lakers

• Please log in to reply
615 replies to this topic

#601 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 5,839 posts

Posted March 15, 2017 - 07:54 AM

The Lakers have reportedly shut down Luol Deng https://t.co/sC1yOo7S8p https://t.co/iMGQwphyBg

just like figured. Nick is next

I dont think so. I think Luke will play him since its his contract year..

I wouldnt be surprised if he's in the lineup tonight.

#602 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,115 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 15, 2017 - 08:19 AM

^

I think you may be right.

And if trading Lou Will to a conference NBA title contender is any guide, maybe the Lakers thank Nick by giving him run so his numbers look good so if he wants out, he has a pick of several teams that want his contributions, a few even top tier.

Edited by kball, March 15, 2017 - 08:20 AM.

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#603 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,111 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 15, 2017 - 11:02 AM

Why is anyone shocked?  The Denver game was the first step in their 'blatant tanking' strategy. 

Luke pretty much said "If we were in the playoff hunt, Russell would be starting, but we're not so we'll test Clarkson at the 1."  

That essentially means they're no longer trying to win games and are gonna throw out 'pre-season' lineups.  

So shutting down Mozgov or Deng was essentially the next step, as it's gonna be 'all young guys' for the most part for these last few games and seeing what use they have to the team going forward.  

We're gonna see some Clarkson at 1, gonna see some Russell at the 2, we're even gonna likely see Ennis get a start at some point with Russell playing the 2.    

At this point it's blatant tanking and not caring about winning.  So it probably won't be worth watching either. 

• manaro90 likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#604 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 4,802 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted March 15, 2017 - 11:27 AM

the next 3-4 weeks of lakers basketball -for me- arent worth waking up in the middle of the night anymore.. to be honest, lol the last time i woke up for this season (!) on 4.30 am was in december... then they sucked and then i knew it will be another season full of crap

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#605 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 5,839 posts

Posted March 15, 2017 - 11:57 AM

Why is anyone shocked?  The Denver game was the first step in their 'blatant tanking' strategy. 

Luke pretty much said "If we were in the playoff hunt, Russell would be starting, but we're not so we'll test Clarkson at the 1."  

That essentially means they're no longer trying to win games and are gonna throw out 'pre-season' lineups.  

So shutting down Mozgov or Deng was essentially the next step, as it's gonna be 'all young guys' for the most part for these last few games and seeing what use they have to the team going forward.  

We're gonna see some Clarkson at 1, gonna see some Russell at the 2, we're even gonna likely see Ennis get a start at some point with Russell playing the 2.    

At this point it's blatant tanking and not caring about winning.  So it probably won't be worth watching either. 

Outcome wont change regardless if Russell is starting or not. Yeah maybe team is better while he's on court but we'd still lose.

My interpretation, they want to see If Clarkson can handle the PG responsibilities and if he can, It just makes Russell more expendable( which I disagree with btw)

Edited by Ventiquattro, March 15, 2017 - 11:58 AM.

#606 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,454 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:1974
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 17, 2017 - 05:38 AM

This team has no heart, no fight and full of quitters.

Quite frankly the only reason I go to games is for the pre game drinks and grub at LA Live and for the Laker Girls.

Speaking of which, Lakers v. Laker Girls... my money is on the girls.

• fido likes this

#607 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,115 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 17, 2017 - 07:31 AM

This team has no heart, no fight and full of quitters.

Quite frankly the only reason I go to games is for the pre game drinks and grub at LA Live and for the Laker Girls.

Speaking of which, Lakers v. Laker Girls... my money is on the girls.

Is the blaring music at games all game long, every possession, timeout, and pregame driving you nuts?

It is me.

Unbearable almost. Seriously

Edited by kball, March 17, 2017 - 07:31 AM.

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#608 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,454 posts

Posted March 17, 2017 - 08:45 AM

^All of the above.

#609 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Sixth Man

• 4,154 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 19, 2017 - 09:23 PM

Anyone know if we're signing Nwaba for the remainder of the season? He's earned it.
  • FranklinPeanuts likes this

#610 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,018 posts

Posted March 20, 2017 - 07:54 PM

Four Lakers Score Career-Highs In One Week

messages_image2016944618.png?itok=KkwljE

The past eight days have provided a glimpse at what the Lakers’ young core could develop into if all goes right. Out of five games, four saw a Laker record his career-high in scoring, as Jordan Clarkson, Ivica Zubac, Julius Randle and D’Angelo Russell all showcased their offensive skill sets.

Clarkson got it started on March 12, when he tied his career-high with 30 points off the bench in the Lakers’ last-minute loss to Philadelphia. Clarkson — who was added to the starting lineup after this display — was aggressive, shooting 10-of-11 on free throws, and benevolent, handing out eight assists.

The very next day, Zubac got in on the action by bullying his way through the paint toward 25 points on a 12-of-15 clip from the field against Denver. The 19-year-old also hauled in 11 rebounds to become the youngest Laker to ever record a 25-point double-double.

Then, last Wednesday, Randle shattered his previous career-high of 25 points by using his combination of size and speed to overwhelm Houston’s bigs. Randle finished the contest with 32 points on 13-of-17 shooting, while also collecting eight boards along the way.

Finally, Russell capped off the week with the hottest night of them all on Sunday. At 21 years old, Russell became the youngest player in franchise history to drop 40 points in a game — and he did so against the defending-champion Cleveland Cavaliers. The 2015 second-overall pick scored on all three levels, hitting 14-of-22 while splashing seven 3-pointers. Though he started at shooting guard for the first time in his career, Russell also handed out six assists with only one turnover.

The Lou Effect.

Edited by Tensai, March 20, 2017 - 07:54 PM.

• FranklinPeanuts and Rekal like this

fXlFKv8.gif

#611 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 15,822 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 20, 2017 - 07:58 PM

Nwaba career high goes unmentioned

#612 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,258 posts

Posted March 21, 2017 - 09:55 AM

Nwaba career high goes unmentioned

Because he's not given the freedom Russell gets from Luke; playing favorites.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#613 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,144 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted March 21, 2017 - 01:30 PM

David Nwaba re-signs with the Lakers on a two-year deal https://t.co/MMw46WaZZa https://t.co/T5hwRGKCh2

#614 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 15,822 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 21, 2017 - 01:36 PM

We get it

#615 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 592 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted March 21, 2017 - 02:07 PM

Because he's not given the freedom Russell gets from Luke; playing favorites.

or because he's just started and saying "career high" every day for every stat would seem redundant this early in his career

#616 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,454 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 10:15 AM

When is next big D-league signing?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lakers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users