1305 replies to this topic

#1281 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,807 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 31, 2018 - 03:38 PM

He generates pace and solid team play his shooting will come round by next season

#1282 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,807 posts

Posted March 31, 2018 - 03:40 PM

He generates pace and solid team play his shooting will come round by next season. All the speculations will be realized at seasons end.

#1283 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,764 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 31, 2018 - 09:49 PM

who is this in response to?

To the forum period
  • Busty Bluth and Adam like this

#1284 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,506 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted April 01, 2018 - 03:56 AM

Offensively he looks bad but definsively he is one of the better guards in the league.

I agree

#1285 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,526 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 01, 2018 - 09:42 AM

His offense is ok. His shooting is bad but everything offensively is good

#1286 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,764 posts

Posted April 01, 2018 - 01:06 PM

Question for the board.

There seems to be an issue with Whiteside in Miami.

If there was mutual feel8ng from both parties, would you guys trade Whiteside for Deng straight up?
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#1287 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,506 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted April 01, 2018 - 02:42 PM

His offense is ok. His shooting is bad but everything offensively is good

Shooting is the most important part to an offensive game. You can't simply say that a guy struggles to score from every area on the court but offensively he looks good every where else. That is not how basketball works.

#1288 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,807 posts

Posted April 01, 2018 - 05:20 PM

Somebody would be nuts to trade forDeng with that contract, but as the years have gone by I’ve seen stranger things.

#1289 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,326 posts

Posted April 01, 2018 - 10:43 PM

Honestly if they do, its 3+ years away.

Also reflects the skewing of voting imo.

Front Court

Kevin Durant: Player Rank #1 (25%), Fan Rank  #1 (50%), Media Rank #1 (25%) - Weighted Score 1

Anthony Davis: Player Rank #2 (25%), Fan Rank  #3 (50%), Media Rank #2 (25%) - Weighted Score 2.5

DeMarcus Cousins: Player Rank #3 (25%), Fan Rank  #4 (50%), Media Rank #4 (25%) - Weighted Score 3.75

--------------------

Draymond Green: Player Rank #7 (25%), Fan Rank  #2 (50%), Media Rank #6 (25%) - Weighted Score 4.25

LaMarcus Aldridge: Player Rank #4 (25%), Fan Rank  #8 (50%), Media Rank #3 (25%) - Weighted Score 5.75

Karl-Anthony Towns: Player Rank #5 (25%), Fan Rank  #9 (50%), Media Rank #4 (25%) - Weighted Score 6.75

--------------------

Paul George: Player Rank #6 (25%), Fan Rank  #5 (50%), Media Rank #7 (25%) - Weighted Score 5.75

If Randle's success in 2018 calendar year continues to build up on next season, then I could see him getting north of 800,000 votes which would make him #6 in Fan Rank. #6 or #7 in Player Rank could be possible, That leaves the Media vote. The ranking for media votes is kind of tricky as there is not enough resolution. You either get votes or don't. There were only 8 players that received votes from media last year and remaining of the players had equal weighting. I could maybe see LA based media to give some biased vote that could maybe rank Randle #7 or #8. His overall score would be 6.25/6.5, which IMO would be the first one off player pool if there was an injury on the frontcourt. I'm not sure if Aldridge or Paul George will continue to enjoy the Allstar benefits or even Draymond Green. The field is open for a player like Randle IMO.

Cousins' injury also makes it plausible. I'm not sure if he will be in Allstar form next year.

Edited by Tensai, April 01, 2018 - 10:51 PM.

fXlFKv8.gif

#1290 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,350 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted April 02, 2018 - 06:02 AM

^

I was actually referring to your post as Ball being #7 in guards as being skewed by fans (at least i think he had to be skewed way higher by fans).

Like 6+ positions higher i'd guess.  Haven't seen figures.

Same Kuz being 10th.  Way too high for him.

He may never reach all star level.  In fact likely not to.

Ball i think will by year 6

And i think Jules may beat Ingram to making all star team.

by a year or 3

Will Jules do it here or somewhere else?

If we somehow get PG and LBJ and also keep Randle, doubt JR puts up numbers or sneaks in ahead of Green who will likely win 12-15 more games w warriors and that makes a difference (even though all those wins wont show up till end of season long after voting...he's still got legacy advantage)

Also..if anything, hasn't Aldridge played at a much higher level post all star than before it when he made the team?

PG still ahead too.

Cousins doubtful. He may not even be ready when voting commences

But no way Randle jumps Jokic next season. Or at least unlikely.

And obviously, if we get LBJ...thats another forward ahead of randle

Add in Kawhi assuming this season was an aberration thats another forward JR would have to jump.

Now if Julius goes to the East...

(NOTE my longest post ever)

Edited by kball, April 02, 2018 - 07:10 AM.

• Tensai likes this

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1291 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,326 posts

Posted April 08, 2018 - 11:09 PM

This season we have found our perimeter scoring mostly from the starters thanks to addition of Brook Lopez. The ratio is about 2/3 for the starters with respect to all players for 3 point field goals scored. I have searched the teams who play similar to us (fast pace, balanced scoring) and Pelicans match quite well. Below is the Top 5 teams in Pace ranked, and their rankings with respect to 3-point field goals scored and the ranking for ratio of the 3-point field goals attemped to field goals attemped.

--- Team --- Pace ------------- 3-Point Field Goals ---------- 3PArate -----------

NOP  --------   1    --------------             17              ----------      19     -----------

LAL   --------   2   --------------              20              ----------      17     -----------

PHX   --------   3   --------------              23              ----------      20     -----------

PHI   ---------   4   --------------              12              ----------      12     -----------

GSW --------   5   --------------                8              ----------      15     -----------

This is how the spread for our team looks like with respect to starter vs. bench contribution:

Fi7Jw0m.png

This is the Pelicans:

Y4oe7xj.png

.... and this is the Sixers:

9oJuKmN.png

The difference in contribution with respect to starters and bench becomes obvious if you compare Pelicans with Sixers. Although both teams have some volume shooters on their team, the Sixers team is achieving perimeter scoring on much higher volume from its starters. It is also interesting that eventhough (arguably) their most important player (Simmons) does not have any 3-point field goal this season -- since HS I believe -- they are not missing it that much. IMO, our team is the most balanced among the 3 but effectiveness of the strategy can be debatable. The emergence of Randle makes it impossible to bring him off the bench so like Ben Simmons or to a degree Rajon Rondo, Lakers could get away with playing such a low volume (3-point) shooter as a starter. However, when the next season is concerned with prospect of bringing Paul George and/or Lebron James, who stays and who goes will play an important role. 

For the sake of discussion if the following team is constructed in summer:

C - Brook Lopez / Channing Frye

PF - Julius Randle / Kyle Kuzma

SF - Brandon Ingram / Josh Hart

SG - Paul George / " "

PG - Lonzo Ball / Isaiah Thomas

* Assuming they all play 82 games and within their respective roles *

The starting unit could have the following spread: Brook Lopez (100), Julius Randle (10), Brandon Ingram (60), Paul George (210), Lonzo Ball (120) -> 500 3p-field goals

And the bench could look like: Channing Frye (30), Kyle Kuzma (180), Josh Hart (70), Isaiah Thomas (120) + Extra (30) -> 430 3p-field goals

This would push us all the way to GSW territory with Top-8 in total 3-point field goals scored while having a Top-3 ranked pace. And the fluidity between starters and bench could be strategical to counter good defensive teams with high pace + perimeter spacing. Eventually what will make this a success or fail in terms of wins and losses is how the point guards and lead guards are able to dictate the offense.

fXlFKv8.gif

#1292 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,973 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 09, 2018 - 08:19 AM

I saw on fb that we broke the Lakers record for 3s in a season. I guess not all that surprising given the trajectory of the league but I couldn't help but think how many attempts that took lol

#1293 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,764 posts

Posted April 09, 2018 - 12:44 PM

OFFICIAL: Lakers Sign Andre Ingram

Ingram shot a league-best 47.5 percent from three-point range this season for the @SouthBayLakers and is the @nbagleague's all-time leader in three-pointers made.
https://t.co/oNVhMfFrjm

#1294 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,764 posts

Posted April 09, 2018 - 12:45 PM

I honestly thought that he should have been brought on the moment B.I got hurt.

#1295 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,526 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 09, 2018 - 12:56 PM

2 Ingrams?
  • FranklinPeanuts likes this

#1296 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,764 posts

Posted April 09, 2018 - 01:28 PM

Dude is 32. I didn't even know that

#1297 Toe Sucker

Toe Sucker

I suck my own toes.

• 11,762 posts

Posted April 09, 2018 - 02:07 PM

Brandon Ingram's ceiling is Andre Ingram.

• lildvl10 likes this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#1298 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,807 posts

Posted May 02, 2018 - 04:04 PM

FP to put that in true perspective factor the length of time he’s been playing in G league ten years!, not saying he can’t shoot but over time it adds up.

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, May 02, 2018 - 04:05 PM.

#1299 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,764 posts

Posted May 02, 2018 - 08:46 PM

Brandon Ingram's ceiling is Andre Ingram.

Even if the ceiling is the roof?

#1300 Toe Sucker

Toe Sucker

I suck my own toes.

• 11,762 posts

Posted May 13, 2018 - 09:02 PM

Even if the ceiling is the roof?

Does the cheeseburger smell the hot news wash window?

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lakers

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)