Photo

The 2017-2018 Lakers Roster; 6/22 Lakers draft G Lonzo Ball, F Kyle Kuzma, G Josh Hart & C Thomas Bryant

lakers

• Please log in to reply
807 replies to this topic

#801 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,263 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted Today, 07:52 AM

It wasn't spacing. It was Russell and Ingram missing open 3s.

#802 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,648 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted Today, 08:08 AM

Everyone misses 3s even Houston and GS.  Teams also defend them differently which opens up easier shots for everyone.  Ingram and Russell likely get MORE open shots if teams have to account for others being able to make them.  The Kobe farewell year Russell and Clarkson were actually pretty high in spot up percentage.  Somewhere in the mid 40s. It's the contested percentages that hurt them.  

It wasn't spacing. It was Russell and Ingram missing open 3s.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#803 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,102 posts

Posted Today, 08:14 AM

I'll say this. What brook does more than anything is relieve Randle of spacing duties

Look at golden state. They don't have 2 guys who shoot down low. They had draymond and bogut, or draymond and McGee

So what Lopez does is actually take that pressure off Randle so Randle can actually play down low now. Lopez actually in all honesty shifts the offense to have the right amount of spacing players on the floor

What we need now is a consistent shooter at the 2. I'd LOVE to trade clarkson for Fournier. But if now I'd like to use our entire cap room this offseason on a 1 year reddick deal. I believe we have 14 million. If we could even do a 1 year 14 million dollar deal I'd be happy

I'd like the lakers to explore Fournier though. I think he's beyond perfect for what we're doing here. I'd throw in clarkson, and pretty much whatever they can spare
Posted Image

#804 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,648 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted Today, 08:20 AM

I believe Hart instantly becomes what we wanted from Clarkson.  Solid on both sides of the ball, makes open shots and doesnt do dumb [expletive].  

• MaceWindu likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#805 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,102 posts

Posted Today, 08:32 AM

I believe Hart instantly becomes what we wanted from Clarkson. Solid on both sides of the ball, makes open shots and doesnt do dumb [expletive].

I like hart quite a bit. But I'm looking more towards rotation. Also I don't really want to have 2 rookies in our starting backcourt Though I'll say this. Clarkson is a keeper for one reason. He's a perfect 6th man. Because he can handle the ball extremely well and score in a variety of ways

He's the perfect guy off the bench. He's 6-5 plays both guard positions

You can't ask for a better guy off the bench.

So IF we keep him which I have my doubts. I'd say throw money at the best shooter we can find on a one year deal

Our best bet is dion waiters and the reason being he's 25. He's most likely to take a 1 year 16 million dollar deal

Because with lonzo ball the lakers are going to be all over the media. Everyone's watching again

So someone young like Dion could play well. Shine. And get a nice pay day next offseason from some other team

Edited by last stand 2.0, Today, 08:33 AM.

Posted Image

#806 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Rookie

• 584 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted Today, 11:53 AM

I believe Hart instantly becomes what we wanted from Clarkson.  Solid on both sides of the ball, makes open shots and doesnt do dumb [expletive].  

Lets hope for this, I'm so tired of JC's dumb plays. I know he's an energy guy and very athletic, but his IQ has been regressing.

#807 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,478 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted Today, 11:59 AM

I dont think guys like Waiters or Reddick take 1 year deals.

Reddick would seem to have lots of value to teams and 3 years seems minimum (50 mill range?).

Wow we need some vets...literally no one for Brook to hang with.

(Well, Deng maybe)

Edited by kball, Today, 12:00 PM.

• JGuez likes this

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#808 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,954 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:1974
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted Today, 12:58 PM

33 year old Redick is near his end, this may be his last big paycheck, he's going to highest bidder.

• MaceWindu likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lakers

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 1 anonymous users

Bing (2)