• Please log in to reply
1187 replies to this topic

#41 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,925 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 01, 2016 - 12:22 AM

2 players for less than what it would take to max out Bradley Beal...I'm OK with that.

• MaceWindu likes this

tenor.gif

#42 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,925 posts

Posted July 01, 2016 - 12:23 AM

• Majesty and MaceWindu like this

tenor.gif

#43 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Off The Bench

• 2,200 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 01, 2016 - 02:59 AM

2 players for less than what it would take to max out Bradley Beal...I'm OK with that.

I dont know what these guys are crying about...
  • MaceWindu likes this

#44 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,839 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted July 01, 2016 - 04:10 AM

Thats easy. It is not a SEXY name. It isn't who ppl wanted. The expectations are set high,as they are every off season, and like every offseason.... for the Lakwrs, it's the same

No big name signs in LA... Shaq and that was it. Trades and drafting. Because folk cannot get the big names, it is all bad. The talk always sounds good but I believe nothing until it happens

So far no top tier playwr has moved anywhere... are you really surprised? Big max money talks...
  • DaSmoothOperator, JGuez, Majesty and 3 others like this

#45 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,030 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 01, 2016 - 04:33 AM

Big bucks is so far above winning in importance, to majority of leagues players. As it would be for most of us

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#46 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 2,196 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted July 01, 2016 - 05:06 AM

Clarkson's deal is GREAT. 

• FranklinPeanuts likes this
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#47 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,999 posts

Posted July 01, 2016 - 05:26 AM

Clarkson's deal really softened the blow of the Mozgov one for me. 

What a steal compared to what he could have gotten.

• MaceWindu likes this

#48 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,561 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted July 01, 2016 - 05:43 AM

Clarkson's deal really softened the blow of the Mozgov one for me.

What a steal compared to what he could have gotten.

NOOO LET'S IRRATIONALLY COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING
  • FranklinPeanuts, DaSmoothOperator and MaceWindu like this

#49 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,839 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted July 01, 2016 - 06:13 AM

NOOO LET'S IRRATIONALLY COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING

BAND ALL LAKER MOVES!!!!

peep this out and laugh...

yaaaaay

Lakers let Byron go (not picking up his contract)

Lakers hire Luke

Lakers Draft Ingram

Booooo

Lakers sign Mozgov

and now one signing has tipped all the positive? come on folks. Let us be real. The Lakers were not getting any top tier players. Quit fooling yourself.

• GCMD and MaceWindu like this

#50 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,999 posts

Posted July 01, 2016 - 07:07 AM

Russel / Huertas?
Clarkson / Lou
Ingram / ???
Randle / Nance
Mozgov / Black

#51 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,925 posts

Posted July 01, 2016 - 09:04 AM

But is He Worth It?

But if you're the Lakers, it's still so hard to justify four guaranteed years on a declining player who's about to turn 30 and has only logged more than 2,000 minutes once in his career. Mozgov’s best days are almost certainly in the rearview mirror, but money is no object for a Lakers team that entered this offseason with more cap space than anybody else.

They negotiated this contract as if they had no leverage, and, considering the market and their own desire to lock up an unrestricted 7-footer, maybe they didn’t. Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reported that Hassan Whiteside refused to hear a pitchDwight Howard never entered the conversation for obvious reasons and Joakim Noah already cast his focus on Manhattan, per Chris Broussard of ESPN.

The class still has several younger options like Festus Ezeli and BismackBiyombo, but neither can match Mozgov’s experience. 

Ezeli is a restricted free agent, which makes acquiring him a lot harder because the Golden State Warriors can match any offer, and Biyombo’s market value will be based on two weeks of spectacular play as Jonas Valanciunas’ backup against two teams with small front lines. Ian Mahinmiis another option, but he’s only a few months younger than Mozgov, and he will almost definitely command considerably more than $64 million.

Including the qualifying offers they made to Tarik Black and Marcelo Huertas, the Lakers still have about $32 million of cap space to play with, according to The Vertical. Even if they look desperate right now, the Lakers won't regret signing solid veterans who won't hinder their young core's development.

http://bleacherrepor...assive-contract

Edited by GCMD, July 01, 2016 - 09:06 AM.

tenor.gif

#52 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,925 posts

Posted July 01, 2016 - 09:06 AM

Big bucks is so far above winning in importance, to majority of leagues players. As it would be for most of us

A lot of teams had the "big bucks"...

tenor.gif

#53 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,589 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted July 01, 2016 - 09:16 AM

The mozgov move is fine, had a massive hole at centre, now filled with a decent option. If Whiteside or horford come in and they’re the first option or ‘the man’. By allowing the young guys to be the main go to guys, it’ll help their confidence and development

#54 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,370 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 01, 2016 - 09:21 AM

Nice to have JC locked up for 4 years.  Is the 4th year a player option I'm just curious?  Also nice that it's spread out evenly, so sure we have less space right now when we're having trouble landing free agents but we'll have more when hopefully we won't have trouble.    

#55 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,030 posts

Posted July 01, 2016 - 10:18 AM

JC setting himself up nicely for a giant payday next contract too.

Lakers hopefully propel his career to near allstar status next 3 years

• erfolk and MaceWindu like this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#56 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,256 posts

Posted July 01, 2016 - 10:22 AM

Well we will have a 100% certain evaluation of clarkson by the end of that deal

At 27 he will be the player he's going to be
Posted Image

#57 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,344 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 01, 2016 - 12:42 PM

Mozgov on desicion to join @lakers: convo with Walton was key, he loves the things I can do on the court and sees me as his primary center

Moz on his salary: I see it as a result of all hard work. Do I feel good abt it? Would u feel good about doing what u love and getting paid?

Moz on @Lakers: For me this is like a picture on your wall. I think many russian kids could say that. All we knew back then was Bulls & LAL

Moz on not having Kobe around: maybe he puts pressure on you, but anyway it's a shame I don't get to play with one of the all-time greats

Edited by Lakersfan1211, July 01, 2016 - 12:42 PM.

• Majesty and K-Kris like this

#58 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,370 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 01, 2016 - 12:48 PM

Luke already paying dividends.  Always be closing.  LUUUKE!!!!!

#59 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,030 posts

Posted July 01, 2016 - 12:57 PM

1211 and DTIII really working it.

Thanks guys

• Lakersfan1211 and K-Kris like this

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#60 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,761 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 01, 2016 - 01:54 PM

Love Clarkson's work ethic. I can see the FO using him as trade bait down the road though. He may be one of the most valuable players for his contract. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lakers

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (4)