 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 05:12 PM

Wesley Johnson

Think you're missing the point. Wesley Johnson is considered a bust now especially when you consider where he was drafted, however you could not have known after his rookie year that he'd never get better.

#46 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,873 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 05:27 PM

Edited by JGuez, June 24, 2016 - 05:33 PM.

• -Wade-, Majesty, MysticBlu~ and 1 other like this

#47 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,490 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted June 24, 2016 - 06:10 PM

I love how Ingram always has the crash the boards mentality. Like half the time you see him stutter step to crash the boards.

#48 Yaboy

Yaboy

Starter

• 4,605 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 24, 2016 - 09:00 PM

nfqhutQ.jpg

• Busty Bluth, JGuez, Majesty and 4 others like this

OD_zpsef7494d9.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#49 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,873 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 11:44 PM

Adam Silver is pretty tall.

Where does Ingram find pants that long lol.

#50 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 22,743 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 01:16 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if he hits 6-10 by 21
Posted Image

#51 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 11,453 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 06:28 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if he hits 6-10 by 21

210lbs.

7511301026_4a46afba50.jpg

Trust in Mitch

#52 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,298 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 08:58 AM

Brandon looks like a Bloodborne character. So skinny.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#53 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,766 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted June 25, 2016 - 01:05 PM

he got the frame to add lean muscle ala AD

usatsi_9129035.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

assuming Brandon isn't all talk about eating all he can and going hard in the gym, he should be looking like this by the time he's 21-23

2div

#54 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 53,167 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 01:17 PM

Except Davis tried too fast and was too small to bang like he was doing.

And now despite how his body grows it still can't take the damage it does on a nightly basis and he is always hurt.

I don't want the same thing to happen to Ingram.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#55 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 11,453 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 01:30 PM

Except Davis tried too fast and was too small to bang like he was doing.

And now despite how his body grows it still can't take the damage it does on a nightly basis and he is always hurt.

I don't want the same thing to happen to Ingram.

I don't think Ingram will have to bang as much as AD.  If we have to play Ingram at the 4, something has gone horribly wrong in free agency.

If Ingram adds around 5lbs/y of lean muscle, he'll be fine...in his 3rd year, he'll be between 210-220lbs...at that point, he'll be a legit SF/PF...

• bigvee likes this

Trust in Mitch

#56 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 53,167 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 01:32 PM

That's part of the reason GCMD why for the first few years of his career I'd love for us to treat him as a 3 and D guy.

His main utility should be working on his defense and off ball shooting. All the iso stuff we don't need to utilize him with this early.

So yes a lesser role that some may want for him, but the best for him entering the league imo.

#57 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,795 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted June 25, 2016 - 01:48 PM

How is Winslow a bust? He was just drafted last year?

Parker and okafor both still have the jury out as does Winslow

Irving has been awesome

luol deng has been more than a role player. He was a borderline all star for much of his career

Jay Williams was pretty good before the motorcycle accident and grant hill was a hall of fame level player before the injuries

And Elton brand was an elite 20-10 PF before he snapped his Achilles

I was going to put the exact same thing. Plenty of those guys have had good to great NBA careers, wouldn't call many of them busts.

#58 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 11,453 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 02:05 PM

That's part of the reason GCMD why for the first few years of his career I'd love for us to treat him as a 3 and D guy.

His main utility should be working on his defense and off ball shooting. All the iso stuff we don't need to utilize him with this early.

So yes a lesser role that some may want for him, but the best for him entering the league imo.

While I understand what you're saying, I don't agree.  I think we should do the opposite.  We should have him work on his guard skills as much as possible while he's still developing and young enough to add a LOT to his game.  I don't think we should delay that sort of development AND I think the best way to reinforce that is allowing him to play that way in games.

Ingram is as much of a gym rat as any Laker in the last 20 years not named Kobe.  I don't think he will have a problem with this.

It's really the only difference in Ingram and KD...ball handling and footwork 1-on-1.  KD plays like a huge, stretched out version of T-Mac or Kobe.  Ingram plays like a SF now...which isn't bad...but if you want him to be DOMINANT, he needs to work on skills, not just shooting and defending...

Trust in Mitch

#59 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 53,167 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 02:26 PM

My worry isn't his development, I'm aware they'll be developing him that way in practice.

I mean during games.   I don't want to see him in there banging, jumping for all the rebounds, trying to force contact on his way to the basket, and getting thrown the ball and told 'do something amazing' his rookie year.  

I'd be just fine with his role at least in the actual NBA games being 3 and D while we develop and tighten up the rest of his skills in practice and scrimmage. 

#60 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,766 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted June 25, 2016 - 02:32 PM

Ingram isn't going to be taking the punishment at the 3 like AD does at the 4 and often, 5.

When it comes to playing against men for the first time, AD had a much steeper physical curve to overcome as a post player then what Ingram faces as a wing.
  • GCMD likes this

2div

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users