• 4,224 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 04, 2017 - 07:03 PM

so what’s the skinny on Deng?
Is he gonna retire?
stay and milk this contract?
Buy out?

He's not getting a buyout because his contract would still be on the books until it actually ends. The Lakers want the ability to create more cap space in 2018 free agency. He's not going to retire and give up all of that money.

I would guess the Lakers keep him until the off-season and see if they'll actually need that cap room. If so, they'll stretch him. If not, then they'll buy him out.

They would love to trade him. But, that's not happening unless the Lakers are willing to give up a prime asset again.

#1202 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 980 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 06, 2017 - 05:16 PM

He's not getting a buyout because his contract would still be on the books until it actually ends. The Lakers want the ability to create more cap space in 2018 free agency. He's not going to retire and give up all of that money.

I would guess the Lakers keep him until the off-season and see if they'll actually need that cap room. If so, they'll stretch him. If not, then they'll buy him out.

They would love to trade him. But, that's not happening unless the Lakers are willing to give up a prime asset again.

BR reporting lakers FO working on a buyout/or trade
  • FranklinPeanuts likes this

#1203 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,481 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 06, 2017 - 05:42 PM

Deng for unicorn + pick, do it Rob!

#1204 PaulGeorgetoLAL

PaulGeorgetoLAL

Rookie

• 12 posts
  • Name:Stjepan
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Sasha Vujacic

Posted November 10, 2017 - 06:41 AM

Where in The World is Ivica Zubac ? I understand that he has not had ideal matchups.. but he can’t have fallen of the rotation that bad ? Why isnt he sent down to G-league to develop more..

#1205 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,481 posts

Posted November 10, 2017 - 07:10 AM

Wait until Randle gets traded and Bogut steps down (back issues), then we'll se some Zubac, even some TB.
  • PaulGeorgetoLAL likes this

#1206 PaulGeorgetoLAL

PaulGeorgetoLAL

Rookie

• 12 posts
  • Name:Stjepan
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Sasha Vujacic

Posted November 10, 2017 - 08:14 AM

Wait until Randle gets traded and Bogut steps down (back issues), then we'll se some Zubac, even some TB.

I dont know if that scenery does happen it will be mid February maybe .. and thats alot of time to sit on the Bench if you are Zubac.

(Trading Randle) I like the current squad i didn’t expect playoffs this year,, but NBA season has started of kind of funky for the teams that everyone expected to be good. Now it doesn’t feel unrealistic to snag a 8 seed with a 40-42 record 🤞🏼

Like our depth and youth hopefully we don’t throw away that just because we want another “Mount Rushmore” = Lbj,Pg,boogie and etc cause I remember 2013 the Nash/Howard summer and don’t want that again.

I’d frankly rather wait 4 years for a deep playoffs run but that we build it through the young fellas

#1207 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 980 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 10, 2017 - 09:42 AM

Where in The World is Ivica Zubac ? I understand that he has not had ideal matchups.. but he can’t have fallen of the rotation that bad ? Why isnt he sent down to G-league to develop more..

He regressed during the summer league.
We already have one 7ft who gets killed in switches

#1208 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,242 posts

Posted November 18, 2017 - 08:07 PM

After seeing what Kuzma is capable of doing, I don't care much about W-L this season. Ball will learn from his struggles and the trio of Kuzma - Ingram - Ball will be a great watch. Maybe not this season but the next one.

• Rekal and LACAS like this

fXlFKv8.gif

#1209 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,738 posts

Posted November 19, 2017 - 01:54 PM

After seeing what Kuzma is capable of doing, I don't care much about W-L this season. Ball will learn from his struggles and the trio of Kuzma - Ingram - Ball will be a great watch. Maybe not this season but the next one.

I agree. Kuzma has actually been an incredibly lucky strike for the lakers. He's he kind of unforeseen find that can change the direction of a team. Because now if the lakers hit on the guys they were supposed to (ball and Ingram) then hitting on a guy like kuzma changes everything. You go from having 2 blue chip prospects to having 3.
Posted Image

#1210 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,305 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 19, 2017 - 04:42 PM

Ingram is looking good and Kuz has been a much needed find... when Ball comes around we will be sitting pretty.

Edited by LACAS, Yesterday, 03:42 AM.

#1211 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,481 posts

Posted November 19, 2017 - 09:18 PM

Agreed, but still... I HATE KCP! 😒 I really, really don't like this guy, he plays for himself on offense. Someone needs to tell him he's not Kobe!

#1212 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,598 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 19, 2017 - 09:59 PM

If a SG isn't an All Star he will always frustrate you.

They all shoot too much.

#1213 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,345 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted Yesterday, 06:37 AM

After a month of the season my favorite laker player hands down is...

Kuzma. Seriously, if you didn't know where he was picked, you'd swear he was maybe first pick in the draft

(Ingram is my 2nd...dude is going to be VERY good. Maybe Allstar by year 5?)

Edited by kball, Yesterday, 06:39 AM.

• LACAS likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1214 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,305 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:18 AM

Agreed, but still... I HATE KCP! I really, really don't like this guy, he plays for himself on offense. Someone needs to tell him he's not Kobe!

Why do you hate KCP after only 17 games? He's a hard nosed blue collar worker, who is tough, plays D and will knock down the 3... its obvious the offense hasn't looked great at times but he'll get better as he gets accustom to the system and cast.

#1215 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,305 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:22 AM

After a month of the season my favorite laker player hands down is...

Kuzma. Seriously, if you didn't know where he was picked, you'd swear he was maybe first pick in the draft

(Ingram is my 2nd...dude is going to be VERY good. Maybe Allstar by year 5?)

I agree, its hard not like or get excited about Kuz... the steal of the draft and I don't even think its close.

Ingram is getting more comfortable with his game and his advantages... he's going to be a stud, believe that.

If we can get Ball to come around sooner rather than later and join the BI and Kuz show, we're going to be very entertaining.

#1216 Ring Chaser

Ring Chaser

The Innovators

• 1,723 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Kyle Kuzma

Posted Yesterday, 08:51 PM

Lakers interested In Mindaugas Kuzminskas

NOV 20, 2017 11:47 PM

Pelinka_Rob_lal_170312.jpg

The Los Angeles Lakers have interest in Mindaugas Kuzminskas.

Kuzminskas was released by the New York Knicks when they had to create a roster spot for Joakim Noah.

The Lakers are in need of perimeter shooting on the wing.

OHM YOUNGMISUK/ESPN

"If you're going to lose, you have to lose because you can't be in the middle of the pack. You either have to be great or you have to be bad to get a good pick" - Earvin Magic Johnson

#1217 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,481 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:08 PM

For one year? Sign him

#1218 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar